“Best Bacon Cheeseburger Ever!”
Review of Dave's Cafe

Dave's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Cloudcroft
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 19
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 7 September 2015

first time walking around the town of Cloudcroft and the smell of grilled onions down burro ave just led us to Daves Cafe and the population of people enjoying ice cream outside this cute old western type strip mall. I loved the decor of Steelers football souvenirs and the wide screen TV showing football, there was antiquities displayed in the hallway leading to the back along with other curios open for business. The wait was not long but I was going to wait because everything coming from the kitchen was mouthwatering. The cashier waitress was really nice and all the servers were quick to ask for drinks. The menu offered burgers, sandwiches, steak, and mexican fare but I was waiting for a burger. The ice tea was fresh and the bacon cheeseburgers came out quickly, I had onion rings and my spouse had the fries, everything was fresh. Our first bite was like heaven, we raved about the food with every bite, the burger had 2 slices of hickory bacon cooked to perfection, american cheeseburgers lettuce tomato and mayo with pickle chips on the side. The fries were homemade style with the skins and the beer battered onion rings were hot and fresh. The decor of the wooden train as the condiment stand was the cutest, we had to replay the scene from back to the future 3 where doc brown saves Clara. I wish I had pictures of our meal and the decor but I didn't have my phone. This will not be our last visit but I can't stop raving about my experience! Thank you Daves Cafe!

2  Thank Trish T

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

My kids and I stopped in after four hours of hiking last week and we were very satisfied with the food and the service. The broccoli and cheese soup was really good!

Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

I stopped by here for dinner last night because the other places in the town were packed. I had the heartstopper burger- it was huge. The quality of the meat was great & excellent flavor. The waitress was charming & vibe very cool. Im at breakfast here as i type...

Reviewed 15 August 2015

The burger was good and the fires touted as being sliced and cooked on site. The fries weren't special despite the claim of freshly made. The food wasn't bad but I would say average. The atmosphere could have been better if they would sweep up the food and trash on the floor. Small details reflect on the business.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

Seems everything in Cloudcroft closed at 5 on a Saturday. Wanted to try the BBQ place but out of food so we tried Daves Cafe. The food was good and the service was okay. Inside was dark and kinda out dated. The place upfront with coffee and desserts was closed.