2,209 results
All reviews haven room sabeen restaurant bedroom suite beach club bintang supermarket standard room buffet breakfast an upgrade busy street day bed close to shops pool side nice pool the main street the hustle and bustle pools bali
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

This was an ok stay. Rooms were clean but not like the balinese style we had grown to love. Felt a bit clinical. Air con wasnt working so changed to another room but it was a twin instead of double. The pool was ok. The staff were fine. The location and breakfast were the best things about this hotel. Good for the price

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarakSetiadiS, General Manager at The Haven Bali Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Dear Ms katybean2,

Marvelous Spirit from THE HAVEN Bali Seminyak......Naturally Elegant!

Thank you for your stay at The Haven Bali Seminyak and thank you for your time to give us your short and positive review thru TripAdvisor. We are happy to know that you were satisfy stayed with us where you gave us 3 point out of 5 where you found our clean room, nice pools, the staff were fine, great location and great breakfast and value for money.

We are so thankful to you who takes the time to share your feelings. We look forward to see you soon again at The Haven Bali Seminyak in the near future. Please do not hesitate to send me an email at gm.seminyak@thehavenhotels.com for further inquiries.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 November 2016

This hotel was very good, got it in a package deal with return flights from Melbourne for around AUD$950. Rooms are a decent size, beds comfortable, air con failed once but came back on. Had a slight problem with a blocked sink and leaking shower, but they came and fixed it promptly. We had a room that opened onto the pool area. I thought the locks on the sliding doors were a bit flimsy, a bolt lock into the floor would bet better and I wrote that in the customer survey. Room as a safe however. Breakfast is very good, larger variety, some items change daily. Coffee is just black filtered coffee but it's ok to start the day. The grounds and amenities are well kept. The safe as friendly and helpful. Reception staff have good English, the housekeeping staff a bit more limited, but they will go out of their way to assist you. I like a top sheet on the bed and after I asked for it once they made the bed for the rest of the week with it for me.
Easy walk to the beach, apparently they have deck chairs and transport down to the beach, but I didn't see it specifially noted anywhere obvious. The shopping strip and restaurants of Seminyak are a short and cheap taxi ride away, or walkable in about 25 min or so. There is a good supermarket a few doors up.
Overall I would stay here again and recommend it.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Mr/Ms Lm792,

Marvelous Spirit from THE HAVEN Bali Seminyak......Naturally Elegant!

It's really pleasure to have you stay at The Haven Bali Seminyak and thank you for your time to give us your short and positive review thru TripAdvisor. We are happy to know that you were satisfy stayed with us where you gave us 4 point out of 5 where you found our spacious room, comfortable bed, very good breakfast, friendly and helpful staff and strategic location.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Found out about The Haven online (Expedia) ... read a few reviews and was slightly worried, but no need to be. It was a fantastic place to stay. We're middle class people on a middle class budget and The Haven exceeded our expectations. Great aircon, great breakfast, great location, great rooms, great pools, great everything. This was our second time in Bali and our second hotel, and we'll definitely stay here again.

Room tip: We were down the back which we didn't ask for but really liked.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarakSetiadiS, General Manager at The Haven Bali Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear Mr revharrisnz,

Marvelous Spirit from THE HAVEN Bali Seminyak......Naturally Elegant!

Thank you very much for your stay at The Haven Bali Seminyak and thank you for your time to give us your short and very positive review thru TripAdvisor. We are happy to know that you were satisfy stayed with us where you gave us maximum value of 5 point where you found our right hotel for the right person, great aircon, great breakfast, great location, great rooms, great pools and great everything.

We are so thankful to you who takes the time to share your feelings and thank you for your plan to stay back with us again. We look forward to see you soon again at The Haven Bali Seminyak in the near future. Please do not hesitate to send me an email at gm.seminyak@thehavenhotels.com for further inquiries.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

After staying at a very average hotel for 5 nights it was fantastic to arrive at The Haven. I was surprised to find the hotel is huge, had previously been for dinner & seen only the front hotel units. WE stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which was marginally more than a hotel room. HUGE. The suites have an entrance from double 6 street and separate reception & restaurant so you don't have to walk all the way back to the main entrance. That area is much quieter. Included in our suite booking is 2 hour window each afternoon where we could have drinks & canapes in the club lounge. The pools were a bit cold but welcomed the tropical landscape around the 2 back pools, maybe the main pool was warmer. The only downside was we were only there for 3 nights. Will definitely book there again.

Room tip: Suite if you can afford the bit extra
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Ms Roslyn M,

Marvelous Spirit from THE HAVEN Bali Seminyak......Naturally Elegant!

It's really pleasure to have you stay at our beautiful 1 Bedroom Suite at The Haven Bali Seminyak and thank you for your time to give us your positive review thru TripAdvisor. We are happy to know that you were satisfy stayed with us where you gave us maximum value of 5 point where you found our huge room, quiet environment, nice 2 (two) reception, nice 2 (two) pools and thank you for your loyalty to stay back again with us in the near future.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

I stayed at The Haven for 5 days as a solo traveler in October 2016 and spent my first two nights in a suite, after which I moved to a standard Haven room because the suites were booked out.

The suites are beautiful, large and well-maintained with good pool side views. Definitely worth the extra money as I doubt you'd get such spacious accommodation in Bali for a similar price. They are located in the quiet area at the back of the hotel. The only complaint I would have about my suite was the poor water pressure in the shower, but this was not a big deal. I had decent wi-fi connectability.

The standard Haven rooms are very inconsistently maintained. There are many reviews on here describing them as dated and mouldy etc., and indeed the first room (third floor) I was given was very poorly maintained. I requested for a room change, and was then moved to a room on the first floor with a beautiful pool side view that was in much, much better condition. This new room was definitely worth the money, with my only complaint being poor wi-fi connection.

On the whole, The Haven was a great place to stay and I would definitely like to return. The customer service is fantastic and the reservation manager is quick to reply to any e-mails and requests - I managed to easily book an airport transfer and in-house massage before my arrival. The buffet breakfast has great variety with both Indonesian and Western food. There are two large pools to choose from, and a private area on double six beach. The beach is only a ten minute stroll from the back of the hotel, and there are shuttle services that operate throughout the day. I quite liked the food at the hotel restaurant, and thought the live music was good and not too loud to interrupt sleep.

My recommendation would be to pay the extra money and book a suite. If you decide to choose a Haven room, try scoring one on the first floor with a poolside view.

Room tip: Pay the extra and book a suite as the standard Haven rooms are inconsistently maintained
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Nav N

Dear Mr Nav N,

Marvelous Spirit from THE HAVEN Bali Seminyak......Naturally Elegant!

It's really pleasure to have you stay at our beautiful Suite and the Hotel at The Haven Bali Seminyak and thank you for your time to give us your detail and very positive review thru TripAdvisor. We are happy to know that you were satisfy stayed with us where you gave us 4 point out of 5 where you found our beautiful, spacious room, well-maintenance, value for money, great buffet breakfast, 2 (two) large pools and close to the beach.