“No words!!!”

Ranked #36 of 415 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
NJ
“No words!!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

There are just not enough words in the English or Balinese dictionaries to fully capture the greatness of Sienna Villas and its staff.

I had the utmost pleasure and blessing to stay at Sienna Villas with 5 family members from June 29th to July 6th, 2012. 3 of us are from NJ (tristate area). I mention this only b/c reviews from people in the New York city area tend to be brutally honest and accurate so please take this review to it's core. Also, although I haven't reviewed nearly a third of my trips on TripAdvisor, before you continue reading, you should know that I am an AVID traveler both in and outside the US. I have stayed MANY places so I have a lot to compare to. My 2 sisters who were also on this trip have travelled even more extensively than I have and we all concur with how wonderful Sienna Villas is.

Even BEFORE the trip started, the guest relations team comprised of Made, Wayan, and Putu, spared every single effort with all the emails we had. EVERY question was answered and EVERY concern was put to bed. THIS alone made me feel "at home" and "taken care of."

As I said, there were 6 of us. We arrived in 3 bundles. Their private car service picked up each bundle. The second arrival, unfortunately, had to take a cab from the airport as the Sienna Villas driver got a flat tire =( . Sienna Villas reimbursed the 2nd group as soon as they arrived. One of my sisters arrived alone late at night. One of the security guards picked her up and safely saw her to our door!

Upon arrival to the villa (Villa number 2) my jaw dropped! DROPPED!!! The view is amazing as you walk in and see the open air villa with the pool view. All three bedrooms are upstairs.

To spare you from hundreds of paragraphs, please see bullet points to some of the highlights:
**HUGE villa
**great common spaces
**bedrooms are extremely spacious, each with its own bathroom (master has its own tub as well)
**additionally, there is an equally large guest bathroom downstairs which is great for using so you don't trek water upstairs if you are coming from the pool
**breakfast is cooked in villa every morning
**housekeeping and grounds/maintenance come everyday
**security is there 24 hours a day and also very helpful when guest relations has left for the evening
**they come every evening to spray for mosquitoes
**EVERY need, EVERY question, EVERY concern is addressed quickly and with a smile!!!!
**EVERY staff member (who we can now consider part of our family) is so kind and genuine
**the villa is CLEAN!!! Now, rest assured, you WILL have the natural inhabitants of mosquitos and ants, but remember, you are in THEIR territory so it shouldn't really gross you out. With that being said, the staff does take every measure to keep the mosquitos at bay.
**every bedroom is met with a nice little surprise upon arrival and you will also be met with a cool drink and a towel to refresh
**2 of us celebrated our birthday and they also, so kindly, gave us something special
**if you order to have any of their dinners cooked in your villa then you should know that each menu requires a minimum of 4 people and if you need to tweek it, please ask to see what, if anything, can be done. We had a cake and babi guling (you'll learn what that is if you are interested enough when you get there) added and they took care of acquring those things from outside sources and just added it to the bill ... THESE DINNERS, by the way, ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
1) keep food refigerated as ants are there anyway (not an army, but is in an open villa), but keeping food out will invite more of them to stick around.

2) when we were there the sun moved VERY VERY quickly so watch where the sun goes and move your postiion accordingly if you are concerned about getting a tan.

3) it may look like you are going down a dirt road once you make the turn off of the main road, but it is technically a side road/alley. it isn't dangerously busy, but you will get traffic so just take care when you are taking that very short walk from the villa to the main road

4) Cafe Seminyak is next door to the right and VERY affordable. You can get fries, a coke, and a 2 tier burger for about $6 USD. That is just an example. There are many different types of food there that are also very affordable.

5) Bintang supermarket is right next door to Cafe Seminyak and attached to Bintang is a trusty money changer. You can also trust ANY money changing place that is called Central Kuta. These locations will give the best exchange.

6) It takes some skill to cross the road so be careful. Scooters are their main form of transportation and you will often see an entire family on one scooter. Don't be alarmed. They drive fast, but as long as you are careful and respect THEIR patterns then you should be fine.

7) You will notice that many foods are less there than in the US (NY/LA area). However, you will see some anomolies like the price of grapes and chocolates. Also, don't waste money on places like ColdStone or Baskin Robbins. You will find yourself paying much MORE than you would at home for much less of a serving.

8) If you eat out you will see at 10% "tax" and an additonal 5% service fee. This service fee is split amongst EVERY person who works in the restaurant. So it doesn't really add up to much, if anything at all. You will also see this if you have spa services done (which I recommend b/c they are soooooooooooo cheap -- email me if you want names of a couple of specific places)

9) Take the time to learn about how the Balinese name their children. It is very interesting. I am very proud to now call myself Made.

Just a note from me: Although tipping is optional in Bali, I highly recommend you tip to show your appreciaton. I come from America so tipping, although "optional" is expected. The Balinese people are sooooo NOT like Americans and we don't want their culture to adapt some of our bad "expectant" habits so the amount you tip and whether you tip or not, is obviously up to you. However, I cannot imagine you could leave this place and NOT want to further show your appreciation by giving a little something extra. The groups we tipped included: guest relations, security, grounds/maintenance (engineering), breakfast staff, housekeeping. (this is basically every group that is there)
If you have an in-villa dinner then you might want to tip those chefs in hand that evening.
Outside of the villa, if you want to tip wait staff, even Rp 20000 (which right now is just over $2 USD) on a meal that is even Rp 250000 makes a HUGE difference for that server.

Sienna Villas is AMAZING and HOME. We all plan on returning in 2 years. The only other thing I can say is GET OVER THERE ASAP!!!!! You will NOT be disappointed.

