Caprice Motel
Ranked #62 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We had to go to Wildwood for a cheer competition on April 15th. We were so hesitant because of the reviews you read about the different hotels/motels in Wildwood. We were so happy when we got to The Caprice because it was very clean. Even the shower was clean.
The woman in the office Joann could not have been any more accomodating. So sweet and she even helped us out with a scavenger hunt we were doing.
I would definitely recommend this motel to anyone that is staying in Wildwood. It is also so close to the boardwalk and the convention center. The Caprice gets two thumbs up from me and my family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jenn c

Reviewed 22 February 2012

We were there in October for the 50's week-end. The same stain has been in the sink for several years. They have old TV's, old bedding (I would hate to take the sheets off) there has been no up-grading. The staff is very nice, but they don't own the motel. I would like to know if the owners of this property would stay there themselves. My guess would be probably not. The cost is not cheap. You are charged top dollar for a very old motel. It would be better to stay in Ocean City and drive to Wildwood for any event Wildwood might be having!!

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first and check really check it out!
Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Eileen R
Joan M, Manager at Caprice Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

We are not sure what room they are talking about but every sink is cleaned on daily basis. To best of our knowledge we did not see any significant stains. They are not flat TV's, but they are 23 inches TV's with a great picture. We never had any complaints about beds and maids clean the rooms and change sheets on a daily basis.

It is also worth mentioning that we now have tiled floors in every room of the hotel for the 2012 season. We have also repainted the interiors of our rooms for the 2012 season. We have plans to further renovate our hotel during upcoming offseasons.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

My 1st experience @ the Caprice was enjoyable, "it is a shore motel". I had "NO" problems. The staff treated me with respect, they were very pleasant, professional, and helped me with everything I needed help with.
Some people think that other people should treat them as if they are "Special", without giving back the same respect. The N.J. Shore prices are like any other "Resort" town, the prices are higher during different seasons and during diferent parts of the week. As does the rates @ the Caprice Motel.
My room was on the second floor, it was clean, the bed was comfortable, when I woke up I felt great. This room had 2 full size beds. One in the front room and separated by the bathroom was the 2nd one, it had an appropriate size refrigerator.
I am returning this June 2012, to partake in the annual VFW Convention, and I will be staying @ the Capice again. As a matter of fact, I am writing my deposit check right after I finish this review.
Bob L
Mercerville, N.J.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert L

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we also appreciate you taking the time coming on this website and providing us feedback. We will be happy to have you back again this year.

We would also like to mention that we have tiled all of our hotel rooms and have replaced all of the carpet we had last season. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

It was your typical motel, well, at least it was exactly how I think 'motels' should be and we were fine, two huge beds, the room was clean, we had the same coffee pot experience as some of the other reviewers and that is a bit manky but we washed it and got over it pretty quickly! Plenty of towels and chairs outside the room to hang out in the evening, the pool was very clean, seemed to be cleaned every morning. Its in a great location within 2 mins of the boardwalk etc and parking is included. Its not a luxury resort but it was clean and the staff seemed friendly,

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank t-c67
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights at the Caprice motel. It was during the Wildwood roar to the shore so we paid a pricey amount for our room. Our bed was so hard that we did not sleep well at all. We slept in the Kind size bed and tried out the queen in the front room. It was just as hard. I do not think these mattresses were changed since the 1970s. Terrible. By the time we drove home for 7 hours, we were sleep deprived and aching severely all over. We did not party so this was not the issue. Unfortunately we could not get our money back for the stay so had no choice but to stick it out. Beware. There are much more comfortable and more reasonable places to stay in Wildwood. The location and the parking were great. The rest, not so good. Cleanliness was a bit short also.

Room Tip: If you like to camp and sleep on the ground, then you will be ok.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rncsue

We change mattresses as often as nessecary and we place bed foams on beds to make customer's sleep more comfortably if requested. Our rooms are cleaned on a daily basis and we provide extra towels and sheets if requested.

I would also like to mention that we really appreciate customer feedback during a person's stay. If customers come to the front desk with concerns, we are able to respond to their concerns immediately if possible.