“Great place for breakfast”
Review of Lucky Larry's

Lucky Larry's
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Wood Ridge
Cuisines: American, Deli
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I must have passed Lucky Larry's a million times over the years and never stopped for a meal. I am 'lucky' I did on Friday the 13th. I thought the food was pretty good and the couple running it very nice.

It is a typical neighborhood restaurant and more of a deli than a restaurant. Still there are a few tables to relax and eat and many people do stay for their meal. I had a scrambled egg platter with bacon, home fries and toast. I thought the meal was perfectly cooked, hot when it came to the table and very flavorful. Typical small town comfort food served with a warm smile.

The people cooking looked so happy that I walked in and I plan a couple more visits to try it for lunch. Its nice to have such a personable restaurant in the area.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Every time I go to Lucky Larry's, I enjoy something different. It is consistently good, and the choices are plentiful. The meals and sandwiches are made to order so everything is nice a fresh when you get it. If ever you pass thru Wood Ridge and would like a nice breakfast or lunch, LL won't let you down. I particularly like his homemade soups

Reviewed 13 February 2017

We live close to Lucky Larry's and have been a customer since we move there last year. My husband & I like going to LL for a breakfast date. It's cooked to order, my eggs 'over-easy' and bacon are done perfectly almost every time. Hubby likes the buffalo wrap, pretty tasty. The portion is not huge and that is how we should be eating. Doug is friendly and down-to-earth. We enjoy chatting with him and his staff. Its like a local diner with a nostalgic feel to it. Excellent , we highly recommend it!

Reviewed 16 November 2016

This is the quintessential New Jersey Deli. I believe it closes everyday by 2pm - but not because it lacks business. This is the place where blue collar and white collar workers rub elbows to enjoy a wonderful sandwich in a kind, unassuming atmosphere. Prices are what you'd expect for a good lunch sandwich - $7ish dollars. Maybe $10 if you splurge for a drink and side.

You'll be able to find something for everyone - and because everything is made to order, they are happy to tailor the meal to your tastes and needs. I had a fried eggplant sandwich the last time that I was here that blew my mind.

Cash only.

Reviewed 11 November 2014

I love the atmosphere of this little breakfast/lunch place. I've only been there for egg&cheese sandwiches on a weekend morning and sometimes it's a little busy (but in my eyes, busy is good...means something!!) so I have to wait a few minutes. I stare at their menu and it all looks good. They have specials everyday on a chalkboard (and they always look good too, unique!) I will be back for something else one day, I just always end up going when I crave a breakfast sandwich. The staff is so friendly...it has a homey/towney vibe. There are some tables and chairs so you can eat there. Never disappointed, I've been there probably 7 times.