Review Highlights

Reviewed 9 May 2016
Jayne M
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Fantastic Day Out!!

I chartered these guys out of Hout Bay yesterday (Feb 11th) and we were not disappointed. As part... read more

Reviewed 12 February 2016
Kevinoregan
Cape Town Central, South Africa

All reviews yellowfin blue shark cape town nick lures robin fished fisherman
Reviewed 31 May 2017

this was an early start and clearly was either the wrong time of the year or the fish just were not there !! i have fished a good few parts of the world and have only BLANKED .. "fishermen will know this term " off the coast of Salou in Spain and in Capetown now !!!! on both occasions trawling lures and deadbaiting / chumming were the methods of fishing.. in fairness to Nick he and his crewmate Robin worked hard to put us in the right place !! we even fished 25 metres off the back of a trawler that was disembowelling fish !! BUT NO TAKES ON LURES TRAWLING from the back of the trawler running full circles !!in 8 hours we hooked 1 blue shark of 3 and a half foot length.. not exactly my idea of catching a fish 12 foot off the surface !! MAY certainly is not the time to fish South African waters as it is there winter .. or start of as all the big yellowfin start to migrate !! THE BEST TIME FOR YELLLOWFIN /BLUE / BLACK / STRIPED AND WHITE MARLIN IS BETWEEN LATE DECEMBER AND LATE FEBRUARY !! BUT BEWARE temperatures are between 31c and 37c at that time of year !! the captain Nick had advised the best time of the year to fish and having come back from South Africa and doing my own research i agree !! SORRY FOR NOT RATING YOU HIGHER TWO OCEANS / BIG CATCH TOURS .. but when i pay a lot of money i at least expect some fish !!!! no matter what !! rather than all the fish have gone !!!

Reviewed 9 May 2016

These guys are great the boats are fantastic with all latest electronics and a crew to use it to its best effect. I fished 24th April 2016 and once we arrived at the fishing grounds I was fighting fish all day including a 200kg Mako Shark and nice Long Fin Tuna. Thank you for a fun day out that I will remember for a long time

Reviewed 12 February 2016

As part of a wedding party we booked the bigger boat they have (Delta One) which was a bit more of a gin palace than hard core fishing vessel hoever this was an excellent choice for a variety of fishing experience and social priorities on board (we had 8 people - some had never stepped on a fishing boat before)

The guys steamed out 30 odd miles to sea and put the lures over the back to troll around in a likely area. It didnt take long and a couple of the lines went and we had 2 large yellowfins on board (both around 30 kilos)

We had 4 more hits in a day which saw only one other boat actually land a fish. Unfortunately we lost 2 of the fish (also yellowfins and we reckon bigger than the ones we had already caught) very close to the boat and we also hooked up with something that went off like a submarine which the crew thought could be a mako shark.

The crew were hard working and diligent checking in with all the other boats to help each other and maximise our experience.

We saw dolphins, blue shark, right whales and lots of birdlife.

The food was good and drinks never ran out (you can imagine a wedding party of guys, the drinks started at 715am!)

When we got back to harbour the fish were photographed and some of the guys took some home with them. The two oceans guys also made us some fresh sashimi and served it up in the boat club with beers after. Yum yum

I would heartily recommend these guys for both experienced, serious fisherman or novices - they were lovely chaps, very sociable and funny but also hard working and diligent.

I would book them again if i had time while im but that would probably cost me the marriage!!

Thanks guys - i hope i can come back and do it all again one day - next time we'll get a 100 kilo fish!

2  Thank Kevinoregan
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

These guys are awesome.... I recomend them to everyone. Thanks to Nick and Robin for placing us on the fish everytime, and we even spotted a black marlin. Wow!!!!! Once again, awesome and thanks guys

Reviewed 26 May 2015

I had read the reviews before agreeing to the charter (Organised by Silver Hare Tours)
I have never fished in the Southern Hemisphere before, so it was all a big adventure. Originally I booked the entire boat for myself. A friend then joined me who had never fished before, I was in a no win situation!!.
We met Dave and Vernon on board and proceeded out to sea, two hours later we reached the warm current and it was not long before my friend Andrew was into the first Yellow Fin, we then hit a school of Long Fin and there was a hectic period of fishing ( at one stage four rods were in action)
What was so amazing to me was the enthusiasm of the two guys it was as if it was their first time not ours they were so excited !!
I then hooked into a big fish and over forty minutes later there was an approximately kilo fish on deck FANTASTIC !!!
A little while later Andrew hooked into a similar sized fish , but lost it at the gaff.
Time for home and the end of a great day and the start of a memory that will last for ever.
Thanks guys
Phil Odling

Reviewed 10 December 2014

I had long wanted to fish SA waters. This year was the year. I received a recommendation to try two oceans out of Hout bay and particularly obsession. It was just myself, skipper Dave and Vernon. We headed south to find yellowfin and boy did we find them. Aside from catching 5 of them, the best 80 kg, we hand fed them pilchards for the best part of 2 hours as they breached next to the boat. All round an unforgetable day. The crew were knowledgable, professional and a pleasure to be on board with. I think I might be back next year.

