“Cancelled my reservation”

Ranked #22 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
“Cancelled my reservation”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The manager called me 5 days before to cancel my reservation, apparently my business was not wanted. Totally unprofessional!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank maryanns34
denisepalek, General Manager at Esplanade Suites, a Sundance Vacations Resort, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Marianne again i am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused to your family.
Everyone makes mistakes and admitting to them is ethical. Providing a solution prior to notifying the guests about the error is professional.
When i re-confirmed the error (unfortunately a computer glitch) I immediately did the leg work to find you compatable accomodations, and I did. I also negotiated a large discount for you from the new hotel manager. Because i was sincerely sorry that you were not staying with us and wanted you to have the opportunity to let us make you feel like part of our family and know WHY your fellow tripadvisor.com members write such positive comments about the Esplanade Suites, myself and my #1 Team is because we care. More importantly i offered you a Free 2 night stay of your choice to get to experience what all the tripadvisor.com's comments are about and you declined that offer. So again i wrote you and apologized and told you that the offer still stands and we hope to see you in the future. This weekend should be great weather and from all of us here at the Esplanade Suites we wish you a Fun Filled stay in our town. Again I am personally responsible and i am sincerely sorry.
Denise
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My family and I are very happy with our choice to stay at esplanade suites. Clean rooms. The place is close to the beach and boardwalk. The staff made great suggestions for places to eat. The maintenance staff fixed our one minor issue very quickly. The manager, Denise, made us feel welcome from the moment we showed up. We would stay there again, and suggest the you give this place a chance.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Psu1515
Thankyou so very much for such nice comments, we do appreciate them and your business.
We love when we get guests that make our job effortless and you are one of those guests.
Thankyou and call to re-book your next stay with us and ask for our specials.
Thanks Again
Denise
Jessup, Maryland
Reviewed 12 March 2012

It was such a good place to stay at Esplanade suits. Denise the manager is excellent, we were supposed to arrive at 8pm but we weren't there until 10 pm and we found Denise waiting for us. the rooms were clean and the kitchen had everything we needed. We are planning to visit again in summer. I would recommend to people visiting Wild wood to stay at Esplanade suit

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank akazako
For being such a fun loving person and a pleasure & delight to speak with.
We all here at the Esplanade Suites are looking forward to having you stay with us again.
Please call ahead and ask for our special deals.
Thanks Again
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I had a very nice time at the Esplande Suites in Wildwood nj. I would recommend it highly. the room was clean, bright and cheery. the people who worked there were very nice and helpful
Sue McTamney

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sue M
Thank you for all of your compliments, we appreciate them and your business. We go above and beyond other hotels with our welcome letters and gifts, then we mail thankyou cards for staying these are just extra little touches to let you know we do really appreciate you.
Thank you again.
Milford, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed in a room with a single double bed. It was the cheapest, but for 2 people was perfect. Denise called me on my way down to find out what time I would be arriving, and also to let me know that the room I booked was just that, a double bed with no sitting area. It was great that she called me and warned me, even though I was perfectly okay with that because it was in my price range. We only stayed one night, but will be back the next time we take a trip to Wildwood.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a budget friendly room and less concerned about space, try booking a room wit...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank southernerbyheart
denisepalek, General Manager at Esplanade Suites, a Sundance Vacations Resort, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you for all of your kind words and i'm glad you appreciated my phone call to you about the size of the room. That is our small room that sleeps 2 people and i always confirm with the guests to make sure that it meets their needs. We definitely want happy guests and now you are one of our guests thatwant to return, please ask for me when you re-book.
Thankyou again