Liberty Dive Resort(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$ 48
Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$ 25
US$ 16
Agoda.com
Bali Reef Divers(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$ 24
  • Breakfast included
KajaNe Tulamben(Tulamben)
Alba Tulamben(Tulamben)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsliberty wreckdeluxe roommosquito nethot waterdiving packagerestaurant staffmola molatulamben areadiving centerearly morningbreakfast was includedgreat divingrocky beachmuck divingdididropshore
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Succi was very responsive to my emails. I started sending inquiries months before my trip and she would reply promptly. I decided to avail Package 1-A which includes 2-nights accommodation, round trip transfers, meals, Balinese spa, and 2 introductory dives. I don't usually avail tour packages and prefer DIY to save money, but this one is a great deal! I also made inquiries with other resort and dive operator and this is the cheapest I found.

The room, however, was very basic. No tv, no coffee and tea facilities, there is a small balcony though. You can request upgrade for a fee. The room was clean and the resort is well maintained. All the staff were friendly and helpful.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2018

After my stay of 2014, I went to Matahari Tulamben Resort again in 2017. And there was no disappointment at all! I found the same good service, meals, accomodation...

The main good surprise was that the resort is perfectly maintained which is quite amazing for an Indonesian resort with an Indonesian management... after more than 20 years!. I can only congratulate Suci (the owner) for the continuous care she gives to her resort and to her customers.

I wanna also emphasize on her flexibility : we were a group of 5 friends traveling to Bali with 3 different flights with 3 different arrival schedules. Because of multiple flight and schedule issues, we had to change the pick-up time and places for the transfers to and from Tulamben 3 or 4 times ; Suci always met our expectations.

I will keep remembering that resort for my next stay in Tulamben.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2018

We arrived at Matahari for our fourth visit but only had 2 nights stay before Suci - the lovely owner of the resort - had to ask us if we needed to be taken back to Denpasar to return home because Mount Agung was threatening to explode and it was unsafe to stay so close.The alternative offer was to move down to Amed just a little further away but much safer to a hotel that she would organise and continue our stay.We happily agreed to this alternative and spent the rest of our stay diving every day with her delightful group of dive masters and staff who arrived each day with tanks and equipment and still had a great time diving at sites new to us as well as some of our favorites back towards the volcano that was still threatening at times but never gave us any real trouble.Suci actually joined us on our dives each day as she is a very keen diver and excellent videographer and mostly was just one of the gang even if she is the " boss lady"
On our last dive day we pleaded to be taken back to Matahari resort to dive at our favorite sites.She agreed so we finished our trip at our special place.Wonderful!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2017

This is our second stay at Matahari in Tulamben and yet again we had a great time. We stayed in Room 9 this time which is at the front of the property. The room has been recently refurbished. The bathroom was large and the shower was powerful. The air con was quietThe only negative is the view from the window is onto a walkway and wall. This did not bother us as it actually made the room quieter and we only used the room to sleep and change. We were there for the diving.... would we go again to Matahari...you bet...booking already for 2018!!

Room Tip: Basic rooms are basic and small. Try to upgrade if you need room.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2017

We spent a few days in the resort. Then we were forced to move to Amed because of volcanic activity. The staff was very good with handling this situation. We really enjoyed the vacation and scuba diving. Many thanks to Suci and her team.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple