“The W experience”
Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #18 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed with some friends for 8 days in february. The weather was really pleasant not too hot with showers sometimes that you barely notice.
We had a lovely time the W experience is an all senses experience ; I loved the music underwater in the swimming pool.....
From first to last day I continued discovering new things...in food, rooms, lobby, swimming pool, beach and especially decoration.....
The staff is very nice real smiles.
Just perfect

Room Tip: We stayed at the villa with one bed room and we had our private pool very nice for night baths...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anissajoulakj
W_Bali_Seminyak, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Hello Annissajoulakj,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It sounds like you enjoyed your holiday. What is nice about the property is that you will discover new things all the time. Though I personally know every inch of the place, I do find myself pleasantly surprised once in a while! You will have to make time to come back again. We would love to have you return!

Craig Seaward

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I had so been looking forward to a few days here - I hadn't been to Bali for many years and I love both the ocean and the W hotels - have stayed in the W in New York for New Years Eve and what could be better than the W on a beach.
Wrong.
There were many negatives and perhaps some of them belong to me.
One of the reasons I love New York is that I can walk out the front door and within seconds, I have a choice of hundreds of things to do in any direction - it is all there in front of me.
In Seminyak, the driveway itself is hundreds of metres long on cobble stones so you would tend to avoid it.
When we got to our room, you could see the beach but it was hundreds of metres away.
When I finally headed towards the beach I was warned that it was not suitable for swimming - that immediately was a total turnoff.
If I opened the room's balcony doors, we were immediately confronted by loud disco music.
The hotel must be a considered decision - if you are looking for a hip young exciting New York style hotel where you listen to DJ's playing music and spend the day and night drinking cocktails, then it is probably idyllic.
If perhaps you are older, looking for a quiet few days relaxing and swimming on the beach then I would suggest looking for a beach that allows you to do that.
Again my problem but I grew up in Melbourne where music meant listening to musicians themselves with some passion and emotion not DJ's playing tapes of some other creative people.
There is nothing wrong with the garden villas themselves, they are large and comfortable but at no stage do you either believe you are in Bali or by the beach.
I wanted to explore the local shopping so the front desk called up a tuk-tuk type vehicle which dropped me at the front gate only - we walked a few hundred metres and then gave up.
I still have no idea how close we were to any of the wonderful shops that Seminyak is meant to have but I believe the front desk should be more pro-active in advising what and where some of the local activities are.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RonWamberal

Hello RonWamberal,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am glad that you are a W fan and have experienced the one in New York. Yes, everything is right in front of you, but that is their strength in being a city hotel. Here in Bali, as a Retreat, our strength is to take you away from all the hustle and bustle, but still be close enough to the happening spots in the most happening part of Bali.

Visiting other W’s you will notice that nothing is done in the traditional sense, however we represent Bali in many subtle ways; paying respect to the destination. This can be seen primarily in our design.

The tuk-tuk type vehicles you speak of are actually golf buggies and are not suitable for the main road, which is why we can only take you to that point. To note, the length of the driveway is 510 meters. It is long, but then if our front door was located on the main road, we would be further from the beach!

We do hope that when you do return to Bali, you will still choose W. Please feel free to contact me if there are any other issues you would like to discuss. We want to keep you a W fan.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Absolutely loved this hotel -- sexy, romantic and pulsing with positive energy. Best for couples with discreet places to chill around every corner. I loved ever second here -- so much so that decided to cancel day trip to Ubud to just relax.
Don't miss the fantastic breakfast buffet and gorgeous sunsets from your balcony or pool/bar/beach.

• Stayed: September 2011
W_Bali_Seminyak, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Hello Jay8989,

Thank you for your fantastic review! It certainly sounds like you enjoyed your W Bali Experience. Though Ubud is lovely, I would also rather be watching the sunsets from our balcony.

Please be our W Ambassador and spread the word in Japan!

Reviewed 9 February 2012

The W Retreat & Spa Bali delivers on all the expectations one would have of a W hotel and more. The hotel has an an amazing fitout, is trendy and modern with Balinese subtlety throughout. The WOW factor is certainly present.

The staff were very friendly, professional and helpful throughout the hotel and nothing was a hassle.

The rooms are well appointed with a spacious bathroom with wonderful Bliss spa products The bedroom area is equipped with big screen TV, Bose surround sound system, Ipod dock, plenty of space and a very comfy bed.

The food and dining throughout the W is fantastic with Fire restaurant offering my preferred menu and delivering exceptional quality food. Creativity and flair abound throughout!

A very good expereince.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Hello bbwoods,

WOW! What a great review, thank you. We are glad we did not disappoint. When are you coming back? Let us know.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Stayed in the 2 bedroom villa. Good points: the staff are very friendly and are always polite and professional. The pool area in the main complex is great, and we had no trouble getting drinks served. Starfish Blue restaurant is really good, try the oysters. The Villa is amazing, from the Bliss amenities to the super comfortable bed, free sunblock, bug spray and thongs! Go for the happy hour cocktails at Woo Bar from 6pm - 7pm. Wine is not cheap so get used to drinking cocktails!

Not so good points: we had to call the maintenance people about 5 times for things that were either broken or nearly broken. For a new hotel the villas are not aging well! The front door to the villa got jammed twice, and the door to bedroom two needed about 2 people to slide it open. Oh and don't forget that the lights need to be on in the open area for the blinds to work. We had a water feature in the open air lounge room that never worked.

We had to call nearly everyday for things that were not replaced (e.g. milk, tea bags etc) More attention to detail in the housekeeping section would be helpful.

Tips: the SPA has a plunge pool and oxygen therapy room which guests can use free of charge without having an appointment at the spa. We only found this out on the last day.

Most of the villas are away from the hotel, although you can catch a buggy to and from the foyer. This was OK for us as we went in low season but I would expect that there would be a lot of walking to and from in high season. And yes the roads are paved with these ridiculous stones that caused damage to every pair of high heels I bought!

In the reception area there are lounges that look out over the pool area. This is a perfect spot for breakfast as it's a cheaper option than the buffet breakfast in Fire Restaurant. You can choose from Continental, Bakery Basket, or hot breakfast and it comes with smoothies, coffee etc. Also there is free juice in the reception area (flavour changes everyday).

Don't get me wrong I LOVED the whole W experience and would highly recommend you stay here, it's close to all the restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Hello RachiBlack,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We were delighted that you chose W Bali for the birthday celebration.

Thank you for raising your issues. I have already discussed this with the relevant departments. I am encouraged that this did not dissuade your W Experience and we do hope to welcome you back when you return to Bali.