“Good value. Clean.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Clovis
tucson
“Good value. Clean.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

An older hotel that is showing its age. Getting close to time to renovate (i.e. bathrooms, "convention area") Room was clean, roomy. No complaints. Good, hot breakfast.

Room Tip: Note: most hotels in Clovis are situated by a major highway and train track. Trains start running a...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wandersw
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

I just recently stayed at this hotel and was more then surprised for the low price! the rooms were nice and CLEAN. The front desk clerk Maria was more than helpful she took the time to answer all my questions which is a plus. They have an indoor heated pool and a huge breakfast buffet!!!WOW!! I highly recommend the property is nice too!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank K V
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have to admit I wasn't expecting much when I made the reservation. We needed a place to stop and sleep for the night in between Houston and Santa Fe, so we chose this little town. It's very much a stop-and-go kind of a place, for travelers of car and train alike. This hotel, however, delivered much more than a place to sleep. The beds were comfy, the rooms were nice and clean, the breakfast left something to be desired but I was impressed by their selection, and the service was very good. It is located within walking distance of a McDonalds, a Sonic and I think a Wal-Mart if my memory doesn't fail me, which served us well on this trip. All in all, it's a very nice place to stay if you need somewhere to conk while you're traveling. Great for families with small children.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Michelle H
Montgomery, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stopped at the Days Inn and Suites in Clovis on our way to Colorado. We were surprised by the great price for our clean and spacious room. Yes, it is a bit dated, but if you are looking for a good place to stay, look no further. The staff was friendly, they had a nice pool and game room area. The breakfast was extremely generous. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank texansteve
Rio Rancho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on many weekdays as we completed a project in Clovis. This was over a several month period from January 2012 to June 2012.
For all the places to stay on Mabry, this one offers the best for the price. The rooms both smoking and non, have been very clean every single day I was there. The bed was comfortable which is important when working long and exhausting days. There is minor repairs that are needed here and there in the rooms and lobby but no big deal really. I found the courtyard and fountains to be particularly relaxing.
There was one Friday where I booked some rooms for several of us that would be there Sunday night. I could tell that when she answered the phone she was busy. When we got there after our travel Sunday, the same person, Jeanette, already had all of our receipts and keys ready and it took a total of 6 minutes for her to get all six of us our rooms. That is excellent service if you ask me.
The morning front desk help is a bit on the unfriendly and cold side depending on who it is that is there. I am not sure what is up with that.
The biggest reason why I have come back is because of the person who takes care of the breakfast, Charlotte. She is the kindest person of the whole place. The breakfast is always hot and on time. This adds a huge value to the stay. Her happy demeanor and competent ways helps set the mood for the entire day. If I were to open a hotel somewhere, she would be the first I would hire.
There is a fun bar inside the lobby area but no restaurant. Internet connection is kind of a pain but for the most part it works.
If you go to Clovis, I would say this place is a good deal.

Room Tip: All the rooms were good.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business