If you have any questions about things to see/do, please email me.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank LOVE2travel33
Sienna V, Manager at Sienna Villas, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you "Made" so much for taking your time out after returning home to write such a comprehensive review of our villas and the surrounding area here in Bali, I'm sure travelers reading this review will be extremely happy with the local knowledge you have passed on to them here. All of us at Sienna Villas were very happy that we were able to make your stay with us such a pleasurable and memorable one and we are always willing to assist in anyway possible to make your holiday just that extra bit special. Every department was so excited to read the wonderful thank you notes you all wrote to them and were very happy they had a part in enhancing your Bali Experience. We were so sad to see you all leave and we look forward to your return when you next venture over to Bali. Terima Kasih
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My family (husband, sister, and cousins) and I from California and New Jersey met up in Bali and booked a 3 bedroom villa. My cousin and I celebrated our birthday in Bali and choosing to stay at Sienna Villa's was the perfect choice. Even before we set foot in Bali, the staff at Sienna was already so helpful by promptly and thoroughly answering our questions via email. When we finally arrived at Sienna and met the staff in person we knew straight away we booked at the right place.

Made greeted us and made sure we got to our Villa. Made, Wayan and Putu were there throughout our stay to answer questions and help us. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE made us feel so comfortable. The grounds were gorgeous and our rooms perfect. The beds and pillows were so comfy - I wanted to bring some home with me! Every day the staff came to maintain the villa and the pool. The pool was refreshing all times of the day especially when the sun hit the pool area. Very very nice that the pool was our own private pool.

Breakfast was always delicious and each of us was able to choose what we wanted each day. For our birthday we decided to have dinner prepared for us. This was an excellent choice because our Chefs (Kutut and Nyoman) prepared us one of the best dinners ever! We were able to add on and tailor the menu, all we had to was ask! All you have to do is ask and they will let you know if your request is possible or not (100% of the time our requests were possible).

Some of us wanted just to stay in and relax in the quiet villa space. Some of us wanted to venture out. We wanted to do some sight seeing and there were many brochures that offered day and half trips so of course we inquired with the guest services and Wayan was able to contact their driver to tailor our trip. Noyman, our driver, was awesome! He brought us around to the places we wanted to see and even gave us little lessons about Balinese culture and the language (terima kasi/suksoma!!!).

The villa's are also conveniently located right around the corner from Cafe Seminyak (yummy food), Bintang (popular market for almost anything), money changer, post office, liquor store etc. So you can't go wrong if you need to walk real quickly to pick something up! Security is provided and they check who goes in and out of the Villa area.

We will definitely be back and we are planning on reserving the Puri Sienna Villa (the 4 bedroom villa). We wanted to tour that villa, but there were guests already staying there so we were unable to. That's okay because we'll be coming back and that's where we will be staying! =)

Thank you for making our week and our birthday very memorable! You all are truly special! If you are considering staying here, don't hesitate to ask the questions you have. The staff will definitely take care of you! Made, Wayan, and Putu are the ladies you will want to reach. Terima kasi/suksoma!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ellscee
, Manager at Sienna Villas, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
The management of staff of Sienna villas would like to thank you and your family so much for staying with us for your Bali holiday, we are all so glad you enjoyed experience at Sienna Villas and that it felt like paradise for you all. We always pride ourselves on our personalized service to all of our guests which was proven by your extensive comments in your review. We look forward to greeting you when next you return to Bali. Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write such detailed review of our villas and the surrounding area for other travelers to read about the wonders of Bali and have passed your comments on to the other retailers you have mentioned for their information.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My girlfriends and I stayed in the 3br villa just recently and had an amazing time. The front office ladies were amazing, ensuring any requests we had, were taken care of. Breakfast was cooked for us each morning making us feel thoroughly spoilt along with plenty of choices from the menu to order in if we didnt feel like venturing out. Sienna's location made it very handy to access the Bintang Supermarket nextdoor and ATM's. Made & Wayan - THANK YOU BOTH for looking after us and making our Bali break very enjoyable - we will return!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diz0906
, Manager at Sienna Villas, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Thank you for spending your valuable time to mention us in a review here. All of the front office girls and the rest of our staff members are so happy that you had such a wonderful Bali Experience with us and that your holiday in Bali will always be a memorable one. All of us at Sienna Villas look forward to when you make your way back to stay with us again in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Sienna Villa's is where my now husband and I were married. We stayed in the Puri Villa with our siblings and their partners and were married in the grounds of the villa on May 12th 2012 with our family and close friends watching on. Words cannot express how amazing our wedding day was. The villa was absolutely beautiful.

Made and Demi were so helpful and we can't thank them enough for making our stay and wedding so special.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Sienna Villas, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
We are all so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and your special day was such a memorable one. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Bali and wish you both many happy years together.
Melbourne
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed in a 3 bedroom villa with two other couples to attend our friends' wedding for 5 nights in May 2012. From the moment we checked in, the service was amazing. The villa was lovely and well maintained with all the creature comforts. Breakfast was cooked for us each morning in the villa, and our menu preferences were requested daily. Made did such a wonderful job of looking after us and nothing was too much trouble. Staff can bring takeaway food to you if you don't feel like leaving the villa. Our friends with kids were delighted the staff could add a pool fence and provide on-site babysitting for a very reasonable price. The wedding was held in the 4 bedroom villa, and was beautiful. Sienna Villas is located just off the busy main street and is close to the supermarket and pharmacy, which was a blessing for Bali Belly supplies. (For anyone prone to this I would take buscopan, gastro stop and hydralyte with you!) I would recommend Sienna Villas for some quiet luxury with fantastic Balinese service.

Room Tip: The larger room in the 3 bedroom villa has a bath.