“One of my best days ever!”

Two Oceans Sport Fishing Charters
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I contacted Dave couple of weeks earlier before my vacation in Cape Town. I liked his way of arranging the trip according to my wishes. He gave me some good advice, we selected the best day weather wise and booked the first trip in couple of minutes. Those weeks felt extra long, but finally The day of fishing came at 17th February. Jaguar the 32-foot boat was already prepared and friendly and helpful guys Dave and Greg waiting as planned. We headed out for ocean right before sunrise just when the morning view was the most amazing. We were extremely lucky to witness a school of thousands of dolphins swimming just alongside our boat Jaguar.

After 1,5 hour driving we found a good spot to start trolling. Unfortunately trolling wasn't the best way to catch that day and we changed to use some bait fish on hook. It didn't take long before the first small long fin tuna was onboard. We catched some more and saw couple of sharks during the day while the bigger Yellow fins were hiding somewhere else. Just before heading back home we decided to try trolling again. That was a good choice because we were able to hook two good size Dorados which were actually the first ever catched on Jaguar. We came back to harbor after 5pm, I had a great day, but felt that I hadn't seen the best part yet. So I decided to book a second trip as soon as possible.

Dave kept me updated about weather forecast and second trip was soon planned for Thursday.
Again we were up and running early morning to achieve a lot of fishing time. Dave is working together with other fishing boats and soon we got the first radio messages and school of tunas were spotted. Tackles over board and right away the first fish was hooked. And this time it was something bigger. If you haven't been fishing tuna before, book your trip now!! I have to say I have never experienced anything even near that strong than yellow fin tuna at the end of my line. The feeling when you are holding the rod is absolutely amazing and exhausting at the same time. I was't sure about the technique using the harnesses and therefore soon my legs and arms were powerless. Dave the skipper and his crew member Dave gave me some really good tips how to use the gear. The next fishes were easier and I started to enjoy instead of fearing to be pulled over board by the tunas. My biggest catch +60kg Yellow fin tuna was really strong, but not even close to the biggest ones in size. At the right time of the year you can easily see fish weighting way over 100kg! Eventually I was able to catch seven tunas, total like 350kg of pure thrilling experience.

Contact Dave right away, bring your sunscreen (leave the 20's home, take 50's with long sleeve shirts) and the camera. Food and drinks are provided by Two Oceans. You might end up fishing with the most friendly and proficient fishermen you have ever met and catch the biggest fish you have ever seen.

Private charters are quite expensive if you are traveling by yourself, but trust me, it's also worth every penny and more! I'm already planning my next trip to Cape Town to fish together with Two Oceans Sport Fishing Charters.

-Janne

in 7 reviews
"fisherman"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Having fished with many charter skippers across the globe I can advise you won't find better than Dave and likewise his crewman Anthony......trolling and casting for yellow tail we struck several good fish making it the perfect trip, great advice offered when needed, excellent food and drink provided, also good conversation...to say Dave ensured Customer Satisfaction would be an under statement....Many Thanks.

1  Thank NomadKK
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I found two oceans sport fishing charter online and gave Dave (the skipper and owner) a call to find out a bit more. He assured me I must come and see for myself as they have been catching large numbers of yellow fin this year, so I did and booked a day on the 4/1/2013. That proved to be the best decision in my fishing career to date! Simply the best days fishing I've ever had! I also landed my biggest fish at 45kg!! (I'm from England) I fished with two of my close friends on Dave's boat "obsession" which may I add holds the African record for yellow fin at 127kg!! and also has caught the most yellow fin out of all the other charter boats in Cape Town!! I think that speaks for itself. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Dave and his two fantastic crew members which honestly I cannot speak highly enough of!! We had some great banter and all of us did not stop laughing the whole day!! Let me tell you now if your thinking about booking a day with two oceans STOP thinking and get it booked!! You will thank me after I promise!!:)). Once again a big thank you two oceans!! I will be back next year!!! Best. Max

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I went in South Africa for business trip. I have contacted Dave just few days before arriving in Cape Town.
We were looking for deep sea fishing, but Dave advise us to not go for this option as it was too windy. He propose us to go for snook fishing. So, first you can trust them for security purpose!
Evertyhing was perfectly organised starting at 5am the morning.
We had a great day, fishing in the middle of the wales (we saw them maybe more than 50 time), and catching some nice snook. Perfect weather, perfect landscape, perfect people... Everything to have a perfect day.
For sure, I am still looking for a deep sea fishing for big tuna, and my choice is already made.. It will be with Two Oceans Sport Fishing!
Thanks Dave! See you soon!
Cyril

1  Thank cyril D
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Amazing days out fishing for the second time (first time was in 2011 and had to come back). Again it was definately worth the trip from Finland! Dave, Nick and Craig took great care of us and really did everything possible to make our trip an unforgettable experience. They showed us whales, penguins, crayfishing, spinnerfishing, deep-sea fishing, trolling, islands covered with seals, secret fishing spots for a variety of species, great spots for diving etc. All this while giving us a huge amount of big fish action! I am totally blown off by their skills and expertise! They started preparing the boat at 4am and still after a 16-hour workday had the energy to be enthousiastic about fishing and tell entertaining stories to us. Great trip, great guys, cannot give them anything, but the very highest compliments. It's no surpise, that they win competitions and keep hooking the biggest fish. The name of Dave's boat says it all - their work is true Obsession about fishing.

1  Thank TommiLindfors