“Unforgettable experience”

Villa Socorro Agri-Eco Village and Farm Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pagsanjan
“Unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Me, my wife and my six year old son checked in to Villa Socorro on the 19th of December, 2011. The trip to Pagsanjan was basically for us to experience shooting the rapids at Pagsanjan falls. It end up that the Villa Socorro experience became the more memorable experience.

We arrived around 8pm and the caretakers and the supervisor, Angelo, was waiting for us. Dinner with Pritong tilapia, ginataang manok with papaya, fresh buko juice and the delicious banana chips produced from their farm itself.

Angelo and the team is very hospitable and a wonderful personalized service. The room we stayed is a deluxe room called Kalabasa. It's more of a small probinsya type house with seperate kitchen and bedroom with an attached bathroom.

The next morning after breakfast, Angelo showed us around the forest-like banana farm. The tree planting experience was really memorable. My family planted a mangosteen tree. We are hoping to taste its fruit when we return in near future.

From the moment I called to enquire (I was assisted by the GM himself Mr. Raymund Aaron), to the warm reception, to the check out. The Villa Socorro experience is truly wonderful and memorable and a learning experience of a true Filipino way of living.

Thank you to Mr. Raymund, Angelo, Mang Joseph and the rest of the team. Keep up the wonderful job and continue to help preserve nature by recycling and being eco-friendly. We will surely be back with the rest of our family.

We really appreciate your hospitality.

• Stayed December 2011
7 Thank manansalarandy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

i visited villa socorro with global xchange team at the very end of our volunteering placement in the Philippines and it was one of greatest experiences i had in the country. not only pagsanjan is an incredibly beautiful place and the boatride to the falls was an amazing experience, but villa socorro has made it even better!
the acommodation is great, comfortable and very high quality, but there is so much around one doesn't even want to take advantage of acommodation itself ;) walking around the forest, the farm, visiting the monkey, a river, lying on the hammock with a book and cup of coffee, watching banana crisps being made and much more - there's just plenty to do around there :)
the food we've had was one of best i tried, it was also served in a beautiful way! i'am a big fan of sweet bananas so i've also tried and really liked the variety of banana crisps they had to offer;
we were on the tour around the farm, it was great, had a bonfire, planted the trees, and it's a unique and brilliant idea for everyone to have their personal tree growing out there ;) for me, especially, since i live in europe and the thought of a tropical fruit tree with my name in the philippines is just unreal ;D
last, but not the least, the owners as well as everybody who works there, were extremely nice and very, very helpful to us, SALAMAT PO !
i really enjoyed it and i would recommend it to everyone. and it's surely a must-see for eco lovers :)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ineem
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

My boyfriend and I visited Villa Socorro last Aug 26-27 for the post-celebration of our 2nd year anniversary. We really enjoyed our stay here. Two thumbs up for their great deal offered in cash cash pinoy. We love everything we experienced in Villa Socorro, from the accommodation, the hospitality of all the staffs, the warm welcome given to us by Raymund and Sir Mars, the wonderful foods, the recreation and the very relaxing tree planting activity and forest spa massage.

We also like to congratulate the Aaron family for their amazing "sabanana chips". We bought a box of banana chips as pasalubong and our friends were really amazed with its delicious taste.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bochog
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

My friend and I arrived at around 4pm. We were welcome by Raymond, the son of the owner. He is also the person who handles reservations. Very accommodating and friendly. I had to move my reservation a day later and he wasn't difficult to talk to. His ultimate concern was always "the convenience of the guest." Quite impressive... he understands hospitality and great customer service. The rooms are nice. Clean toilet and bath.
The experience was very unique. After putting our things in the room, my friend and I went around and took pictures. It was a hot day.. I asked for drinking water and was told to go to their dining hall. My friend and I just sat there to talk and was offered snacks. I think it was bibingka and kesong puti. It was different compared to the bibingka available in Manila. After 90mins dinner was ready. They served ginataang manok (w/ papaya), friend fish, rice fried saging na saba and nilagang mais.
The following day for breakfast we had dinaing na biya, lucban longganisa, fried egg and garlic rice. After breakfast, we did the tree planting. The guests in each room planted a rambutan tree. The owner, Mr. Aaron guided us during the tree planting. It was an interesting experience. After that Raymond brought the guests around the farm and gave us a little bit of history of the resort. We saw the classic scene: a lady washing clothes by the river and a horse taking a dip in the river and later was joined by a boy.
Before we left the resort, they gave us a small native bag filled with goodies: banana chips (their own product), key chain similar to what we had during our stay, ref magnet and a certificate saying we planted a rambutan tree. Overall, my friend and I had a great time. It was a birthday gift to my friend and surely, she enjoyed it. It was a fun, learning and unique experience. The place is easy to find and accessible to commuters. To Raymond and his dad, kudos!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank jasper2276
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pagsanjan
42.0 km away
21.6 km away
Batis Aramin Resort and Hotel
33.6 km away
Riverview Resort & Conference Center

Been to Villa Socorro Agri-Eco Village and Farm Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK