There are just not enough words in the English or Balinese dictionaries to fully capture the greatness of Sienna Villas and its staff.
I had the utmost pleasure and blessing to stay at Sienna Villas with 5 family members from June 29th to July 6th, 2012. 3 of us are from NJ (tristate area). I mention this only b/c reviews from people in the New York city area tend to be brutally honest and accurate so please take this review to it's core. Also, although I haven't reviewed nearly a third of my trips on TripAdvisor, before you continue reading, you should know that I am an AVID traveler both in and outside the US. I have stayed MANY places so I have a lot to compare to. My 2 sisters who were also on this trip have travelled even more extensively than I have and we all concur with how wonderful Sienna Villas is.
Even BEFORE the trip started, the guest relations team comprised of Made, Wayan, and Putu, spared every single effort with all the emails we had. EVERY question was answered and EVERY concern was put to bed. THIS alone made me feel "at home" and "taken care of."
As I said, there were 6 of us. We arrived in 3 bundles. Their private car service picked up each bundle. The second arrival, unfortunately, had to take a cab from the airport as the Sienna Villas driver got a flat tire =( . Sienna Villas reimbursed the 2nd group as soon as they arrived. One of my sisters arrived alone late at night. One of the security guards picked her up and safely saw her to our door!
Upon arrival to the villa (Villa number 2) my jaw dropped! DROPPED!!! The view is amazing as you walk in and see the open air villa with the pool view. All three bedrooms are upstairs.
To spare you from hundreds of paragraphs, please see bullet points to some of the highlights:
**great common spaces
**bedrooms are extremely spacious, each with its own bathroom (master has its own tub as well)
**additionally, there is an equally large guest bathroom downstairs which is great for using so you don't trek water upstairs if you are coming from the pool
**breakfast is cooked in villa every morning
**housekeeping and grounds/maintenance come everyday
**security is there 24 hours a day and also very helpful when guest relations has left for the evening
**they come every evening to spray for mosquitoes
**EVERY need, EVERY question, EVERY concern is addressed quickly and with a smile!!!!
**EVERY staff member (who we can now consider part of our family) is so kind and genuine
**the villa is CLEAN!!! Now, rest assured, you WILL have the natural inhabitants of mosquitos and ants, but remember, you are in THEIR territory so it shouldn't really gross you out. With that being said, the staff does take every measure to keep the mosquitos at bay.
**every bedroom is met with a nice little surprise upon arrival and you will also be met with a cool drink and a towel to refresh
**2 of us celebrated our birthday and they also, so kindly, gave us something special
**if you order to have any of their dinners cooked in your villa then you should know that each menu requires a minimum of 4 people and if you need to tweek it, please ask to see what, if anything, can be done. We had a cake and babi guling (you'll learn what that is if you are interested enough when you get there) added and they took care of acquring those things from outside sources and just added it to the bill ... THESE DINNERS, by the way, ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
1) keep food refigerated as ants are there anyway (not an army, but is in an open villa), but keeping food out will invite more of them to stick around.
2) when we were there the sun moved VERY VERY quickly so watch where the sun goes and move your postiion accordingly if you are concerned about getting a tan.
3) it may look like you are going down a dirt road once you make the turn off of the main road, but it is technically a side road/alley. it isn't dangerously busy, but you will get traffic so just take care when you are taking that very short walk from the villa to the main road
4) Cafe Seminyak is next door to the right and VERY affordable. You can get fries, a coke, and a 2 tier burger for about $6 USD. That is just an example. There are many different types of food there that are also very affordable.
5) Bintang supermarket is right next door to Cafe Seminyak and attached to Bintang is a trusty money changer. You can also trust ANY money changing place that is called Central Kuta. These locations will give the best exchange.
6) It takes some skill to cross the road so be careful. Scooters are their main form of transportation and you will often see an entire family on one scooter. Don't be alarmed. They drive fast, but as long as you are careful and respect THEIR patterns then you should be fine.
7) You will notice that many foods are less there than in the US (NY/LA area). However, you will see some anomolies like the price of grapes and chocolates. Also, don't waste money on places like ColdStone or Baskin Robbins. You will find yourself paying much MORE than you would at home for much less of a serving.
8) If you eat out you will see at 10% "tax" and an additonal 5% service fee. This service fee is split amongst EVERY person who works in the restaurant. So it doesn't really add up to much, if anything at all. You will also see this if you have spa services done (which I recommend b/c they are soooooooooooo cheap -- email me if you want names of a couple of specific places)
9) Take the time to learn about how the Balinese name their children. It is very interesting. I am very proud to now call myself Made.
Just a note from me: Although tipping is optional in Bali, I highly recommend you tip to show your appreciaton. I come from America so tipping, although "optional" is expected. The Balinese people are sooooo NOT like Americans and we don't want their culture to adapt some of our bad "expectant" habits so the amount you tip and whether you tip or not, is obviously up to you. However, I cannot imagine you could leave this place and NOT want to further show your appreciation by giving a little something extra. The groups we tipped included: guest relations, security, grounds/maintenance (engineering), breakfast staff, housekeeping. (this is basically every group that is there)
If you have an in-villa dinner then you might want to tip those chefs in hand that evening.
Outside of the villa, if you want to tip wait staff, even Rp 20000 (which right now is just over $2 USD) on a meal that is even Rp 250000 makes a HUGE difference for that server.
Sienna Villas is AMAZING and HOME. We all plan on returning in 2 years. The only other thing I can say is GET OVER THERE ASAP!!!!! You will NOT be disappointed.
If you have any questions about things to see/do, please email me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sienna Villas offers four 3 bedroom villas and our signature 4 bedroom villa Puri Sienna. All of our villas have air conditioned king size bedrooms with private en-suites, each has it's own private pool and the Puri Sienna villa boasts 2 pools. Conveniently located 100 meters from the main shopping and restaurant street of Seminyak, Sienna Villas offers a peaceful oasis for their guests in the heart of Seminyak. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Sienna Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sienna Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Sienna Villas Bali/Seminyak