All reviews private bedroom summer vacation large pool view of the ocean next year staying at this hotel yankee clipper flat screen the jersey shore family vacation many years great vacation pools boardwalk game nj stove
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Great view and access to the beach! While the hotel is not brand new, this is true for most of Wildwood. We have been coming to area for over 20 years and the beach cannot be beat! BH has been better maintained than many other places we have stayed at and was very clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Pool area is very good for kids- there is a concession area and game room as well as several kiddie depth pools. Coffee shop offers good coffee and breakfast with a nice view.

Room Tip: Water pressure always seems to be a problem in Wildwood with hotels on uppermost floors.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Just spend the yearly family vacation in Wildwood Crest at the Bal Harbour. Great hotel. Right on the beach. Pool is really good. Cafe downstairs is delicious and has a poolside window. The room was spacious and plenty of room for 3 people. Kitchen efficiency is the way to go since you get a microwave and the medium size fridge. We were on the 3rd floor in the sailfish bldg and I was able to take hot showers each day of my stay at any time of the day. Air conditioning in the room was fully operational and kept the place as cool as you want it to be.

The only minor complaint I had was that the mattress was not the greatest. We knew 2 other families staying at the hotel and they seemed to have must better mattresses.

Overall the place gets a 9/10. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Let's get one thing straight. This isn't a brand new hotel. But we found so many good features that will lock in our stay for next year. 1. Our private balcony overlooking the pool had a beautiful ocean view with plenty of sun all day. 2. The room was very large (2 beds) and had 2 bathroom sinks! 3. The "adult" pool was large and very well maintained with plenty of chairs. 4. The hotel is right on the beach. 5. We were close to Cape May, Wildwood, and Stone Harbor. 6. The restaurant serves good tasting coffee. 7. The mattress was very comfortable. 8. From the front desk to housekeeping, all of the staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

We have been staying at BH for about 7 years now and I refuse to stay anywhere else. I love the location and the pool. I've gotten used to the low toilets, hard towels and low water pressure because hey I'm at the beach and I've learned to bring my own towels!

We usually book well in advance but this year the option to break up the mid week special was no longer available so we decided to roll the dice and see if we could luck up on a decent room. My husband worked his magic and managed to get the last room (so they said) for 2 nights and then another for the remainder of our stay. Upon entering the 1st room I began to pout. It was the room right above the entrance to the garage (round balcony) zero view and beyond dated. Room had no coffee maker and a dirty black tub. We immediately had to call for maintenance as the toilet was not flushing. We were told that this room rarely gets booked unless it's the last one available. My thought on that is if it has the potential to be booked why not upgrade it so that the people that stay in it don't feel like peasants. Cant do anything about the view but the wicker faced cabinets need to go!
We settled in and outside of the aesthetics we enjoyed ourselves. As promised the morning of our move to the next room we were assisted with transporting our belongings.

I will continue to return to BH but will work harder to convince the hubby to book in advance to avoid my initial disappointment.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I am very disappointed with the way in which the front desk, in particular Julie, handled our return visit this year. Every year we come here we book in advance, at least 3-4 months, and we always have a kitchenette. This year upon entering the room we did not have the kitchenette, and the only way we were accommodated was not being charged a cancellation fee after a 5 hour drive with a one year old. To say the least I will not be returning for fifteen years to come until Bal Harbour learns how to handle their massive guest load. Every year the arcade games are broken but still take your money, and the towels are the toughest and roughest I’ve had in a hotel that charges $200/night. So to say the least I am very disappointed in the manner in which this matter was handled. They took no consideration for the fact that we come back every year and this year brought the newest addition to our family, but we will not be back. Thank you for treating us like a dollar sign instead of a guest.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank kmvo11
WWCBeach, General Manager at Bal Harbour Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

It’s unfortunate that as a long term happy guest after one small hiccup that you state you will not return . Hopefully One day you will. We feel we offer tremendous value to our guests.