“Very clean & friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tide Winds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wildwood
Tide Winds Motel
Ranked #39 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
“Very clean & friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

A great place to stay @ a good value. Your pet will love being with you.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Jmjr62
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cedarville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

Just had a great weekend at the Tidewinds for firemen's weekend. Reading some of the complaints here from Pandora and others. I have to disagree with them. The hotel is old and average but clean. The parking???? It's firemens weekend.......get there early. You have rooms with firemen sleeping 3 or 4 deep. They carpool but with my company having 20 some guys there the spots will go fast. The hotel is in the middle of everything and Connie does her best for you. She puts up with alot of stuff on firemen's weekend and she goes above and beyond to keep people happy. We have been going here for firemen's weekend since 1974 and even with the condo's springing up we will be here many more to come. The maids do a great job and the beds and bathrooms are kept clean. See ya next year Connie.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank scrappy17
Cedarville, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

We checked into the TideWinds on a Thursday afternoon for the Firemans Convention. The first thing I noticed was that the room was old, but clean. The comfortors had cigarette burns in them, the lock on the door was a beast to open, when you turn the heater on it smells like someone burned dinner and the toilet doesnt always flush. Oh did I mention that the bathroom door didnt shut and the sliding windows (note no exhaust fan) almost fell out when you opened them? All of this paled in comparison to the parking problem. They issue a pass to park in the lot when you check in but no parking enforcment seems to exsist. People who weren't guests were in the lot, some people were purposfully taking up multiple spaces and when we complained to management about it we were told that we could park in a lot around the corner. Um hello? How about booting the people who AREN'T paying guests of the motel? The only good thing I can say about this place is that Cookie the maid does a wonderful job sanitizing.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

This motel is average at best if not poor. I rated it average due to the age of the motel; it is old and worn. After complaining about our first room due to smelling smokey they changed us to another room which turned out to be ok. The second room smelled much better and appeared clean at first. They considered it a renovated room but the bathroom fixtures were old and the carpet was filthy. Some of the good features were that the refrigerator and microwave were spotless and Connie in the office provided great service. We did not use the pool but it did not look inviting at all. It is very small and the water looks very cloudy and dirty overall. The one bedroom unit was very old and worn down.

Overall I would not recommend staying at this motel if you are accustomed to staying at newer cleaner accommodations. If you cannot find any other motels then the Tide Winds will do if you are in a jam. I never felt comfortable there.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

The only positive thing I can say is that the location is great. One block away from the beach/boardwalk. We stayed during beach blast and the nightly rate was less then most other hotels.
When checking in, I was not expecting a 5-star hotel - its wildwood, almost all the hotels here are older and need some updating.
When I walked into the room I was shocked how disgusting it was! I almost had tears - but there wasnt much to do as we were on a budget and all hotels were booked for this event.
The table and chairs were so old - the table cover looked like something my great grandmother had (plastic, really ugly colors). The dressers had dust all over them. There was saw dust all over the floor - aparently they had to sand the door a little so it would close properly and never vaccuumed. We found out it was saw dust because we had someone come to the room to fix our fridge and he noticed the pile of dust.
I cant say much about the bed room since I didnt sleep in there. I slept on the couch each night.
I never even once thought about using the kitchen - I can honestly say I didnt even check out the dishes as I know I would never think about using them.
The bathroom - absolutely nasty! I cringe just thinking about it. I used bottled water to brush my teeth. The tub was all dirty/moldy. The towel rack was broke - one side of the rack was ripped/broke off the wall. The hotel didnt even think about fixing this?!
Also you have to PAY for ice...
The location was great - but never ever again will my family stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family