“north tour”

John's Island Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

highly recommended trip just to see the island with a knowledgeable friendly guide Linh, previously rented a motorbike very cheap about 6$ a day great fun but you really dont know where to go and quite daunting on busy fast roads only a few main roads , this trip only about 12$ each and see all local sites and a lovely beach which doubt you would find on your own you can add lunch or just buy yourself at beach lovely restaurant good to do on a not so sunny day

1  Thank lovefoodbenidorm
"southern islands"
in 13 reviews
"fishing trip"
in 5 reviews
"spoke very good english"
"the reefs"
in 8 reviews
"top deck"
in 7 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"fishing village"
in 9 reviews
"marine life"
"nice beach"

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We booked the Land tour 1 spontaneously after dinner for the next day and wanted to see something from the island during our very short stay there. It was just perfect! Very punctual pick up, many destinations and chances to try all the delicious things like honey, wine, fish sauce, pepper. We saw old prison, beautiful pagoda, pearl farm, Sao Beach etc. Of course each stay was relatively short but the day was not stressful though, many impressions, learned something also. English from the guide was good too.

1  Thank Marina D
Reviewed 14 November 2017

We had booked the northern snorkeling trip for a day (9am - 15pm) and were told to be picked up at the nearby beach. 30 minutes had gone and we were starting to worry, so we called the place and they told that they would come pick us up by a car. Their plan had changed: because of the time of the year the pickup wasn't possible by boat yet so they had decided to pick us up by car - though they hadn't informed us about the change. Well they came by car to the resort nearby the beach and picked us up there. Even though everything went fine, it would have been a bit less stressful if they had only emailed or texted us about the change.

The snorkeling was nice! Two places and enough time, though the time of the year meant that the water was a bit muddy. But you could still see the fish and what was left of the used-to-be-shining corals. The lunch on the boat was also really good. There were about 20 other snorkelers with us on the trip, but it didn't feel too crowded on the boat or on the see. Also like 4 or 5 other companies were bringing people snorkling and diving to the same places at the same time.

The returning back to our hotel did not also go as informed on their web page. There it said that the boat would ride back to the harbour and you could enjoy the trip on the sun deck. But our hotel (at Ong Land beach) was located so that there was only 10 min boat ride from the last snorkeling place to the beach where we stepped off and got a 20 min car ride back to our hotel. It wasn't that big a deal to us that day, because it had started to rain a bit. But if you want to enjoy the boat ride back by bathing in the sun on the sundeck, you should ask about that in advance, because also the ride back seems to differ by where you are staying.

1  Thank Katja K
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Booked two trips with John tours, conveniently through my hotel, easy and uncomplicated.
Payment was listed in my room charge so no cash flow whatsoever and as I wanted to snorkel I left my wallet at home.
Promised pick up from and back to hotel, hm, sitting on the back of a scooter is unusual but ok, return wasn’t even that.
Friendly service neither, bus driver and tour guide nr. 2 never greeted or welcomed me.
Ok, to the start, snorkeling tour up north by boat, inexpensive ( for me)so my expectations are not too high.
Lucky, small group, quite and friendly. Enough room for a nap but also so much that the guide forgot about me with the included water as well as on both tours the clams and shells ( not sure what’s with that as on tour two again only the Vietnamese customers got a taste of these ?).
Already on the food topic, lunch, included, enough, tasty, easy.
Snorkeling itself, the north tour was very disappointing,nothing really to see , a 15 min. swim took me once around the whole turtle island.
Fingernail island was absolutely nothing to see.
Ok, boat trip, fresh air, some swimming but not a snorkeling experience.
Back at the harbor no pick up, tour guide haggled with taxi drivers who weren’t thrilled taking a bunch of foreigners for combined charge.
Really a mess and quite disturbing.
Driver couldn’t find the places on the first try neither but that is another issue.
Tour two, South Island snorkeling tour, again, scooter pick up, walked home later !
Bus, full this time, no welcome or hello but a big water bottle pressed in my hand.
A very condescending guide who’s barely concealed rasicm was a new one for me.
Poor English skills a reason ? Maybe but as a professional tour they should train their staff properly.
Big enough boat, comfortable company, same food as on tour 1.
First snorkeling spot, great, could have stayed there but they served lunch after not even 45 min. in the water and then hurried to the second spot, nope, clear water but to deep for snorkeling.
Uneventful way back, same bus, end of tour.
I wouldn’t use them again.