“THE BEST”

Ranked #8 of 70 Hotels in Angeles City
Honolulu, Hawaii
“THE BEST”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Next month will be the 6th time I will be staying at Hotel Royal Amsterdam. I can think of no finer hotel to stay at while in Angeles City. It starts with a friendly greeting at the Front Desk. You check in, get your bags taken to your clean, beautiful, spacious room, and shown how to use the various features in the room. Room service is excellent, restaurant downstairs is awesome, and the convenient location of the hotel makes you wonder anyone would want to stay at any other hotel. Of course I really did not want to write this because now I am sure it will be booked all the time, and I will not be able to get another reservation. But I am not selfish, so I will be sharing this great experience with anyone reading this review. Trust me, Hotel Royal Amsterdam is second to none!

Room Tip: They're all good rooms! I might try the Jacuzzi Suite one day!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Craig O
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This hotel is a little gem,right in the middle of walking street,management is hands on and easily found,i found plenty of staff behind the check in counter who were friendly,curteous and all spoke english well.
I booked 3 superior rooms for me and 2 travelling friends of mine,my friends are accustom to 5 star accommadation and were really impressed with this establishment,great value for money,found the food safe and good size portions.Definetly coming back to Angeles and i'll be staying here.

Room Tip: Go superior,pay a little extra, the rooms are huge with all the mod cons and big wall plasma tv .
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Brussels
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I will definitely be going back to the Royal Amsterdam next time I'm in Angeles. The quality of your stay in any hotel will be determined by the way in which it is managed and I'm pleased to say that with Jochen in charge here, you're in excellent hands.
Communication with the hotel while booking was very easy indeed and Arlene answered any questions I had about our stay via email very promptly indeed - often within just a few minutes. Assuming that you're visiting Angeles to sample the nightlife on the Strip, the location of the hotel couldn't be better. As soon as you walk out of the door, you're right in the hub of the action. That said, we were able to get an extremely peaceful night's sleep on a very comfortable king size bed. Since our window faced onto an indoor courtyard on the first floor, we heard no noise from the street whatsoever. In addition, insulation between the rooms is good, and I didn't hear any other guests in neighboring rooms for the entire duration of our stay. We booked a superior room which was very spacious, clean and easy to relax in. Having decided to have breakfast in the restaurant, we were glad we did, as the food was tasty, filling and good value for money.
The hotel staff are very courteous and helpful, so if you need any assistance, be sure to simply contact the front desk, who will be more than happy to attend to you. I'm really looking forward to going back there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dublin
Reviewed 8 February 2012

If you are looking for a centrally located hotel in the middle of the action with excellent staff and genuinely friendly service you have found it. I stayed in the Hotel Royal Amsterdam for a week in December 2011. I had looked at a number of hotels in Angeles City and picked this hotel based on recommendations I found on Tripadvisor coupled with a few Philippine web forums I had joined.

Booking was simple and I availed of the airport pickup service as my Cebu Pacific flight was not landing until 4am. The driver was outside waiting as arranged and he had lots of valuable tips to give me on the way to the hotel. As we drove from the airport, I saw some of the hotels I have previously researched along the way. Most of them were quite a distance away from the main strip and located on streets I would rather not walk at night as I am a lone traveller. When I arrived at the hotel, I was delighted by the location and knew I had made the right choice. The hotel is right on Field avenue in the middle of the action. There are more bars and eateries than you can shake a stick at. My only initial concern was if it was going to be too noisy to sleep and I am delighted to say that with the double glazing and heavy curtains, I heard no noise at all at night. Check-in was quick. The ladies on the reception desk were efficient and smiled constantly. Even when dealing with a tired grumpy guest who couldn't find his passport, they remained pleasant and professional by empathising with him and telling him there was no rush.

The pictures of the rooms on the hotel website are exactly representative of what you get when you arrive. There are no surprises and everything seems to be in excellent condition. I picked the Superior deluxe room for 2990 Peso which was at the front of the hotel on the second floor and directly overlooked Field avenue. It is a large 42sqm room and has quality furnishings and a large comfortable bed with quiet AC that cooled the room quickly. There is a good size mini-bar fridge full of goodies and unlike many hotels which have extortionate mini-bar prices, I was pleasantly surprised to find beer and soft drinks at prices even cheaper than on Perimeter road.(And that's cheap!) Two of the things that really matter to me in a hotel are the Wi-Fi speed and a decent sized in-room safe. I had no problem fitting a netbook computer, camera, lenses and a camcorder into the safe. The Wi-Fi was excellent and I had no dropouts using Skype or Facetime on my iPhone. For those who like an early morning swim, you will be disappointed as the hotel does not have a swimming pool. I suppose its a trade off against the fantastic location in an expensive prime real estate spot.

The room was cleaned every day even on the days when I had only left it for a very short period of time. The rest of the hotel was spotless too so top marks to the cleaning crew. The security on the door were polite and always had a smile when I came and went. I am a vegetarian and did not try the restaurant in the hotel so I can't comment on the quality but it gets very good reviews online. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to any traveller to Angeles City who is looking for a well priced safe hotel in the heart of the action. I have already booked a return trip for 9 days in December 2012 and am happy in the knowledge I will get great service in a very comfortable room.

Many thanks to Jochen and the hotel staff for a great stay. Also a special thank you to the nice lady at reception (Not sure if it was Dina, Arlene or Anne) who printed out my airline boarding card free of charge when I was checking out.

Room Tip: Get the superior deluxe room. It overooks field avenue and you can watch the world go by.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 February 2012

You really can't tell how nice this place is until you see it in person, photos don't do if justice. I wish I had more time in my trip to stay here longer, but there will always bd a next time. I have only good things to stay about this place. I was only here 3 nights out of my 15 days in the Philippines, but staying here was the best part of the trip. I have never loved being in a hotel room as much as I have with this place. Also I ate 90% of my meals here since it has the best food selection on the avenue. Location is fantastic as well since its right in the middle of fields ave and I didn't hear any street noise.  The quality of the rooms were great, they didn't cheap out on anything and it's still a great price.  Staff was good too. I feel fortunate that I was able to stay here. Definitely the best place in Angeles City! (and on a side note, look up the angeles city hash running group, it's a short run/walk that you can do during the day that takes you to the outskirts of town and it's a lot of fun and very scenic and you have drinks and visit with people afterwards.)

• Stayed January 2012