Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com$19
Priceline$19
FindHotel$19
eDreams$19
Tripadvisor$19
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2020 via mobile

Only got to stay a few days and under pretty atypical circumstances (world wide pandemic going on). First of all Suci, the owner is great. Excellent accommodating booking process, she helped me out last year when my flight got cancelled and I rescheduled this year with no problem. Easy check in, nice restaurant with decent food at standard Indo restaurant prices for local food. Great views- especially sunrise- and well laid out superior room.

Diving: pretty decent vis, nice guides - Gun (pronounced with long u) was most attentive in finding cool things to show me as well as Kadek who apparently is nicknamed eagle eyes. I had several guides (5 in 7 dives) over the course of my stay (not sure if that’s normal practice here) went to the standard sites (liberty wreck and Suci place) plus Emerald (a wall like coral reef site) everything is super close by. Suci’s place is probably my favourite and I had a fantastic last dive there this morning

Cons: wifi and my data network didn’t reach my room (great reception nearer the beach) and there’s gaps between the door etc that probably leads to inefficient air con - personally I sleep with the dry setting usually anyways so I didn’t really notice any discomfort per se, but maybe if you need really cold rooms you might

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ourworldisbeautiful
Suci K, Owner at Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2020

Thanks a lot for your great feedback. We are very happy that you enjoyed your holidays with us.
Take care and would be nice to see you sometimes again.
Suci and TEAM

Reviewed 8 March 2020

I've stayed with The Matahari 'Crew' in Tulamben five or six times now and I will stay again. Absolutely!!
As a diver of 40 years, instructor and amateur underwater photographer it's my one stop place to go diving to enjoy and tune in before heading off somewhere else. But, that's not the only reason why I choose Matahari over other places in the area.
The accommodations on all levels are very comfortable and clean being serviced every day. Breakfast is included and also bottled water both a plus imo.
The restaurant area is right on the beach with Mt Agung to the south west with views around to The drop off and point and on those very early mornings you'll see Lombok and Mt Rinjani off in the distance which only adds to the whole experience.
The food here is I think some of the best around with excellent renditions of Balinese food that are pretty hard to beat especially in the area.
The staff in the restaurant, at the front desk and in general throughout the whole property are extremely friendly and go out of their way to help you with anything.

Room tip: This's a dive resort, non morning folk pick a room either behind a wall, in a courtyard or away from the main pathway.
Date of stay: November 2019
Suci K, Owner at Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2020

Dear Richie, thanks a lot for your really great feedback and your 5* rating. We are happy that you enjoy your time with us and we would love to welcome you sometimes again. Take care and warm greetings
Suci and the TEAM

Reviewed 29 February 2020

will come again... the dive is so good,, iam a first time diving and the dive master komang are my guide and he so patient,, he help me untill i can do the dive,, coral garden are my first dive , are a good place for a beginner, and a second dive are liberty wreack that so amazing, nice food in restaurant and friendly staff ,, and hotel room is nice is cheep price nice for indonesian treveling like me, and i so recomended this place

1  Thank dedot87
Suci K, Owner at Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2020

Thanks a lot for your great feedback and for the 5* rating :-). We are very happy that you fall in love to the amazing underwater world and they you enjoyed your holidays with us.
Would be great to see you sometimes again.
Greetings Suci and TEAM

Reviewed 28 February 2020 via mobile

We stayed there for only one night as we wanted to do some snorkelling around the area. The hotel offers a full service for this and also has a spa (and not an expensive one!) the rooms are good sized and with air conditioning! The staff is friendly and very helpful, they can book transportation if needed. Also the restaurant located in front of the sea has not only a great view but also good food for the region! Definitely a good recommendation for the area!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 105emilyanneg
Reviewed 27 February 2020

My wife and I went had a traditional Balinese massage here. It was so good that I was falling in and out of sleep throughout it. I had a Masseuse called Danni, but my wife’s lady (who’s name I don’t recall) was also great. The massage is offered In the Spa section of the Matahari hotel. They have proper massage beds which was a plus.

The cost for a 60min Balinese massage was 110k IDE. By comparison, we had some masseuses come to our hotel and give a mediocre massage - on our hotel beds - for 150k IDR. I know which one I’ll choose next time.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple