“Really worth a visit ”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We have heard much good about Moksh and were concerned about some negative Tripadvisor reports - so we decided to check it out ourselves!!

We had an absolutely fabulous meal - mixed starter for two, one portion butter chicken and one lamb Rogan josh!! Wow !! No regrets - these were so awesome we ordered a second bottle of wine and just relaxed!! The curry (medium) was very tasty, rewarding and filling.

The staff were friendly, informed and caring - I don’t know how they got negative reports - we will go again soon!!

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

An almost colonial feel given an old building...an awesome meal...really tasty Butter Chicken. Super friendly staff and management. Recommended!!!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We had family from Italy to stay with us and they really wanted some good Indian food, so we decided (even after reading some poor reviews) that we would try Moksh. Okay is all I can say. We chose platters for starters, with naan bread - the platters were interesting and well cooked but the naan was very soggy. My lamb korma contained only four small pieces of lamb; the sauce was tasty but I've made it better myself. The butter chicken was nice, but boring. Service was quick and efficient and pleasant so no problems there. But I wish I'd never set foot in the toilet - it was so dirty (door, floor and walls) that it ruined my meal. Dirt can be scrubbed off - why don't they? That's why I've rated the service so low - a clean toilet should be part of the service.

2  Thank Ethnee H
Reviewed 28 August 2017

This restaurant deserves a 3,5 rating as it is better than average.
We visited recently to celebrate a 75th birthday with a lover of hot Indian curries.
My choice was a vegetarian dish (mixed veg korma) with cashew and cream gravy - it was delicious. Another dish served to our group was the lamb Kastoori which went down very well.
The meal was preceeded by some tasty starters, shared by the table.
The service was friendly and efficient.
Inside the restaurant it is a little dark , but with a huge photo of the Taj Mahal on the wall it has a definite Indian feel to it.
Its probably a good choice for bigger parties as the tables are easy to configure for larger groups.

1  Thank Tweet G
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Friends of ours took us to this restaurant, it's not the best part of town and I always feel that I can make curry at home. But now I can't wait to go back! The food is absolutely delicious, there is a whole page of vegetarian option with cheese in curry as well as pages and pages of meat dishes. The curry is so delicious I wanted to drink it like soup. Order a garlic naan bread to share with the curry and rice. I'm definitely going back. Apparently it is important to book.