3  Thank tjoe30
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Trying to organise a trip out to chase these monsters always has its hurdles - you need decent weather, and as a single client, you need availability on board to get you in amongst them. First off, the communications on trying to organise the day was A+.. Dave kept me in the loop knowing i had very little availability - and thankfully we got the green light.

Arriving at the Marina before dawn i was greeted by a number of staff of both boats (they have 2), all who were very friendly and accommodating.

They launch from Hout bay - which is ideal as it cuts down on the travel time out to the tuna grounds (been out before from simons town and its a bit of an extra trip going around the point which eats into fishing time).

The skipper and deckhand we had on the day were great and knew what they were doing - we got hook ups (2) within the first minute of putting baits down (we opted to bait at this stage rather than troll) - we landed all but 1 strike and ended up with 6 on the boat ranging in weight.

Equipment used was all as expected - Shimano Tiagra (and Penn it think?) - I was on the larger of the 2 boats which was absolutely great for the job at hand -

Thanks again guys - great day on the water and well operated.

Highly recommend these guys - its a professional outfit doing exactly what they advertise - catching Tuna :)

1  Thank Lostinlondon1
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Just a note to thank you for the most amazing experience I had fishing. As this was my first time at deep sea fishing I was not sure what to expect and now you have set the bar so high in terms of your skill and expertise that anyone else that I fish with will not be able to fill your boots. Abbas who is a very avid fisherman as you know, cannot stop talking about your poling skills and I think that you will become a legend among his fish compatriots in the Middle East.

Once again thanks for an amazing day and I hope that your shoulder heals quickly so you can get back to doing what we all saw was a passion in your life, FISHING.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I contacted Dave couple of weeks earlier before my vacation in Cape Town. I liked his way of arranging the trip according to my wishes. He gave me some good advice, we selected the best day weather wise and booked the first trip in couple of minutes. Those weeks felt extra long, but finally The day of fishing came at 17th February. Jaguar the 32-foot boat was already prepared and friendly and helpful guys Dave and Greg waiting as planned. We headed out for ocean right before sunrise just when the morning view was the most amazing. We were extremely lucky to witness a school of thousands of dolphins swimming just alongside our boat Jaguar.

After 1,5 hour driving we found a good spot to start trolling. Unfortunately trolling wasn't the best way to catch that day and we changed to use some bait fish on hook. It didn't take long before the first small long fin tuna was onboard. We catched some more and saw couple of sharks during the day while the bigger Yellow fins were hiding somewhere else. Just before heading back home we decided to try trolling again. That was a good choice because we were able to hook two good size Dorados which were actually the first ever catched on Jaguar. We came back to harbor after 5pm, I had a great day, but felt that I hadn't seen the best part yet. So I decided to book a second trip as soon as possible.

Dave kept me updated about weather forecast and second trip was soon planned for Thursday.
Again we were up and running early morning to achieve a lot of fishing time. Dave is working together with other fishing boats and soon we got the first radio messages and school of tunas were spotted. Tackles over board and right away the first fish was hooked. And this time it was something bigger. If you haven't been fishing tuna before, book your trip now!! I have to say I have never experienced anything even near that strong than yellow fin tuna at the end of my line. The feeling when you are holding the rod is absolutely amazing and exhausting at the same time. I was't sure about the technique using the harnesses and therefore soon my legs and arms were powerless. Dave the skipper and his crew member Dave gave me some really good tips how to use the gear. The next fishes were easier and I started to enjoy instead of fearing to be pulled over board by the tunas. My biggest catch +60kg Yellow fin tuna was really strong, but not even close to the biggest ones in size. At the right time of the year you can easily see fish weighting way over 100kg! Eventually I was able to catch seven tunas, total like 350kg of pure thrilling experience.

Contact Dave right away, bring your sunscreen (leave the 20's home, take 50's with long sleeve shirts) and the camera. Food and drinks are provided by Two Oceans. You might end up fishing with the most friendly and proficient fishermen you have ever met and catch the biggest fish you have ever seen.

Private charters are quite expensive if you are traveling by yourself, but trust me, it's also worth every penny and more! I'm already planning my next trip to Cape Town to fish together with Two Oceans Sport Fishing Charters.

-Janne

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Having fished with many charter skippers across the globe I can advise you won't find better than Dave and likewise his crewman Anthony......trolling and casting for yellow tail we struck several good fish making it the perfect trip, great advice offered when needed, excellent food and drink provided, also good conversation...to say Dave ensured Customer Satisfaction would be an under statement....Many Thanks.

1  Thank NomadKK