“Comfortable, Excellent Location, Very Friendly Staff”
Review of The Haven Bali

The Haven Bali
Ranked #60 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I couldn't really fault this hotel, I had a very warm and friendly welcome, the room was very clean and well presented. The breakfast was very good, as was the room service and the restaurant. It is in a very good location, right in the vicinity to browse the shops and restaurants in the area, you can walk to the beach too (15mins), but I'd suggest a taxi back. The hotel is run by young people who do an excellent job. Someone mentioned the small gym, this is true I managed to use it only once during my three day stay, and the equipment is first class, would be nice if they had a bigger gym. If I have one tip, I would say get a taxi from the airport office ( 60,000) and when going back get a Blue Bird taxi ( 50,000). Do not let the drivers outside the hotel hassle you to get a car with them unless there are a few of you if so then barter to 70,000 maximum. I loved this hotel, its very good value for money, I've stayed in five star hotels a lot worse. I hope that when I return I have the same experience, best wishes to the young staff and the trainees.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ShinnyGranite
TheHavenManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Haven Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear ShinnyGranite,

Greetings from The Haven Seminyak!

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Reviewed 19 April 2012

the location of the hotel is quite good, the location of the restaurant is perfect!!.. front office and housekeeping staff are very friendly, however the FB staff needs more training for their service attitude; most of the time they were busy chatting and did not give attention to my table (noted: the foods and drinks are not cheap for legian standard).
there is not enough socket; if you want to charged your mobile phone while using the laptop and mean your partner will not have any chance to do such thing; the option is switch off the TV (unplug), unplug the electric mosquito repellent; then you can use both laptop and charging your mobile phone at the same time, ask your partner to charged his/her mobile phone on the toilet.
when i arrived; the room was boiling hot 32 centigrade and only get into 26 centigrade about 2 hours later, well you get for what you pay!;.... but the hotel is not cheap for legian area.. not to mentioned there is hardly any parking space for your car!

Room Tip: take a taxi to the hotel, forget about the car.. circle k apposite the hotel for beers, drinking wat...
3  Thank Balihgh
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We loved the hotel and our suite. The location was great. And the service was very good. We enjoy the afternoon drinks and snacks in the lounge, a big bonus. Breakfast was great too!

Room Tip: If you stay in a suite or better you get free access to the lounge which has free drinks and finger...
1  Thank MrMrsBray

Dear MrMrsBray,

Greetings from The Haven Seminyak!

I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at The Haven Seminyak and our facilities as our guest satisfaction is our top priority. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Reviewed 18 April 2012

The Haven looks quite impressive when you first step out of your cab - it is fronted by a swanky bar/restaurant which is great for bumming around and people watching. I was quite excited by the hotel and its vibe. However, my good first impression rapidly went downhill once I got to my room.

As mentioned by many other reviewers, there is an entire block of rooms located immediately adjacent to a construction site. You can literally jump over to the new building if you so wished. The drilling begins early in the morning and doesn't stop till 9-10pm. Not good if you want to have a relaxing vacation and bum around in your room. I found the floor of my room to be extremely dusty - I normally like to remove my shoes in the hotel room but had to stick to wearing the hotel slippers as my feet were turning black.

Despite the wonderful exterior, I found parts of my room tired looking. The mirror had a large black stain on it. There was a curious maroon stain near the toilet - I chose to ignore that. The bed was luxurious and comfortable, however.

The was a nice spread at breakfast - definitely something to look forward to and a big plus of the hotel. Staff were nice and friendly - I ordered 2 pancakes and left to get some other food, forgot about the pancakes totally. The kind waiter actually remembered my order when I went back for it eventually.

Overall an okay place to stay - could be much, much better if I had got rooms in a different block.

Room Tip: Avoid the block adjacent to construction site at all costs.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank frennek

Dear frennek,

I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at The Haven Seminyak and our facilities as our guest satisfaction is our top priority. We have received your concern regarding some issues in the room, we always do general cleaning and maintenance to avoid that kind of problem. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We recently travelled to Bali and stayed at the perfectly located Haven. We stayed in the hotel section of The Haven. Whilst our arrival to the hotel was not the most happiest it was fortunately no indication of the rest of our stay. On arrival we were informed that there was not a queen bed available and we (my partner and I) had to sleep in 2 single beds for the night and whilst there were unable to promise they would move us into another room, on the second day we were informed that we were in fact able to go into another room with a queen bed.
The breakfast was great - best I have had yet in a hotel in bali with freshly made eggs, pancakes, wide selection of other cooked foods and assorted sweets including crossaints, cupcakes and of course lots of fruit.
The general ambience of the hotel is great but should you want to sit by the pool i would suggest getting there before lunch to ensure a spot on the day bed.
There is a departure lounge situated at the far end of the resort which you can use to show if need be or rest once you have checked out and waiting to fly out. They will most likely tell you that the cost is 25 usd but if you do not want any cocktails or food cost is free.
We loved The Haven mainly due to its location. A quick walk to the beach or in amongst the shops ideal for a relaxing holiday in Bali. Will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: For the hotel rooms request view of the pool.
2  Thank RoseAdelaide

Dear RoseAdelaide,

Greetings from The Haven Seminyak!

I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic experience and enjoy our facilities. Thank you for your feedback. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon