All reviews infinity pool rooftop restaurant walking street free toothbrushes huge shower area tequila reef equipped rooms executive room spa bath premium price security deposit rainforest shower new construction right smack in the middle past two years private car modern design
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We really enjoined our staying here.
Modern, rooms are big and silence.
Everybody is very nice and helpful.
The swimming pool is small but amazing. Very beautiful view from the swimming pool and restaurant. Breathtaking!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
PBH001, Manager at Central Park Tower Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for taking your time and for posting a review of the hotel. We are always happy to hear from our guests, especially when they had a very enjoyable stay such as yours. We do our best and its a pleasure to get a review such as yours. It's a pleasure to serve and we hope that you will return again in the near future for another outstanding stay.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

it might be located near Friendship street , but i saw more prostitutes in this hotel than during my entire life, Going to the pool , they were there , taking the elevator , they were there , this hotel might be good for single man looking for the happy moments , but definately not for a couple , of a family with children

Room Tip: try to avoid the hookers
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
PBH001, Manager at Central Park Tower Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Guest, Sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the hotel. The hotel is located near the famous Balibago entertainment district and nightclub area. I believe the persons you are referring to are guests of other guests. I am not sure it is fair to classify them all as prostitutes. The hotel has 24 hour security and solicitation at the hotel is strictly prohibited and enforced. I agree that the area might not be ideal for families but the hotel has families who frequently come back for return visits. As for the low rating you gave us, not sure it is fair considering the features and service that the hotel provides and you overlook, but its certainly you right.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Hello,

I have been a repeated guest for a while now.

Seeing the mixed reviews before mine, I like to share that my experience have been decent and was even better this time.

Credits to Annie from Front Desk who have been exceptionally outstanding from pre check-in to post check-out during my stay.

Housekeeping were friendly and accommodating to some room requests of mine.

Few improvements in my opinion:
1) Wifi speed is too slow, I could not watch a youtube view without worrying it would disconnect.
2) F&B takes long to answer the call
3) The bug issue especially ants inside the room

Overall great stay, will return again!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank haesecneret
PBH001, Manager at Central Park Tower Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear Haesecneret,

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. We have taken note of you concerns and we do our best to resolve them for all of our guests.

It's our pleasure to serve. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Very good location, friendly staff, beautiful roof top pool with bar and restaurant. Very clean and tidy hotel and staff are very courteous for guest comfort. Our pick up and drop driver Alvin was brilliant.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
PBH001, Manager at Central Park Tower Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Hi Tek P,

Thanks for your review and for staying at the Central Park Tower. It was a pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you back at the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to the Walking Street. This alone assures success of this hotel, despite poor service, uncaring attitude and long wait every where. Oh yes, don't be fooled by the beautiful pics of the hotel. It is boxed in from two sides completely. That means, if you get a room overlooking one of those sides (more than 50% chance), you would be staring at the wall all day.

I had a booking for five nights in an “Executive Plus Room”. I had clearly requested a non-smoking room with open view. I was given a room on smoking floor (5th floor), labelled as "non-smoking" room. As soon as you come out of elevator, the smokes hits your senses because there is no air circulation in corridors. It is almost suffocating. That too, after 45 min wait at check in because they were still cleaning the room (at 2pm check in time!).
When I complained to the manager, I was given option to move to a non-smoking room next day, but I will be staring at the new construction, a wall just a few feet away (see the picture). And of course, construction noise. After a lot of persuasion and begging, the manager agreed to give me a room on the non-smoking floor TWO days after check in.

It was raining most of my five days stay. When I asked if the hotel had a loaner umbrella for guests, the answer was a clear NO. Oh, the manager said, we can sell you hotel umbrellas (at a premium price). Nice business model. Thankfully, there were guys selling cheap umbrellas right outside the hotel. I realized that this was a pattern for this hotel. To make money from guest's miseries. Forgot your tooth brush or tooth paste? Nothing is free or complementary. They will sell you a tooth brush for 50 pesos and toothpaste for another 55 pesos. (see the attached sales pitch, pasted in each bathroom).

The rooftop infinity pool was photogenic but completely useless for swimming. After two or three laps, you will reach the other end of infinity! I also noticed a small pouch of medicines floating in a clear plastic bag. It must have fallen from someone's pocket and no one cared to remove it.

The 88th Street Resto & Pizza Pub is greatly a hit-or-miss affair. One morning, the breakfast is good. The next, it seems the amateurs have taken over the kitchen. I ate there more often than I would like to, mostly because it was raining crazy. Wait staff looked overworked and had really a bad attitude, uniformly. Example: while paying bill by credit card, waitress insisted that she needs to see my ID. I politely pointed out that I am a hotel guest, showed my room key and asked her to call the reception since they had a copy of my passport. Won’t do. You have to show the ID.

A really great option for food is just around the corner, at 400 ft from the hotel---Tequila Reef Cantina. At about the half the price, you get great food and nice service with a smile.

The restaurant table had little ants that bit my hand. There were bugs in toilet and hotel room. One of them bit me while I was on the toilet seat. Yikes.
Good things: Beautiful bath room. Security staff always smiling and welcoming. And close proximity to walking street. That is all.
If this hotel was anywhere else, I would not go near it. But its success says more about the paucity of decent places to stay in Angeles City. I have stayed often at Lewis Grand Hotel. They have bigger rooms, shuttle service to walking street, smiling staff, and really large pool. I will take Lewis Grand any day over this smokers’ paradise. If you love cancer and emphysema---this is the place for you. You don’t even need to buy cigarette, the second hand smoke is waiting for you at eight of the ten floors.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending with letter 05-07. You will be facing a wall few feet away and no light.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank singh_nyc
PBH001, Manager at Central Park Tower Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Unfortunately at times we get guests who for whatever reason feel that everything in the hotel should be free and discounted and if you don't comply they take to the internet to bash the hotel about everything they can think of. Really...this guest expects the hotel to give away free umbrellas. Even the 5 star Hilton hotels don't give away free umbrellas. If the hotel was really as bad as the writer states then why not check out after one day? With regards to smoking and non-smoking area, we have designated certain floor as non-smoking and there are signs posted. Unfortunately at times, some guests will not follow those rules and they are warned accordingly. As for the late check-in...if that did happen, I will certainly apologize for it. Occasionally, the front desk will allow a late checkout which does not give the housekeeper adequate time to have the room ready by 2 PM. This matter shall be taken up with the front desk staff.