“Always on Point”

Chris Michael's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chris Michael's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 80 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 9 north and Green Street
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

I'm a big fan of their Tuna Tartare. Steaks are always on point. It's just a nice place to dine when you want to eat good food. The place never disappoints!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Had a great time for a late night out for drinks and haven experienced a decent club in a long time.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

This is only a review of their "Lounge" area. Not the restaurant. Came here on a Saturday night with friends. My first impression of the place went from bad to worse. This place is pretentious. Trying way too hard to be something its not.

First off, parking is valet only. Not sure why. They have a large parking lot and they're located in a residential area. I've lived in NYC, San Francisco, Honolulu, Vegas, Atlantic City, etc. I have NEVER seen mandatory valet parking at clubs/lounges that were way better than Chris Michael's. It's only $5 for valet which isnt much. But its what gave me the impression that the place was pretentious.

Get to the door and the bouncer asks for IDs and proceeds to pat me down for weapons. What the hell? This place is in a suburb in NJ. Ive been to clubs in NYC that dont pat you down.

Came here with the girlfriend to celebrate a friends birthday. We arrived at 11 PM on a Saturday.....there were only about 20 people there. And about 10 of them were in our party. So why is parking valet only? Its not like theres a lot of people coming to this place. We stated until closing and to be fair, it did pick up at around 2 AM. But still, I dont think there were ever more than 50 people inside.

The patrons were much like the "Lounge" people pretending to be something theyre not. The age of the clientele skewed....older. Maybe mid to late 40s. Dressed up and acting like theyre still 21 and at a nice club. Lot of cougars and older guys dressed up in nice clothes with fat guts. All looking to get laid. And theres nothing wrong with that. More power too them. Just not my cup of tea. I will say that nobody seemed sleazy or anything. Everybody was respectful. No drunk guys grinding against girls who asked to be left alone.

Lastly, the drinks. We ordered beers (tap) and cocktails. They seemed to be watered down. I gave this place the benefit of the doubt and figured maybe the drinks were just weak. And then I ordered a $3 bottle of VOSS water. You could get a 12 for $10. But that isnt what upset me. As I was about to open the bottle I noticed that the seal appeared to have been tampered with. Half of the seal had been ripped off and the half that remained was bubbled. As if they filled the bottle with regular tap water and tried to put the seal back on it.

Never coming back here again.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Been to many of the best and was definitely not impressed. The atmosphere was that of a classic "Steak House" , the meat was below choice grade. Three steaks at the table, a filet, a T-bone and a Rib Eye. The filet was fair, but then again, outside of overcooking what can you do to a filet. The Rib Eye and the T-bone were both cooked as ordered (Med and Med rare) but both cuts of meat were tough and sinewy. One had to work to cut and eat. Drinks were fair. A native of Palm Beach so not upset by the$$'$, just the quality.

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

I sat at the bar and ordered the 22oz. bone in ribeye steak special. It was cooked to perfection and had amazing flavor. I absolutely enjoyed my meal and will probably be back this week again. The creme brûlée was pretty good for desert. My coworker had the graham cracker gelato and couldn't stop saying how good it was. The special cost $60 and was worth it.