All reviews limited channels sm clark free breakfast large room hot water flat screen tv per night walking street bathtub wifi convention couch mall filipino security
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Budget hotel with good room amenities. I got a nice size room with a big comfortable bed, Flat Screen TV, large refrigerator, table/chairs, couch, safety box and a shower/ bath tub "which is the main reason I booked this hotel again;" furniture is old and outdated. Nothing in the room for heating water to make coffee or tea, but you can ask for hot water or order food from the hotel restaurant.
Some worker remember me from my previous visit and all were professional. Also, I got immediate service when I called the front desk to clean my room or towels / toiletries "Good Service there."
Pro: Location, Bath tub and strong WiFi signal in my room.
Con:
- Hotel has a serious roach problem; cleaning staff are not going to solve it by spraying one room after cleaning it; roaches were in the bath room and around the bed / couch area of my room "Not Good." I used to can of spray to keep them at bay during my stay and informed the front desk to tell the owner that he needs a better bug spray plan for the whole building "Can't imagine what is going on in the Restuarant."
- Water leaks on the floor while taking a shower; floor towel soak and wet from one shower.
- As mention in another review: there are local people holding conventions at the hotel who are loud in the hallways and can be a pain when you rather have some peace and quit.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Gill_2007
Reviewed 12 April 2017

I cannot say that I am pleased nor not satisfied with our stay in this hotel since the rate per night is cheap and affordable.
But I can surely share some of my observations, and experience with our stay .

PROS
This mid-ranged hotel is very accessible as far as location is concern.You can see SM Clark in your room(if facing the street).Street Noise is tolerable.
Affordable Rate - we booked 2 rooms, with 3 days and 2 nights stay at P6000++. By the way, Free BREAKFAST is ONLY included IF YOU BOOKED directly to the hotel.
Rooms - The bedroom was spacious and very comfortable, nice and Clean, with Digital safety box.
Amenities - It has a swimming Pool, a SPA, and restaurant.
(Internet signal is strong)

CONS
Service - The management should remind their Security Guards and Receptionist how important their role is, since they're the first to interact with the GUEST, and they're the one that creates good first impression.
" No one assisted us where we could park our car"
" Not so friendly and helpful receptionist ".

Room Maintenance
Water is leaking in the CR in room 503.

At a price of P1500+ per night don't expect that you will get a complimentary water, and a Electric Kettle for your coffee.
The cable has limited channels.

Overall:
Will I stay again in this HOTEL?
No, I will try another one.

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank Allan Christoph... A
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Visited here once again, same place. Even thought its only been 12 months since reviews, the hotel did age a bit. Normal wear and tear? A big group of local tourist came in for a convention, they were very noisy, even thought silence signs are posted all through the hall ways. The only thing that really irritated me is ; I called TWICE for a set of clean towels, I didn't want the room made up, both times was told someone would come up, no one EVER did. That's really the only thing that made me upset, and the loud mouth local tourists.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank esethebomb
Reviewed 7 March 2017

I would soon stay on the seediest streets of Manila rather then return to Hotel America!
Ok I will be brief; I am prone to high blood pressure. Stayed on the 10th floor and at 1030 pm they started moving furniture from a prior wedding on the floor above! After about an hour of this raucous insanity, and in spite of numerous calls ,, I went up stairs and a bunch of their wotkers in their teens were breaking down chairs and cookers. When I prodded them, they looked shocked.

They moved my family a down few floors (no cart),,more like an evacuation. I was so angry I tried to take a shower to cool my boiling blood,,,immediately water started running on floor from the non level bath sile.

This place is a total joke.

Oh PS the breakfast is akin to Prison food. Good luck!

Room Tip: carry a head set and sleeping pills, leave sharp objects at home, cuz you will be prone to attacking the owner/manager
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank SurfinAsia
Reviewed 3 March 2017

Bit run down to be honest but the staff are friendly and they have a swimming pool which is nice during the day when it gets hot. Rooms are doable with good size and relatively clean. Its a bit far away from walking street but that also makes it a bit quieter which is nice.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo