“dirty dirty dirty” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Pittsgrove, New Jersey
“dirty dirty dirty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

When I went the place had a dirty pool and dirty room ! The toilet broke and we were treated like it was our fault and didnt respond for a very very long time.... the toilet was broken after our first flush and never worked properly..... I found tiny mouse droppings in the pull out couch bedding......If I were you dont go there look for some place else. I am never never never going again!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Faye E
, Front Office Manager at Shalimar Resort Motel, responded to this review, 24 June 2012
I am very sorry that you had a problem with your toilet during your stay - we have several people on staff to deal with situations as they arise and try to get to everyone as quickly as possible. We are a seasonal business, and obviously cannot keep our pool open all year. We re-fill the pool at the end of April for the season, and as with any pool, it takes several days to clear up and become usable. I am sorry that this was a bother during your stay, but it pretty chilly here during this time, so customers are not looking to go swimming this early in the season. Our large pool area is the centerpiece of our building and enjoyed by our guests throughout the summer months when the weather is warm, but we can't do much to hide it in the off-season when it is not in use. Lastly, we have never had any problems with mice of any kind. The furniture is moved regularly to ensure that the room is kept as clean as possible. I am positive that what you saw was not "droppings," but apologize if there may have been crumbs of some kind on the sofa. We have had no similar complaints at all. We likely could have moved your room to one more suitable if you had requested this to better accommodate you.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Awful! Overpriced, and the staff is extremely rude. Stayed for a convention and would NEVER go back. Never been so offended as by the old man at the desk. Don't think I've ever stayed anywhere worse. Sleep in your car before you stay at the Shalimar!!

• Stayed April 2012
5 Thank dprovo
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We try to do everything to accommodate our guests as best we can, but with conventions we often do not control the pricing or specifics of your stay. Arrangements are different for every group, and often customers do not understand that some issues are out of our control.

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Hamilton Square, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I have been going to the Shalimar for the past 6 years with the Knights of Columbus and I have to tell you, I look forward to it every year. Maria and Aldo are the most hospitable and knowledgeable hosts. If you are running an event, make sure to ask Maria's advice. It is always great and on target. She knows the area and the other vendors and that can be invaluable.
As for the accomodations--The rooms are clean and I have used the coffee makers and never found them to be anything but clean. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and it is close to the beach. The only downside--no ironing boards in the room (not an issue for most people and if you needed one, just ask.) I recommend the Shalimar to friends all the time.
The pool is a nice size and always immaculate. The staff is wonderful. If the Shalimar is booked, ask about the Royal Canadian. It is also owned by them.Give the Shalimar a try--you won't regret it.

Room Tip: There are 5 townhouses available--one has 3 bedrooms and the others are 2 bedrooms.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cairo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We have been going to Wildwood Crest ever since my Daughter Noele now 33 was 3 months old when it was owned by Bruce and Lorraine. Maria and her husband are one of the most congenial and professional owners we know. The staff are courteous and friendly. The rooms are suitable for any family or couples. The ammenities are good. The location is great and easy access to the boardwalk and Trolley. We are planning to stay at the Shalimar again this year since we know the location from past stays and are staying in the same room that we did in 1978. We will bring pictures of opur previous stays for their bulliten board and we can't wait.

Room Tip: We will be in a effeciency room since my daughter is bringing her 2 daughters ages 3 & 9 month o...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Anne B
Hillsborough, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I go to Wildwood every summer with my family and we always stay at the Park Lane. I went last summer with my friends, and the Park Lane had no availability, and they had a rule about being 25 (a lot of motels do around there). The Shalimar doesn't, which is nice.

However, our room was very very small. Beds were comfortable, there was a tv. It's a very basic motel. And after staying at the Park Lane which is also a motel, The Shalimar doesn't really compare in my opinion. It was clean, but some of the appliances and stuff were old. I mean let's be honest, The Shalimar is a basic motel - which is exactly what you will get if you stay here. You will fee like you are in a basic motel. I think there are better places to stay in Wildwood.

I didn't hate it here, and I'm not going to say I would NEVER stay here again, but I would definitely pick other places over this one.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank slhannold
We are a family friendly motel in the Crest. We have numerous amenities that many of the motels/hotels in our area are unable to offer. Since we completed a total renovation less than 10 years ago, we are able to offer our guests central air conditioning and heat, free wireless internet, a complete fitness center, 1, 2, &3 Bedroom Townhouse units, jacuzzi tubs, miniture golf for kids, and we are one of the few properties that maintain a diving board and slide in our pool area. You may have stayed in one of the few small rooms that we offer, which are preferred by some of our guests because they are often more affordable than our larger units and Townhouse units.