“Extremely Happy - Helpful Owners”
Review of Le Voyageur Motel

and 1 more site!
Le Voyageur Motel
Ranked #14 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Extremely Happy - Helpful Owners”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I found Le Voyageur Motel using Trip Advisor after reading the reviews. We had a family wedding in the area and needed a reasonably priced nice place to stay for the weekend. The owners took the time to answer my questions when I called, even though they were preparing to evacuate for the late summer hurricane. We arrived late and the owners were very polite and helpful. I have trouble sleeping with my husband's snoring - but the 2 room unit was perfect! The bathroom was very clean. It was a short walk to the boardwalk. I would highly recommend the Le Voyageur motel to others.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank spedldy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stay in Wildwood every year and where we normally stay was booked up so we came to Le Voyageur. We normally stay in the Crest, so it was a nice change to be closer to the Boardwalk. The owners are very helpful and nice and it had the cleanest bathroom I have ever seen.

Pool was nice and clean; room was a little dated, but fine.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank yaytofu
Little Falls, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Picked Le Voyageur site unseen for weekend stay for a Festival at Fox Park - wanted a motel within walking distance from the park - used the computer to come up with several motels - viewed the website for Le Voyageur and booked it - was very pleased with everything about the motel - the owners, the room, clean - roomy - wonderful bathroom - just like at home - loved the pool - to cool to go in - parking, hospitality room - coffee, tea, and hot chocalate which was wonderful the day we left since it was so cold out - easy walk to Fox Park and to the beach and boardwalk - Highly Recommend!

Room Tip: had room overlooking the pool - second floor - room was large and roomy
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kathy s
Albany, NY
Reviewed 13 September 2011

First, I'd like address the "not worth the money spent" review a few down the page. I have been coming to Wildwood since 1963 (as a child) and my wife and I have been coming together since 1988. You would be hard pressed to find a better "bang for your buck" motel than LeVoyaguer. Wildwood is a unique, almost time capsule place, with very few chain motels, and like I said you won't find much better combo of room cleanliness, owner hospitality and price than this motel.

My wife and I stayed at Levoyaguer in early July. Unfortunately my wife was diagnosed with cancer 2 days before we were scheduled to leave. We made the decision to go any way understanding the real possibility of having to shorten our trip if we could see the oncologist sooner. We communicated this to owners Dennis and Grace and they were very understanding and said they would "work with us" if had to leave early. We did not.
Our room was clean and well maintained, and Dennis and Grace were attentive when we requested things. The one thing I sensed right away, was the community feel of the motel. This was obviously coming from people who return year after year, and before our stay was over, we felt that we were a part of that community. I had stayed at 10 different motels in Wildwood over the last 23 years and this is the first that had that type of feel. I really don't think I need to try my 11th, I have found my place. The weather was great for the week, it rained only once for about 30 minutes just after we left the beach for the day, All in all, given the circumstances, it was a great vacation. I know Dennis reads these reviews,this message is for him. Dennis, we are from upstate NY and stayed 7/10-7/14. My wife will be in treatment until the end of the year and her initial prognosis is encouraging. We look forward to coming down to stay if not in 2012, then certainly the year after and hope to see you and Grace keeping things running great.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeff_2343
Sewell, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Beautiful, very-very clean rooms, friendly staff, very accommodating owners, close to the beach.....great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends