“Beautiful wedding”
Review of Uma Sapna

Uma Sapna
Ranked #13 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We have held our wedding in June at Uma Sapna. Everything was perfect that I feel obliged to share our experience.

Ever since October last year, I have been looking for a venue for our wedding. At first I have chosen a resort in Ubud, but whenever I contacted them, they simply gave me a headache by asking me for a deposit not only for the wedding package but the accommodation FOR ALL THE GUESTS! They were not helpful at all. At that point, I started looking for something else. And I am so glad that I found Uma Sapna.

Dian from Uma Sapna has been very helpful from the beginning. We communicated by emails for months to sort out all sorts of arrangements. The accommodation arrangements of our guests changed all the time, but Dian was so patient with me. She kept sending me updated documents basing on our requests.

3 weeks before our wedding, Dian sent us a very detailed wedding rundown. I was amazed by their thoughtfulness. They have considered every little detail which I haven’t even thought about before.

Makeup - On the day of arrival, they offered airport pickup service free of charge. We proceeded with the makeup and hair trial soon afterwards. Uma Sapna has arranged a great makeup artist for me. The makeup looked great and natural, and she tried a few hair styles with me. I didn’t bring any headpiece with me, so she suggested to use fresh flowers on my hair. It proved to be fabulous. On our wedding day, she was so kind to help me out with my gown and everything when our photographer was taking pictures of me in the villa.

Food – On the day before our wedding, we had a food tasting section. Since we were not familiar with Indonesian cuisine, there were a few dishes that we didn’t fancy. We asked the chef to switch them to some other dishes on the list, and they agreed right away. We were very pleased with the food for the wedding dinner. We also met up with Lia from Uma Sapna, who explained the rundown to us in detail.

Venue – Our wedding was not very big, with only 24 guests. I think Uma Sapna’s size was ideal for it. Their layout made it so easy for everybody to fetch one another. It felt nice and fun that almost the whole resort was occupied by us. Our wedding ceremony and dinner was held in the courtyard. I had chosen a purple theme for our wedding. The decoration was lovely and romantic, exceeding my expectations. To my surprise, they have even converted Kendra Gallery just because of our wedding, in order to provide some indoor shade for our guests in case it was too hot (our wedding started at 3pm).

Wedding ceremony – Our wedding went very well, except the fact that I did some stupid things such as putting the ring on my husband’s right hand… After the ceremony, we planned to head to the beach to take some shots. Just as we tried to get in our photographer’s car, a driver from Uma Sapna told us he was ready to take us around. It is this kind of thoughtfulness that touches me!

Wedding dinner – Once again, the setting was great. And all our guests love their cute little name tags on the table. The food was lovely.

Staff – They are all very nice and friendly. Whenever they saw us, they would greet us with a big smile. The receptionists were especially helpful. They have helped us to make restaurant reservations and contact our tour guide many times. They would also try their best to meet whatever request we had. One night, we asked for a torch because we decided to head for a small alley. The receptionist ran around, trying to find us one (the torches were locked in the accountant’s room but the accountant has gone home already). At the end, he was resourceful to lend us a big emergency lamp.

Villa – We stayed in the executive villa for one night, afterwards they upgraded us to the deluxe villa Nias for the rest of our stay (another great surprise!). I love the space in Nias. We could cozily gather with our friends for a drink around the big table or on the couch.

I love my stay at Uma Sapna. Will definitely go back.

1  Thank Yvonne C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Uma Sapna would have to be one of the nicest places I have ever stayed in. The price of $220 USD was very reasonable considering we had a private pool with sunloungers and deck and breakfast included.

The service was great and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Their massages are fantastic also and they will come to you in your villa if that's your preference.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Stayed in their villa with private pool and got upgrade to a even large villa. Excellent service staff. The room was large and clean. Highly recommended for all traveling to Seminyak

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed in mid June with my wife for our honeymoon. Upon check-in, we were greeted by a very friendly staff and were told that our room was upgraded to the Executive Villa (Alor)! They took our luggage and showed us the way to the villa which is situated at some distance but beautiful scenery along the way makes it very pleasant.

Villa is secluded, very clean and nicely decorated. Swimming pool is good enough for a lap and in-house breakfast is served by the pool at the time requested.

Staffs are very helpful. Location is good, away from the hustle and bustle with only 15 minutes walk to the street-food or 10 minutes drive to the Seminyak Beach / Ku De Ta. Great place to stay, will definitely come again!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

We arrived for our week stay in the one bedroom executive villas and were relieved that the villas lived up to our expectations from the website (not always the case). The villas were huge and very clean, with staff visiting numerous times to make sure we had everything we needed. Breakfast served by the pool was lovely. The location is brilliant, a two minute walk to the main street, but far enough away for it to be very quiet. An absolute oasis and I would definitely recommend it to all!

Room Tip: I recommend paying a bit more for the executive villas as the pool is much bigger. We stayed in Flor...