All reviews rooftop pool the air conditioning system top floor carpet angeles internet maintenance
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Booked a Junior Suite at the Penthouse and then started reading the reviews. As most reviews focused on poor internet, elevators not working and average food quality I thought that these issue would have been addressed by management and decided to proceed with my booking.
Room was large, but the photos on the web site are definitely done by a professional as the web site makes the room layout look different. Being a suite the room had a kitchen area with cooker, microwave, full size fridge and dinning table, but no cooking equipment or chairs for the dinning table. Aircon in room was excellent, quite and fully adjustable from warm to very cold, hot water was good, but only after running it for approx. 10 mins before hot water came out.
Internet was non existing in the room, great in reception area and roof top bar but I cant afford to not have a room with internet.
One of the elevators would not stop on my floor and of course this was always the elevator that came when on the ground floor (had to sent the elevator to top floor and step out, then call elevator again to get the one that worked).
Food and service at the roof top pool is very poor, I was the only guest and ordered some breakfast, it took 30 minutes to be served and the quality was only average.
The staff in reception were excellent, very efficient check-in/check-out and very helpful when I needed some advise.
Overall very disappointing that same issues reported many times have not been resolved, I am planning return to Angeles this September and would love to stay in Penthouse because of the location and the reception staff, but I have not confidence that any of the issues will be fixed so somewhere else for me in September.

Room Tip: Without good internet, don't think there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Mr_Terrible
The_Penthouse_Hotel, Executive Assistant at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Mr. Terrible,

Warmest Greetings from the Penthouse Hotel!

First of all, we would like to thank you for having stayed with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We have already informed our Management accordingly, please know that steps are being taken to fix and improve the service of our Hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for any trouble or inconvenience that was caused to you by this incident. Again we highly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.

Looking forward to welcome you here again soon, we remain in the meantime with our best regards.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

too pricey for the service.
towels are too old!
paid 16k pesos for one night and the toiletries we used, we still need to pay???!
pool is also a disappointment!
the cabin’s chair at the poolside are dirty!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
The_Penthouse_Hotel, Executive Assistant at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Ms. Realizab2017,

Warmest Greetings from the Penthouse Hotel!

First of all, we would like to thank you for having stayed with us. We are deeply honored that you have chosen the Penthouse Hotel as your “home away from home”. We do appreciate you taking yourself the time to inform us why our services rendered did not meet your expectations. We are sorry to hear that our services weren't up to the standard you've come to expect from us. And we're currently taking steps to upgrade some of the bathroom facilities. Every issue that you have mentioned has already been addressed properly to the staff in charge to ensure we improve on this. And we are making our best, to in the future prevent these things from happening again.

Again, we humbly extend our utmost sincere apologies to you regarding this and any disappointment.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

This the second time I have stayed The Penthouse Hotel. I should have learned my lesson the first time. While the hotel has a great location and the rooms are nice the food choice and terrible internet service detract from it. I had went to the upper deck pool restaurant to order food for my guest and I. My guest ordered pork adobo and I ordered fish and chips. The waitress took our order, but came back several minutes later to inform us they were out of pork for the pork adobo. Seriously? This is the Philippines and you are out of pork? Why did the waitress not know this when we ordered??? If you are running low on a food item then send someone to go purchase more. Its the Philippines, its not hard to find pork in the Philippines.

The second issue is the horrible horrible internet service. I called down to the desk and they sent up a couple guys with a router to install in the room. Even with a router in the room next to my laptop I could barely manage 10Mbs. Across the street at the Bourbon Street Condos I had over 50Mbs. Running out of food early in the morning and horrible internet service is simply unacceptable in a 100 dollar a night hotel. I will never stay at the Penthouse Hotel again..

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear Mr. zxlnt,

Warmest Greetings from the Penthouse Hotel!

First of all, we would like to thank you for having stayed with us. We are deeply honored that you have chosen the Penthouse Hotel as your “home away from home”. It is only through feedback such as yours that we were able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests. Kindly be advised that every issue that you have mentioned has already been addressed properly to the staff in charge and we are making our best, to in the future prevent these things from happening again. Please accept our sincere apology for any trouble or inconvenience that was caused to you by this incident.

In the meantime, we will wish you lots of success and all the best, for now and in the future.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

It’s my favorite hotel n Angeles City cuz there’s nice,good and friendly reception staff and I want to say thanks for all and specially my friends and Mahal ( Ghcl , Jem , Min , Via , Car , Cel ) they where as usual very kind Ana sure all roof staff and room attendants,,, anyhow just want to say still elevator not working since 3 months and the management should do something better to make the hotel as it was before good .., my suite was good n general

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank mhdawonia
The_Penthouse_Hotel, Executive Assistant at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Mr. Mhdawonia,

Warmest Greetings from the Penthouse Hotel & Residences!

First of all, we would like to thank you for having stayed with us. We are deeply honored that you have chosen the Penthouse Hotel & Residences as your “home away from home”. And we are happy to see based on your feedback that our staff made your stay pleasant except for the lift that was broken. Please be advised that the management is working hard to get the other elevator back and running as soon as possible.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.

We are looking forward to welcome here you again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

This is a VERY GENEROUS 3 star review as the air conditioning system, food and staff are ok but the lift in the hotel has been broken for over a year (what I've heard) and it's doesn't look like it will be fixed anytime soon. To go anywhere in the hotel you have to call reception and tell them to send the lift to you...this is a VERY boring process and will really make you angry. Also the wifi is not so good so you may need to ask them to install a router in your room. Apart from that I don't have any issues as the location is very good. It's such a shame about the lift...and it's what made me move out.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Barfine R

Dear Mr. Jim B,

Warmest Greetings from the Penthouse Hotel & Residences!

First of all, we would like to thank you for having stayed with us. We are deeply honored that you have chosen the Penthouse Hotel & Residences as your “home away from home”. And we are glad to learn that you consider the services provided to you as having been good ones. Except for wifi and the other lift that was broken. Please be informed that the Management is working hard to get the other elevator back and running as soon as possible.

Looking forward to welcome you here again soon. In the meantime, we will wish you lots of success and all the best.