“Winter In Wildwood”

Ranked #100 of 167 Restaurants in Wildwood
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 22
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Corner Garfield & Pacific
Transit: N/A
Description: Freshly made authentic Mexican American cuisine... and the most extensive tequila and margarita menu at the Jersey Shore!
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Even this time of year, it was possible to get a good meal in Wildwood. It was Monday after Christmas but we were treated special.

Reviewed 5 December 2011

Loved this restaurant! Had dinner there while we were on vacation, and were a bit worried about taking our 9-year-old there. It looked kind of like a more "mature" place from the outside, but on the inside, the atmosphere is fine for a family. Great menu, great food. Service was good, too. Prices not low, but not exorbitant for what you get, either. Would eat there again in a hearbeat.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Food is delicious, drinks are awesome, and service is always wonderful! We always visit Juan Pablos whenever my friends and I are in town.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Glad I went here last night, my server (Howard) gave me a card for this website and I find it quite interesting. I went to Juan Pablos with my girlfriends last night for my birthday. We were warmly greeted as soon as we walked in and within a couple minutes we each had a drink in our hands and were trying to decide what we wanted to eat. Our server walked up to us and asked if we needed help deciding on appetizers. He was very helpful and even gave us a menu from the adjoining restaurant to see if we wanted anything off of the seafood menu. He ended up making a great suggestion on the "firecracker shrimp". Anyway, I would not have even bothered leaving a review about this restaurant until I had used their restroom facility which was in the adjoining sea food restaurant we had just ordered our appetizer from. As I was walking to the restroom I overhear the manager talking to the bartender and saying some not so flattering words about our server. As I come out of the bathroom he is still ranting about it in the middle of the room within earshot of a couple tables, the bar, and me going to use the facilities. I thought it was funny because my girlfriend's and I had mentioned a few times about how nice and good his service was. After I heard this rant I watched my server with his other tables. He drew smiles from every table he was serving and was the only person working the floor in the entire place. The next time he came to our table to check up on us I asked him what the manager's name was at the bar. He went on to tell me that was the owner and I nearly flipped my lid. He asked me if everything was okay because he was thinking I was going to complain about something, I told him that nothing was wrong and that he was doing a great job. I bit my tongue and refrained telling him why I was asking, though I could tell he knew why I was asking. So I am rating this restaurant as average solely because of how the owner talks about his only staff. It's a shame that a hard worker with a great personality can't be appreciated and I hope he realizes that he deserves better. Our experience for the most part was fantastic. The service was great, drinks were great, food was great, and the price was reasonable for it being one of the few places in Wildwood still open. The owner left a bad taste in my mouth, thankfully I don't have to work for him. I hope that his staff is aware of that as well. On a closing note as my girlfriends and I walked down the street to our car, our server was nice enough to remember and wish me a happy birthday before we were gone for the night. Nice touch!

1  Thank LuannD_11
Reviewed 10 November 2011

My husband and I were looking for somewhere fun while visiting friends at the shore.
I look for atmosphere while food is most important to my husband. Juan Pablos had both.
thank you to Oliver - friendly conversation and we liked the suggestions you made for dinner. I recommend the frozen mango margarita. And be sure to order some of the "warm" nachos and salsa while you decide what to have for dinner. Both our dinners were really good and so was dessert. I would recommend the next time you're in Wildwood you give Juan's a try. You won't be disappointed.