“Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 137 Hotels in Seminyak
Bunbury, Australia
“Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed at Macca Villas for 2 weeks for our honeymoon in November 2011 and we could not be happier with our choice. The room was to die for and the privacy was second to none. Everything was spotless at all times, the decor was calming, the facilities were delightful, the food and service was fabulous and the people were friendly friendly friendly. The staff went out of their way at anytime of the day to assist with any request, this personalised service added another element of class to the establishment. The resturaunt cuisine was divine and the atmosphere around the pool while sipping on cocktails was soothing and relaxed with brilliant water features and lovely plant life to enhance the scenery. We loved every minute of our stay and would like to thank Macca Villas very much for making our honeymoon experience much more amazing than we ever dreamed of. Ange & Lee

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Maca villas are seriously gorgeous and are exactly like the photos. We were a little nervous after booking as the villas were so new and had very few reviews, but after a 4 night stay, would highly recommend the villas. The villas are maintained to perfection, the staff are super friendly and happy to help, the little things (like fruit mince pies at turndown service) make a big difference, breakfast was great, excellent coffee, manager makes himself known and is around daily to ask how things are. Food in the restaurant / room service was also very nice. Although the location is not in the 'heart' of Seminyak shopping this is one of the great things about it, and it is only mins away by taxi plus it is also in the middle of the best restaurants in town and just around the corner from W Hotel. About 500m to Sarong so still in a great spot in town. Only minor thing which could be improved is the avail of cars for drop off as avail is totally random. We will def be back. Thanks for a wonderful stay Maca staff! Oh, tip for getting back by taxi, say it is near Villa Lumbung and the drivers will almost def know the way.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

I am a regular Bali traveller and have stayed in many villas over the years. Macc is right up there with the best. No not a beach location but intimate, gorgeous villas, great food, proactive GM and sales team and the best soy latte on the planet. You can walk to Metis and Sardine (2 fine restaurants) and even Potato Head should you desire. A real find when there is so much on offer in seminyak. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ChandlerSydney
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

I travel to Bali almost every other year and through some recommendations, I decided to stay at Maca. It's a lot smaller but there were several things that made my trip this round the best yet for me:)

The service was impeccable! The butlers and staff were extremely helpful and friendly and really took care of all of our needs. Most of them go the 2nd mile to help make our trip the best it could be...

My friends and I shared a single deluxe with the mini pavilion at the end of the pool. The rooms were bright and clean with one spacious bathroom and lovely decors with great Bose sound docking for us to jam at night. It was like having my own bachelor pad...

I love coffee and so when Maca surprised me with Ippolito, it made my stay even more worthwhile. The quality of the coffee is just exceptional, especially given that they have their own roasters on-site...great chill place for my friends and I late in the afternoon.

Most of the time, I would avoid eating at the hotel Im staying in...but the unique interiors of Mase drew my friend to check it out on our 3rd night. and to my surprise the food was quite amazing...the place was sophisticated, but not pretentious at the same time--great place to be at with the mini living room setting in the middle.

We are definitely coming back to MACA for our next trip! Thank you!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julia T
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

Maca Villas is the new kid on the Seminyak block and it makes a bold statement with its clean lines, light-filled interiors and modern trappings. The villas are on the small side but are well furnished with bose docking stations and elegant furniture. The sliding glass doors are brilliant and promote a lovely balance between natural and artificial light. They are also superbly insulated – we didn’t even hear our neighbours.

Our biggest regret was the loss of my newborn’s sleeping attire. It was a womby suit which keeps bub snug and tight at night and is critical for a good night’s sleep. It was placed on the bed before going out to lunch, and was missing when we returned. We assume the cleaners either stole it or mistook it for trash and disposed of it. Either way, their behaviour was deplorable. We were assured by the (overly unctuous) manager that she would investigate and get back to us but it’s been 2 weeks and we’ve heard nothing from her. Thank you very much!

Another dissapointment is the shuttle service. It runs only at 10, 12 and 6 and then only within the Seminyak area. With the money guests pay for accommodation, I’d have thought a courtesy vehicle on demand would be more in-keeping with the bespoke and patrician corner of the market Maca Villas is trying to woe.

All in all, I wouldn’t stay here again. It’s over valued and you get better service else where. Try Bali Island Villas – it is just around the corner and sets the standard for Seminyak’s crowded mid-range pool villa market!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lunarboogie
Thomas W, General Manager at Maca Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 3 December 2011
Dear valued guest,
Reading your comment on Trip advisor this morning made me feel frustrated and sad the same time. At the time this unfortunate incident happen I was on a business trip in Europe and the manager who was talking to you informed me immediately. This very moment I have send an email to you but without success. We tried many times after that to resend that email. We tried many variations of your address but always without success. We just could not read the handwriting in our registration form. Also you did not write your address and so I could not contact you.
Please believe me, I take that incident very serious and when I say I was frustrated and sad learning of that , it comes from my heart . We tried to investigate and we played many scenarios how this could happen, but we could not come to any conclusion. I do believe the Pajama went in the laundry and it was send out to wash. On the way to that location the Pajama was lost. Here at Maca we have a young team working and I would cut of my right hand if anyone of them would be a thief.
Anyway I can’t replace that so loved Pajama of your baby, but I can replace it with a new one which hopefully your baby will love as well with times to come.
Also i would love to invite you to stay at Maca Villas again on your next Bali trip and I will take care of you personally. Please let me have your email or address to forward you a little something to ease your frustration.
With my best regards