Review Highlights
Trip 1

My main complaint is at the beginning of the tour we were dumped at the “pearl farm” (jewellery... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
emp779
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
Beautiful sunset

We had a good squids fishing tour today,started the tour with free time for enjoy the beautiful... read more

Reviewed today
MrHieu1819
via mobile

All reviews tour guide pepper farm wine factory fish sauce factory coconut prison day trip south tour fishing trip southern islands boat crew spoke very good english the reefs top deck turtle island great guide fishing village prawns
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We booked the Land tour 1 spontaneously after dinner for the next day and wanted to see something from the island during our very short stay there. It was just perfect! Very punctual pick up, many destinations and chances to try all the delicious things like honey, wine, fish sauce, pepper. We saw old prison, beautiful pagoda, pearl farm, Sao Beach etc. Of course each stay was relatively short but the day was not stressful though, many impressions, learned something also. English from the guide was good too.

1  Thank Marina D
Reviewed 14 November 2017

We had booked the northern snorkeling trip for a day (9am - 15pm) and were told to be picked up at the nearby beach. 30 minutes had gone and we were starting to worry, so we called the place and they told that they would come pick us up by a car. Their plan had changed: because of the time of the year the pickup wasn't possible by boat yet so they had decided to pick us up by car - though they hadn't informed us about the change. Well they came by car to the resort nearby the beach and picked us up there. Even though everything went fine, it would have been a bit less stressful if they had only emailed or texted us about the change.

The snorkeling was nice! Two places and enough time, though the time of the year meant that the water was a bit muddy. But you could still see the fish and what was left of the used-to-be-shining corals. The lunch on the boat was also really good. There were about 20 other snorkelers with us on the trip, but it didn't feel too crowded on the boat or on the see. Also like 4 or 5 other companies were bringing people snorkling and diving to the same places at the same time.

The returning back to our hotel did not also go as informed on their web page. There it said that the boat would ride back to the harbour and you could enjoy the trip on the sun deck. But our hotel (at Ong Land beach) was located so that there was only 10 min boat ride from the last snorkeling place to the beach where we stepped off and got a 20 min car ride back to our hotel. It wasn't that big a deal to us that day, because it had started to rain a bit. But if you want to enjoy the boat ride back by bathing in the sun on the sundeck, you should ask about that in advance, because also the ride back seems to differ by where you are staying.

1  Thank Katja K
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Booked two trips with John tours, conveniently through my hotel, easy and uncomplicated.
Payment was listed in my room charge so no cash flow whatsoever and as I wanted to snorkel I left my wallet at home.
Promised pick up from and back to hotel, hm, sitting on the back of a scooter is unusual but ok, return wasn’t even that.
Friendly service neither, bus driver and tour guide nr. 2 never greeted or welcomed me.
Ok, to the start, snorkeling tour up north by boat, inexpensive ( for me)so my expectations are not too high.
Lucky, small group, quite and friendly. Enough room for a nap but also so much that the guide forgot about me with the included water as well as on both tours the clams and shells ( not sure what’s with that as on tour two again only the Vietnamese customers got a taste of these ?).
Already on the food topic, lunch, included, enough, tasty, easy.
Snorkeling itself, the north tour was very disappointing,nothing really to see , a 15 min. swim took me once around the whole turtle island.
Fingernail island was absolutely nothing to see.
Ok, boat trip, fresh air, some swimming but not a snorkeling experience.
Back at the harbor no pick up, tour guide haggled with taxi drivers who weren’t thrilled taking a bunch of foreigners for combined charge.
Really a mess and quite disturbing.
Driver couldn’t find the places on the first try neither but that is another issue.
Tour two, South Island snorkeling tour, again, scooter pick up, walked home later !
Bus, full this time, no welcome or hello but a big water bottle pressed in my hand.
A very condescending guide who’s barely concealed rasicm was a new one for me.
Poor English skills a reason ? Maybe but as a professional tour they should train their staff properly.
Big enough boat, comfortable company, same food as on tour 1.
First snorkeling spot, great, could have stayed there but they served lunch after not even 45 min. in the water and then hurried to the second spot, nope, clear water but to deep for snorkeling.
Uneventful way back, same bus, end of tour.
I wouldn’t use them again.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Went for the option 2. Snorkeling on Fingernail Island and another one I've forgotten the name of.
Picked up on time.
Had all over a great trip. The only thing I wish the guides would do is to tell people not to touch, disturb or break the corals. Some of the tourists broke off a big piece just to do a selfie with it, that really upset me.
Apart from that - super tour.

1  Thank tigr73
Reviewed 12 November 2017

After checking many other options of what to do in the island, we decided to go on this one because it involved snorkelling and visiting 2 islands. We were picked up in our hotel in Duong Dong area and after picking up other people we headed south to the harbour. It was a bit crowded but we managed to feel comfortable during the trip. The tour guides didn't show much interest about explaining what islands we were visiting and their names or any type of info about corals, wildlife and about Vietnamese fishing lifestyle. Only one of the younger tour guides was showing interest in helping and giving some directions where to swim. the lunch was surprisingly good, it was nothing special but was tasty, it was white rice, soup, grilled fish and greens, grilled pork and small shrimps. In the end 1 piece of watermelon per person. To mention that we didn't do the fishing that day, which we were very happy not to after seeing the other boat doing it, looked messy and honestly a waste of time. Instead we passed by 3rd Island and that was worth it. They should skip the fishing and do this 3rd island. Overall was worth it. Shame that the islands are full of rubbish and not taken care of.