“Wonderful!”

Ranked #14 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Sweden
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I travelled together with my sons, 12 and 14 years old, and we had a just wonderful holiday! It was beautiful, tasteful and lovely! My boys are still talking about the pancakes. Uma Sapna is not what you call a typical resort for a family with kids, but for our family it was just perfect!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 4 September 2012

After a horror plane ride experience courtesy of Virgin airlines (5 hour delay and lost our luggage) my partner and I were extremely eager to get to our Villa (although I must say I was convinced the plane ride was only the start of a nightmare holiday and our villa was going to be nothing like the pictures and reviews I had read) but thankfully it wasn't.

The villa: Stunning. We stayed in Komodo room which has its own private pool. The room is beautiful and extremely clean as is the outdoor area. Even though there was a connecting door to the villa beside us there was still aple privacy and we had no qualms about sunbaking naked. The bathroom was really beautifully designed and extremely clean. The sheets were clean and the bed and pillows very comfy.

Location: 50/50. Whilst you are relativly close to the main street you are quite a way from the beach. It was about a 15minute walk which isnt the end of the world but when you factor in that the sun is beating down on you and the street pavment is that of a war zone it is alittle disspointing esspecially given that all the nice restaurants are up that way.
Having said that the proximity to the shops was good. You do need to wander down two seedy allys to get there but I can assure you it was very safe. No need to be scared at all (although it is very dark at night which can make for an interesting walk back). On the upside it is extremely quiet despite the chickens yapping away (although I kinda liked that).

Amenities: Now ths is where the real drawbacks begin. Befor we left my bf insisted I unpack my shampoo, conditioner, body lotion etc as they would have that stuff there. So reluctantly I took everything out. Yes they had shampoo which was fine but the conditioner was terrible so my hair felt like staw. Oddly enough they thought to supply sanitary pads, shaving kits and cotton buds but not body lotion which I would have thought was a given. Given that the sun was beating down on you all day I really missed this as my skin felt like leather. (note to self don't listen to your boyfriend).
They had two computers both with free internet at reception which was great and free dvd hire also.

Food Service: Again massive dissapointment. Breakfast was extremly limited and in the 10 days we stayed here they did not change the selction. The first day I tried the eggs banidict. This was terrible. the muffin was dry and overly sweetened and there was no sign of hollandaise except for a tiny bit of yellow thin sauce that did not look nor taste like hollandaise sauce. The eggs were overdone also.
So the next day I ordered an omlette. The wierd thing was that you couldnt order any sides with your omlette such as bacon, tomato etc. It was one or the other. Given the omlette was nice it was small and I would have appreciated if you could add to it. So the next day I ordered the eggs fried (they were nice) with bacon (1 tiny rash), tomato (1/2 small tomato), chicken sausage (which I didnt like) and potatos (which were undercooked everyday and you only recieved 3 cubes - they were pretty tasteless).
Coffee was nice as was the yogurt and fruit. Overall though breakfast killed me! having always stayed at resorts I am used to amazing buffet breakfast with an endless supply. I could have lived with this breakfast if they had changed it up each day but the fact that for 10 days straight I had pretty much the same thing and it wasn;t great this was really dissapointing to me. By the last few days I stuck to croissant, fruit and yogurt :(

Room service: Again food was very limited. No regular snack things like wedges etc and wait for it - NO COCKTAILS! this was a major let down. I have this amazing room with my own private pool and yet I couldnt even order a cocktail.
I felt the room service prices werent too bad in comparison to the resort prices but there was just nothing appealing to the menu so I never actually ordered anything.

Service: I felt the service was fantastic. Everyone was really nice and accomodating. Anni at reception was such a sweet girl and anything I asked for they helped me with: restaurant reservations, calling virgin to locate my missing luggage, international adapter (as ours was in our luggage.

All in all great place, beautiful, clean, private. The only thing dissapoint for me was the food so if you're not fussed about the food side of it then definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Graci3
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Stayed in a one bedroom villa with swimming pool for 7 nights with my wife. The Villas are very well located on Semiyak and walking distance from the main shopping and entertainment streets.
The daily breakfast served at the villa each morning is amazing and delivered on time.
My Wife tested the spa 2 times and was very satisfied with both the treatments and the service.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The only downside is that the air con is very noisy and even if we informed the staff not much could be done to make it less noisy.
Overall great experience.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

Uma Sapna is a gem in Seminyak! It is tucked away in the perfect location for anyone who wants to be close to the hip and trendy (and very noisy) neighborhood of Seminyak. The little street that Uma Sapna sits on is very small and cars can not pass through, and not many motorcycle drive through either. We originally booked our first week in Bali at Uma Sapna and the second week at the Kayana. Well we checked out of here and headed to the Kayana expecting great things, only to realize that you can't beat Uma Sapna (in terms of location and service). We spent one night there and called Uma Sapna the next morning hoping that they had a room for us to return to, and thankfully they did! We cancelled our stay at the Kayana and came straight back. It is a beautifully kept property, and great attention is paid to the details. The service that the staff provides is second to none, and we have stayed at plenty of Ritz Carltons. They are attentive, fast, efficient and kind. As soon as you ask for anything they are at your door in the blink of an eye. They listen carefully and do their best to accommodate your needs. The breakfast is lovely, clean and simply done. The Spa is wonderful as well. The Spa staff are great and know how to give a message. We tried a few places and finally realized that even the spa service can't be beat. It is small and cozy, and just right for a place like this. Also, Uma Sapna houses an art galley that is filled with works of art by local artists. It was a pleasure to walk through, as well as the chance to view in our room and through out the property.
This is hands downs my favorite place in Seminyak! We came to Bali six years ago as well and had a great experience, but this place just topped that.
Thank you Uma Sapna!!!

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
rosebud, victoria
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Very good value for money, friendly and efficient staff with nothing too much trouble, even a call for more water in the middle of the night. We were thrilled to be upgraded to an Executive pool villa for our stay, our last day we were changed to the pool villa we had booked, and had we not had the experience of the upgraded room we would have been just as happy. We did find the room service menu and breakfast not up to our standard, I would suggest heading out for breakfast, there are plenty of places close by for a freshly cooked breakfast which is what we did most of the time. Spa treatments were wonderful and very reasonably priced, and of course hassle free.
I would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple