Stayed here or 7 nights early February. First impressions were fab! It was our first trip to Bali so we were rather apprehensive as we don't usually pick anywhere busy and chaotic. We were met at the airport by an extremely welcoming member of staff who directed us to the private car. Was an excellent drive to The Villas as he took the back roads so we were not stuck in the horrendous traffic around Denpasar and Kuta. Only took around 25 minutes. We were met at reception with a lovely glass of chilled juice each, and within minutes taken to our villa. We were in The Sunset Villas which is ot near the main reception so had to go by car to this seperate complex. It is down a couple of very narrow alleyways and was quite a shock at first. Being our first time here it took us a couple of days to get used to walking down the back alleys, especially in the dark. Also the Bluebird taxi's had trouble finding it sometimes, so make sure you always give them the business card which is in your villa compendium. It is approximately a 20-25 minute walk to The Prana Restaurant and Spa from here, you have to walk around the block along the main streets, there is no short cut. The villas are newer than the originals and are absolutely stunning and so private. The area is also very quiet and you can hear non of the chaos from the busy roads. You can actually holiday here without leaving your villa and if you want to visit the restaurant, spa or Chill Refloxology you can order a driver to shuttle you there. We did this once to get back to our villa as it were too hot and tired to walk back, we had been out exploring the area (got lost) and came across The Villas and Prana Spa so thought yay hop into reception and ask for a driver to take us back. We had our breakfasts cooked in our villa every morning, this was such a treat (favourite part of the day)and you are not made to feel pretentious or snobby as we thought might have been. The staff were so friendly and genuinely wanted to please you and make your stay perfect in every way. The pool was fantastic, gorgeous temperature, gardens well kept. Didn't have a problem with mozzies as they de fog every week and spray at turn down every night. It is a short taxi ride to the fab restaurants around about about. We loved Nirvana and La Lucciola best. We are still not too sure about Bali, it is ever so busy, and we went at the quiet time of year. There is alot of poverty around, but it is a developing country so we did expect this. The infastructure needs a big overhaul especially regarding refuse collection. You can miss all this by hiring a driver for the day and going south to Ulawatu or up into the mountains, we didn't have time to do a lot of sight seeing as it was more a R & R holiday but now know where we want to see next time we are there. One word of advise do not fill in any questionaires whilst out and about, they are time share touts and harass you for days after by phoning your villa to try and get you to go out with them for the day.
To round it off I don't think you would find a nicer place to stay in Seminyak, the team at The Villas are to be commended for their attention to detail and service. We would not hesitate to recommend you stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive accommodation offers privacy and luxury with all the conveniences of a full service hotel. Every one, two or three bedroom Villa has its own private swimming pool. We're located in the heart of Seminyak, one of Bali's trendiest areas; walking distance to dozens of fabulous restaurants and shops, yet once within The Villas grounds that has 24 hour security, it is extremely quiet and private. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Villas Bali Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas Bali Hotel And Spa
- The Villas Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Hotel Bali
- The Villas Bali Hotel & Spa Seminyak