“Great Place for a Quick, Inexpensive Bite & Dodge Balls are Delicious”
Review of Alumni Grill

Alumni Grill
Ranked #48 of 161 Restaurants in Wildwood
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Alumni Grill is a specialty sandwich shop located in downtown Wildwood. Our menu includes gourmet salads, burgers, panini, wraps, & daily dinner specials. We pride ourselves in using fresh ingredients and preparing every item to order. When the summer gets too hot, we can cool you down with a thick milk shake or float at our milk shake bar. Alumni Grill is the perfect place for all ages. Come in and see!
Clifton Park, New York
“Great Place for a Quick, Inexpensive Bite & Dodge Balls are Delicious”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I brought home an Alumni Grill menu from my Wildwood vacation last year and was dying to try some of the things on it so one day we decided to call in a takeout order for our group. Everyone loved it!!! My cousin and I couldn't decide between the mashed potato burger, deep fried hot dog and dodge balls so we ordered all three and split them. The mashed potato burger (a burger on a roll topped with mashed potatoes and gravy) was pretty good, but a little dry. If I had known, I would have asked for a cup of gravy on the side for dipping. The deep fried hot dog was okay, but not at all as good as I was anticipating and the dodge balls were delicious and a really good value for $3. My husband got an order of super wedges (potato wedges covered with bacon and cheese with a cup of sour cream for dipping). It was a huge order of wedges, but only one small cup of sour cream. If you like to dip, you may want to ask for extra sour cream because we ran out well before the wedges were gone. While you can eat in this place, we enjoyed it as a takeout dinner. The Alumni Grill has big portions for low prices and lots of yummy and different menu options. Definitely try this place!

• Visited July 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Poconos, PA
“Enjoyed this new place!”
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Went here based on reviews and happy we did. We ordered take out and they delivered to our hotel. My husband got the Jekyll & Hyde Cheesesteak which is half beef and half chicken and it came wiht the special Jekyll sauce... it was delicious and it had a good amount of meat in it. I got the Exchange Student which is a wrap of grilled chicken breast wiht veggies and goat cheese... it was tasty. I woud add a little salt to it but overall it was very good. My sons got the kids cheeseburger which was a good size and the chicken fingers were very good also. The potato wedges were made well. My husband ordered the deep fried hot dog with had cheese layered in the hot dog, it was wrapped in bacon, battered and deep fried... I only had a bit but that was a good bite! We will definitely order again next year.

• Visited June 2011
Virginia
“Surprisingly Pleased!”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

My daughter picked this restaurant to eat at and I had my reservations. Boy....was I wrong!! The food was delicious....with somewhat a gourmet flair. Had a huge variety. I got the exchange student wrap, grilled chicken with goat cheese, roasted red peppers that was OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD!!! My husband got the Hekyll and Jeykll steak sub. He couldn't eat it all - it was so big. My daughter got a buffalo chicken wrap, that she really enjoyed. Steak fries on the side with a delicious jalapeno sauce. Would recommend this place to anyone. Truly a hidden treasure! Service is a little slow, but everything is made hot and fresh to order...so we gladly looked over that. And if you don't know what you want....they are more than willing to help you decide and offer suggestions.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank zanne43
Englishtown, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Informal with a broad selection”
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We ate here a couple of times while in Wildwood and it was a good experience both times. The Menu is very broad-a vegetarian or person with religious diet restrictions could easily find something to please them here. The decor is retro with lots of reverence to the local schools which I really liked. The food was delicious. I had a cheese steak and the crab burger with fries and it was delicious without being greasy. The location is a bit away from the boardwalk attractions but I think that it was an advantage as it gave us and our young kids some quiet time to wind down together. Everyone in my family liked it here.

• Visited May 2011
Philadelphia, PA
“Delicious and innovative!”
Reviewed 5 June 2011

The Alumni Grill offers something for everyone: fresh, delicious, innovative sandwiches, salads, burgers and steak sandwiches. There are also vegetarian selections available. My favorite sandwich is the Valedictorian wrap: grilled chicken breast, avocado, tomato, red onion, roasted red pepper, cucumbers & cilantro lime mayonnaise. Eat in if you have the chance, and enjoy the dining area that is decorated with various high school memorabilia. I have also had my order delivered and they were very prompt and pleasant. If you are tired of fast food, but still prefer informal dining, Alumni Grill is the perfect place.

• Visited May 2011