“Coffee Spot Taos NM”
Review of The Coffee Spot

The Coffee Spot
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in El Prado
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 12
Description: Serving made to order breakfast and lunch from 6am to 3 pm every day. Gluten free and vegan dishes are available. Fresh pastries daily. Pies by the slice or special order. Very strong Taos Roasters coffee. Perfectly made espresso drinks, Two Leaves and a Bud tea, home made chai and Ghiradelli Hot Chocolate. Expensive ingredients and five star service combined with thrift shop flatware and local art to create the prefect balance for a great local hang out!
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Not to be missed quirky coffee spot with an eclectic art gallery. Don't let the parking lot fool you!
My husband had a breakfast burrito which was delicious and a very generous portion. I had a yummy veggie omelette. Also a large portion. Reasonably priced. So good we went back a second morning! Husband had an egg, bacon and roasted chili pepper sandwich on toasted sourdough bread. I had egg and cheese sandwich on a bagel. Nothing disappointed! Great coffee. Numerous yummy looking pastries though we did not sample those. Very friendly staff. You will want to go home with a Coffee Spot t shirt!!

Reviewed 27 November 2016

Excellent coffee, homemade pastries. The barista is friendly and accommodating for any special requests or to answer any questions. Nice outdoor area with tables if weather permits. The coffee is absolutely the best!

2  Thank Trickstersawpix
Reviewed 20 October 2016

I enjoyed my coffee at The Coffee Spot. I also had a cookie with my coffee. The cookie was just ok, but I was there for the coffee, not the cookie so that wasn't a big deal for me. I think if you're in the area you should give it a try.

1  Thank jrae1216
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Loved this eclectic coffee house. Service was outstanding and the menu extensive if one wants more than just a coffee or latte. Tried the New Mexican one...expresso, cinnamon, chocolate, caramel. I expressed it sounded good but was afraid it was would overly sweet; the barista was gracious enough to cut down the syrups to make it just right.

Locals sitting outdoors were interesting and friendly. Loved the grounds...shaded sitting area, just enough outdoorsy without being in the boonies.

Definitely will be on my return list when in the area.

2  Thank Trickstersawpix
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Service was great , coffee was ok, however very very overpriced paid 6.50 for 20 ounce Mexican latte. A regular cup was 3.00, I did note that you could save .50 by bringing your own cup.

1  Thank Gayle M
Eric T, Owner at The Coffee Spot, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Hi Gayle, thanks for the review. When i was a baby my family lived in Broken Arrow! I know the mochas can be expensive. Trouble is, we buy the Ghiradelli Chocolate and make fresh whip cream with pure vanilla. We could sacrifice and buy less expensive ingredients but we refuse! Anyway it translates in to a higher price. Also, the 20oz has four shots of espresso where other coffee shops have two or three. Hope this helps to justify it in your mind. Have a great day!