The Banyan Estate lives up to its expectation and then delivers more!
Yonkgy was great at answering all my questions leading up to arrival.
The house is as it suggests in the photos, its spacious, the grounds are lush with wonderful plants and trees, the pool is a great size too.
Then there is the car that come with the house and our driver Charlie. The car itself is super comfortable and cool and spacious and Charlie is a great guide.
The Ladies that cook and clean, i'm sorry but I have no idea how to spell their names ( Dayu , Wayan ? ) are an incredible asset to the villa and really made our stay so incredibly enjoyable. The food is fresh, home made with love and on time. We eat a lot of extra meals at the villa and everything was delicious and made with care. We had children so had lots of requirements and never felt like we were making any trouble.
Basically i wish we could come back every year, but realistically it will be a few before we come again, but we will be back !
The staff is very efficient with keeping the rooms clean and will promptly satisfy requests for massages. Property needs to be renovated as outdoor sofas and fans are in dire need of being replaced. There is a musty smell in the two outdoor rooms and lighting is poor at best. Overall ambience is very welcoming if you just plan to stay at the villa as it is not near any beach or the shopping area. Owner has conveyed that the property will be renovated in April so it should be good after that major renovation.
if you just plan to stay at the villa with no
Our week long stay has been perfect! We don't want to leave!
• housekeeping maintained clean & tidy grounds and rooms with multiple visits daily
• beautiful pool with sufficient sun and shade
• in house massages in our hut were excellent and affordable
• our daily breakfast were yum and the cooks happy to shop and make additional meals at our request without any trouble, which were absolutely delicious (traditional Balinese chicken curry and homemade lasagne were our favourites) there were plenty of leftovers that we enjoyed the following day. They even went shopping for us for a cocktail evening and washed and presented the fruit and herbs for us
• Charlie our driver was always available and ready on time. His suggestions for our day trips were helpful and he was fun company. Nothing was ever too much trouble, even waiting around for us at some locations
• housekeeping was immaculate and beds arranged for day/night. Laundry service was efficient with washing and ironing and delivered following morning
• any repairs were fixed promptly (eg tv in main area had no power but was immediately attended to)
• for my mother's first trip to Bali it was important to me she felt safe and comfortable and having our own security guards (also helpful in communicating with other staff to attend to our needs) as well as a location out of the hustle and bustle was perfect. Yet close enough to shops and restaurants for when we wanted to venture out and explore or shop
• all staff happy to help with bookings for restaurants and activities as needed
• the owner was easy to contact and the process of booking was seamless
Would definately recommend this villa if you're looking for your own privacy to relax and unwind.
Great villa but is badly in need of a good clean and refurbish,the couches are really dirty and have cigarette burns, the covers on the pool lounges are all splitting,the bath mats are thread bear.Very time we wanted the driver he was no where to be found and he needs to clean the car! We asked him to wait for us one day when we were shopping and then couldn't find him anywhere.The staff are okay but they need to learn that it is okay to smile! not that friendly.with a good overhaul this could go from average to great.
Amazing villa with relaxed atmosphere. Friendly staff that really go out of their way for you. Would highly recommend staying there