“Surf, Yoga, Spa, Cuisine, divine Villa amazing Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Goddess Retreats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Goddess Retreats
Ranked #31 of 408 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
sydney
“Surf, Yoga, Spa, Cuisine, divine Villa amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

The retreat is a true treat, amazing food from Joyce the villa mum, great surfing tuition, yoga classes to stretch out your surf muscles and indulgent spa treatments that leave you feeling utterly pampered, rejuvenated and inspired. The owner chelsea and her team are warm and welcoming and offer a well organised yet flexible program. Its 5 star all the way and made me want to move to Bali to surf, do yoga, eat that food and enjoy the relaxed pace and great weather, plus the fabulous poeple. absolutely recomend this 150%!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank where2holiday
lightfootwanderer, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
We would like to thank you for enjoying your holiday with us at Surf Goddess Retreats! Every guest opinion is valued and we can not begin to express how grateful we are to you for taking the time to write your review. We are so glad you chose to join us as your retreat of choice in Bali.

As a beloved Surf Goddess Alumnae we offer you extra special savings and bonuses on any return visit to either Surf Goddess or Bali Goddess Retreats, please simply email us directly to find out details.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Couples
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2010

This is a once in a life time experience for the week. A wonderfully organized week of activities and being pampered. From the massages, surf lessons, cultural excursions, food, this was a great trip. I literally only booked the week, and my ticket to Bali. Saved the rest to be planned when I got there. It was worth using my valued vacation time for. Joyce took great care of us with local meals prepared freshly, any concerns or needs she immediately addressed, even to the tune of helping me get a frog out of my room. The schedule leaves enough time for solo vegging out, shopping in town, or just to enjoy the cocktails at sunset at a local venue. Everyone was standing on their first day of surfing! I had such a great time, I went back to Bali the next weeknd to take in some more!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
5 Thank MissAdventureHK

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

Truly, one of the BEST trips I have ever taken! Surf Goddess Retreats- you rock! This retreat exceeded any expectations I had. If you are on the fence about going- GO!!! Everything from the accommodations, activities, staff to the food were FABULOUS! Our beautiful villa was perfectly located in super-chic Seminyak. Lots of great shopping, spas and restaurants within walking distance. Take advantage of all the great spa/massage treatments while in Bali! DEFINITELY worth it! I pretty much got one everyday! The yoga sessions were the perfect way to start the day- I learned so much and have continued my practice since returning home. The surf- AMAZING! The classes were great and the warm ocean water will make you want to stay out all day. Whether you are a beginner or a pro, you are guaranteed to have a blast! If you are a foodie, you are definitely in for a treat! Delicious, healthy, local cuisine. Chelsea, Susan, Melinda and Joyce- thank you so much for making my time in Bali one I will never forget. What a magical place! I have travelled to many destinations around the globe and don't have a huge list of places I would go back and visit, but I will most definitely return to Bali! :)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank annacl27

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2010

Surf Goddess Retreats is amazing. I had been wanting to learn to surf for a while and I couldn't have picked a better location or a group of people to learn with. Chelsea, Melinda, Joyce and Susan are true goddesses - lovely, amazing women with so much passion for what they do. It was a pleasure to spend a week with them and the fantastic women who were on the retreat. The location of the villa is great (right off the main strip in Seminyak so it's easy to shop, eat, etc) and the villa is a really oasis from the craziness and the heat of the beach/town.

Joyce took amazing care of us all week - her food is amazing and I can't wait for the cookbook to come out!

Susan is one of the best yoga instructors I've come across anywhere -- she's wise and generous with her knowledge and so encouraging. I came back stronger, both in mind and body from practicing with her.

I think Melinda's spirit and encouragement are what willed us all up on the boards. She and the guys from Rip Curl were patient, supportive and super knowledgeable. I may never be a great surfer, but their lessons definitely got me on the right path.

And Chelsea is fantastic - she's really brought all of her experiences as a surfer as well as her work in hospitality together to create a wonderful experience. She really makes you feel like you're an honored guest in her home.

All in all, an amazing experience. Only advice I would give someone going is take more than a week when you're there so you have time to explore outside of Seminyak -- Bali is too amazing to limit your journey to just the beach!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank RAD1972

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

Surf Goddess Retreats was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Not only are you in a beautiful paradise, but you are surrounded by some of the most incredible people you will ever meet. The villa was amazing and Joyce's food was delicious. Having taken a lot of yoga in my life I found Susan to be one of the most knowledgeable teachers I have ever had and each one of her classes was completely unique. Melinda's surf instruction was fun and not intimidating at all. I was a bit more experienced at surfing and was totally accommodated and had the opportunity to surf more intermediate spots (especially the super fun reef break at Tugu). Chelsea has created a truly rare and wonderful retreat that I would recommend to any women regardless of their yoga/surfing level. A great place to revive yourself and meet great people. Also a major bonus is the spa treatments. Such good deals!

Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank jdifeo

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
17.9 km away
COMO Shambhala Estate
#4 of 8 in Payangan
5.0 km away
The Chillhouse - Bali Surf and Bike Retreats

Been to Goddess Retreats? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK