“'Best ever', was my wife's comment.”
Review of Le Coin Francais

Le Coin Francais
Ranked #2 of 103 Restaurants in Franschhoek
Description: “Le Coin Français” embodies the essence of the Franschhoek valley by reflecting the heritage, elegant French cuisine and wine of the local area. Multiple award-winning Chef de cuisine and owner, Darren Badenhorst (previously executive chef of The Restaurant at Grande Provence), will take diners on a journey through his interpretations of nostalgic food memories.
Reviewed 27 May 2018

This was an excellent recommendation from our hotel and we found both the food and the service to be great. We chose the six course menu without the wine pairing. We received excellent advice on the two wines we choose neither of which we knew so our experience was widened. Our food choices, except one, differed were all good with the langoustines, which we did both have, being exceptional. We live in a small country town which lacks good restaurants so this was a real treat not for everyday but certainly to spoil one self.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Before our visit I was in touch with Jasper - the restaurant manager based on this experience I had high hopes for Le Coin Francais but I left feeling slightly let down. Every dish we had was tasty but I especially enjoyed the qual. I had to stop both other guests from licking their plates clean with the langostine and the white chocolate mousse with the dessert was to die for. My gripe comes in with the service. Upon arrival we were offered bubbly which only hubby had - expecting we would be offered a non alcoholic version (because I was told we would be) I waited expectantly but nothing.

With the second course, the choices were langoustine or sole. I chose the sole and could not manage more than a bite because it was so fishy (this was not the issue). The issue was that no one noticed I had left it or that I eventually traded plates with hubby so he could eat it. When we told the waiter he simply joked and said “well you can come back tomorrow and try another dish”

Every dish was explained which was great except that I didn’t really understand half of what the waiter was saying.

Maybe I expected too much?

It is value for money when compared to other fine dining restaurants but I left underwhelmed as a result of service.

1  Thank P5261TXmeganc
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

In celebration of our wedding anniversary my husband and I decided on their 8 course tasting menu so we could taste a bit of everything they had to offer. WE WERE BLOWN AWAY.
From excellent service, to friendly staff, to delicious recommended wines, and flavor explosions in every bite this is a restaurant not to be taken lightly. We couldn’t of chosen a better place to celebrate. Thank you to the chef and staff for a wonderful evening!

1  Thank CaitlynM166
Reviewed 21 May 2018

My wife and I opted for the 6 course tasting menu and what a feast. Since there are two choices for each course we both had a taste of everything. Except for one wine I found the pairing was excellent.

1  Thank hanns b
Reviewed 21 May 2018

We book here on recommendation of Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. We had the 8 course menu with wine and everything was delicious. We tried a few new foods with this menu which I can be sceptical about at times, but the way it was cooked and presented made it easy to eat and it all tasted delicious. The chef had a chat with us and explain where he was from and what he was trying to achieve which was a nice touch. The staff there were all very attentive and made us feel very welcome. Would go beck in a heartbeat.

1  Thank letreppenwitz