New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Samaya Bali Seminyak

The Samaya Bali Seminyak
Ranked #5 of 138 Hotels in Seminyak
London
“the experience of your life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

My husband and I were travelling on the first leg of our honeymoon and I must say we could not stop talking about the samaya experience all the way through to singapore and thailand. This was by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at. The personal touch is something quite rare and I would say you would not get this sort of service anywhere else. The villas are amazing and I would recommend this place to anyone in a heart beat. Thank you Samaya for the best leg of our honeymoon. The price you pay is totally worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Vidhi M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Firstly, the property is exactly how you would dream your perfect getaway to be, the staff are welcoming and attentive without being over interferring and they make sure you have everything you need and want. The view from the resturant is abslolutely spectacular and at sunset, it is one of the most romantic places I have ever been.
Secondly, the villas are highly furnished, immaculately clean, come with personal swimming pools, the bathroom was what I would want in my home, highly practical and highly stylish, the double shower heads is a really thoughtful touch.
Thirdly, the privacy the villias offer is probably one of the most important things to me, the walls around the villas are high so no one can look in, the doors are able to be locked from the inside, even with the high walls there is plenty of sun able to get into your own private courtyard and you have comfortable shaded courtyard area for when it gets too hot. You really cannot ask for better.
Lastly, you know you are a treasured guest when the manager, Ray, takes the time each day to talk to his guests, get to know them and make sure they have everything they need. I saw Ray most days, he even stopped to have a drink with us. He seems to have many returning guests who he is now personal friends with. Making this less like a hotel and more like a home from home!

Room Tip: From talking with other guests, all the rooms are superb, when the new rooms on the beach side are c...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ian G
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

I chose this hotel based on the many positive reviews, but after visiting in late June I have to say my stay was just a-okay. The hotel is currently undergoing renovation so the lobby is nonexistent and the visible construction work makes the resort look less appealing. The villas are accessed via a random alley and so you need a buggy to get to and from the beach and Breeze Restaurant area. Rooms are clean but nothing glamorous. You get no view from your room either. Service was friendly but nothing beyond what is expected of a 4-star hotel. For the price we paid for the room I'm not sure if I would recommend to anyone... maybe it will be a better hotel when the construction is finished.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank JuLu111
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

I have never written a review for Tripadvisor, although I have always appreciated finding the right information and guidance here. This is my first review because The Samaya Bali is as close to perfection as you can ever get in a relaxing, carefree, customer centric and all around beautiful environment -- it was pure Nirvana for me, my wife and my 1.5 year old baby. So I thought this experience deserved a proper review.
First of all, the joy and genuine happiness you feel coming from the staff is so refreshing. This made a world of difference for us -- every single individual who worked at Samaya Bali was authentically happy to serve you. You felt this with every interaction. I've been to many other resorts, establishments, events, etc where customer service was top notch, but here it was truly in a league of its own.
We stayed at the Royal Courtyard Villas, and our Villa was magnificent. The private pool was huge, modern, and clean, and so was the bedroom, outside private deck with lounge, and spacious bathroom - and this had a wide shower room with two shower heads, a large size (good for 2) Jacuzzi tub with floor to ceiling wood windows that overlooked the pool. So a couple of times, we took a relaxing hot Jacuzzi bath, then jumped directly into the pool from the bath tub through the wide window sill (sounds unsafe, but it was safe)! Of course there was access to the pool from the front entrance and the bedroom too.
The mini-bar contents were included in the price, and so was the Wi-Fi, 4 articles of clothing for laundry a day, and a bunch of other good stuff that you normally get gouged for in other places – all included in the price! The best part of what was included was breakfast and afternoon tea. Most days we would order in breakfast and have it in our private deck/veranda/gazebo. We ordered breakfast (as many portions as you want, anytime, even past 11 am) from their restaurant, Breeze, which is the best restaurant in all of Seminyak according to Tripadvisor. And I could not agree with this more. Not only was the breakfast diverse, international and delicious, but lunch and dinner were also sensational. The restaurant was overlooking the beach and sunset with the coolest of breeze comforting you while you eat. We had the Wagyu steak, risotto, snapper, soft shelled crabs, pasta – and every single dish we had could hold its own against any Michelin star restaurant that served the same. And that is not an exaggeration.
Back to the unparalleled customer service: there were many things we wanted that the staff did quickly and happily, and others that they did in preparation without asking. They anticipated we would need a small bed for our baby, which was there when we arrived. They offered to sterilize the baby bottles every day, which they did promptly (for free) and it was great not to worry about this! They saw how much bottled water we drank, and replaced our stock so we had 10 full bottles a day (for free). I could go on and on about how they thought of and accommodated our every need, including my asking for a late checkout due to a late flight, and since they had enough room availability, they allowed us to check out many hours past normal check out time – and without an extra fee!! Most of the time during our stay, I felt all this couldn’t be real (somebody pinch me and wake me up) since everything just worked our way and to our delightful, blissful benefit. Never have I experienced this level of perfection.
We were enjoying our stay on the premises so much that we changed most of our plans for other activities in Bali so we could just enjoy the resort. My wife and I agreed wholeheartedly that this was better than any other resort we stayed in different parts of the world that cost even more.
I’ve seen reviews here about how amazing it was to have Ray around to make sure your stay was perfect. And I was looking forward to this before we arrived in Bali, but forgot all about Ray since he was not there till our last day. He came up to us, welcomed us and apologized for not being on premises during most of our stay. But what I realized is that the entire staff is Ray, since he is what is embodied in every staff member who is so authentically happy to serve you. Or perhaps it is the collective staff who is embodied in Ray in the same manner? Either way, the end result is that we got to enjoy the most amazing holiday experience we will ever have. And yes, my goal is to be fortunate enough to experience this again and again at the Samaya Bali when our next holiday opportunity arises.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank quantumcosmos
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

The Villa was sensational. Clean and well appointed and serviced twice daily. Perfect for 2A & 2C. Kids very impressed with private pool. Great location - access to the beach was easy as was access to the shopping district of Seminyak. Meals were a standout starting with complimentary Breakfast and continuing with complimentary afternoon tea by the main pool. Friendly staff from General Manager to House Keeping. With young children safety is very important to me and I was not disappointed. Evening meals at Breezes were a standout and would hold their own against many other 'Hatted' restaurants. We will be back

Room Tip: Garden Villas may be 200-300m from the beach but are exceptionally appointed and great value. Also...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family