“Fantastic Curry!!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Loved this restaurant. Came for lunch and had the butter chicken; Lamb Korma; garlic naan and butter naan. It was prepared perfectly and the meat was soft and tender. The sauce was amazing smooth and flavorful. Will visit again!

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Authentic Indian food. Generous portions. Delicious food - had the lamb rogan josh with a variety of naan breads... yum! Great ambience. Very reasonable Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Not the best meal I've had. Not so much creamy as greasy, dal makni with very little dal, not filling or substantial. Different dishes had the same type of tomato-undertones, even those that shouldn't have tomato, like korma. Compared to other Indian restaurants I've frequented, sadly Moksh will not see me again, despite the friendly staff and quick cooking.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Moksh came highly recommended. The reception was friendly and profesional. Decor was different and enjoyable. Starters were pungent, flavourful and good value. Waiters were honoust and helpful, well done. Main courses were good, though I fear not exceptional. Will try them again and give Hot a go, medium was rather mild. Overall decent experience, something different.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We went to Moksh with some concerns after reading some of the other reviews. Nevertheless the reality is that Moksh is the only Indian restaurant within any sensible driving distance of our new home in Gordon's Bay and both my wife and I love Indian food! So with this in mind we decided to simply try it out for ourselves.
The restaurant itself is a little "understated" when approaching it (we thought it was closed at first!) but in turning into the restaurant car park and finding it full we thought that maybe the reviews were not telling the whole story. It was a Saturday night and we had not booked and for sure it was busy inside but we were lucky to get a table.
We ordered one of our favourite menus choices so that we could make a comparison - Onion Bharji and Chicken Tikka Masala, basmati rice and garlic naan bread - my wife ordered medium spice and I ordered hot. Service was quick and friendly so already were started to feel at ease. The starter came quickly and for sure - no complaints with the generous portions and taste.
The main meal came a reasonable time afterwards and again no complaints with the portions and quality - there was a huge difference between my "hot" spice and my wife's "medium". I would have put mine at "very hot" compared to other restaurants spice rating but no problem for me but take care if you do not like it too hot.
My wife ordered an Irish coffee to finish and we did wait a while for that to appear - I was not to critical of the wait as there was a very large family group on the next table whose food appeared at the time we ordered the coffee and the three waiters were to be fair rather focused on getting their order to the table. To be honest I did not see or experience any of the negatives expressed in some reviews and the only negative that I would express is that the (male) toilet room was in need of an "overhaul".
Meal great, service satisfactory and ambience just fine. Yes we will be going back - perhaps this is the most telling judgment point.

1  Thank Chrisgimson