Stayed here for 3 days after staying at 3 other locations around Bali, and although I made three phenomenal picks, all with fantastic people and service, the staff at Icon were even more amazing! They were so gracious and amazingly helpful --even the tiniest of asks were responded to with eagerness and such warm hospitality!
Accommodations were nice and spacious. Especially nice for families with older kids because of the separation. You can't beat the value of this place in terms of quality and cost.
The downside to this place is location if you want to spend time at the beach. Some reviewers say you can easily walk to the beach in 20 minutes but that's just not realistic. When we went in September, it was stiflingly hot and combine that with the ultra narrow streets and traffic--it's not practical to walk, especially with kids. Now Icon does offer car service and they can easily drive you there, but it's just not as convenient as staying someplace in the beach. (You still need to get your own transport back). The main part of Seminyak is located in same area as beach, so same comments apply.
That said, if being near the Seminyak hub of activity isn't important to you, the Icon might be perfect for you.
- The breakfast spread and high tea are amazing and it's so nice to have it brought to your villa. It's included in your stay so adds so much value!
- Bottled water provided and free
- Refrigerator cones stocked with small supply of sodas and Bin Tangs, also free, just no restocking
- Car service offered free as available -- so nice and convenient. We never had prob with availability as they have multiple cars and can drop you at beach, shopping area or airport
- you can also use Uber to get around. We would use car service to get places then Uber back from main part if Seminyak for about US$2.50
- Since we missed being at the beach, we went to another hotel on a day pass, depending on where you go, you can use facilities for US$12/person or free if you have lunch and buy drinks there
- Landry is super cheap and convenient here, about US$1.25 for a pair of shorts or Tshirt, same day turn in before 10 am
- There is a street of stores and restaurants that is walkable within 5 minutes, we had dinner at Bo Bun and Fat Gajah, and they were fantastic (see my reviews). Good, safe food and drink for about US $60 for my family of 5. Was really nice to have these great restaurants close by. I also saw signs for laundry on this street but we did not use as Icons service was so low priced and convenient)
- Icon is about s 45 min drive from airport, a short distance really but traffic is so bad the travel times are much longer than you'd expect
- We stayed in Ubud prior to coming here, we called Icon and asked them to arrange for car to pick us up and bring us there, cost was about US$60 for this transfer
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrating the laid-back vibe and island charm of Bali, SEMINYAK ICON is a stylish all villa retreat designed to anticipate your desires as a modern traveller. Each villa embodies the spirit of tropical living, cocooned within the walls of a Balinese inspired compound featuring a private swimming pool, relaxing daybed facilities, essential home comforts, native greenery and all the personal touches that really count. Strategically located in Seminyak, the villa compounds arranged like a small village where there is a true sense of belonging. SEMINYAK ICON is within easy walking distance to a host of popular restaurants, famous local eatery and fashionable boutiques. Vibrant nightlife venues are just a quick ride away with our complimentary drop-off service, so too is a long stretch of sunset beach for leisure-filled days spent soaking up Bali's carefree surf culture. Hospitality at SEMINYAK ICON is warm and welcoming in a way that is uniquely Balinese. With a friendly team on duty around the clock, nothing is ever too much trouble. SEMINYAK ICON is another exclusive collection of Karaniya Experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Seminyak Icon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seminyak Icon Bali