All reviews front desk room was clean regional airport starbucks coffee nice hotel frequent stays bear in mind standard amenities bistro staff check in was a breeze reasonable rates overnight stay close proximity east hanover main road corporate headquarters a great place to stay
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Just okay example of this Marriott favorite. The Lobby/Cafe areas have been updated but the rooms are a little stale, and could do with an update. Ample parking in a good location for local businesses, but more elevators would be good!.

Room Tip: end rooms upper floor
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Marriott charges so much for its flag that its hotels are too broke to invest money to bring them up to current day standards. This hotel is no different than the other three courtyards I have stayed in during the past month. The lobby is new and the rest of the hotel is gross. The carpets are probably 20 years old and smell. They are frayed and ugly too. The rooms are beaten up and not up to current standards. The air conditioner was so loud I could hear it down the hallway. Truly a disappointment. Marriott is off my list of acceptable hotels.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
HanoverCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hanover Whippany, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely apologize in your disappointment during your recent stay. It is our goal that all our guest have a positive experience when staying with us and we clearly did not meet our goals. We take your feedback to heart and use it as a tool to better improve our products and service.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you do try us again if your travels find you in the area so that we may better serve you.

Dan Santiago

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

The room was clean and adequate. We could hear others in adjacent rooms, but it was ok as we didn't have any unruly neighbors. Four stars only though, because the fitness center was pretty disgusting. It smells like a moldy basement, and if that's not enough to make you vomit, the equipment looks like it has never been cleaned. We decided we'd try the Planet Fitness down the street if we felt like working out again. No other complaints though. If you're not planning on using the hotel gym, this place should be just fine.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for about a week while in the area for work. Upon check-in the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I had previously inquired about upgrading my room from two double beds to a king size bed and was able to do so upon arrival.

The front desk staff were also very helpful when I was trying to find local area restaurants to order takeout from as well as eat-in restaurants. Although there is free coffee provided in the rooms should you desire a Starbucks beverage there is a Starbucks in the lobby of this hotel as well as a bistro where you can pick up various food items.

The rooms are clean and very comfortable. My only real complaint with this property is just the airplane noise with it being so close to Executive / Regional Airport right nearby but that's just part of the territory. So if you are looking for a more quiet location, then this may not be the hotel for you.

This hotel could use a more well-lit/higher placed sign and more lighting around the hotel's perimeter, especially at night. I almost drove right past the hotel and two others I know mentioned the same thing upon arriving here.

There are various restaurants in the area and the hotel is within 30 minutes of the Newark Airport which is also a plus. If in the area again I would have no issues staying here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Pro: we were upgraded to a king suite given our platinum Elite status

Cons: world smallest bathroom with tired fixtures, poorly patched tile in the shower. Incompetent housekeeping. I do tip daily. And I asked for extra bath towels and some extra creamer and sugar. Got NO extra towels. No creamer sugar. NO coffee cups in room. Went to lobby. NO complementary coffee at all. Starbucks at Starbucks prices. And charges $300 per night??? This old place should $150 tops at best. There is a Marriott and a Hilton and a Hampton Inn. Go to any of those. Not this place

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Ernie B,

We sincerely apologize for your experience during your recent stay. We pride ourselves in service delivery to our guest and we certainly did not deliver exceptional service to you. We appreciate your feedback and are addressing the necessary departments to insure that this was an isolated issue.

Again, please accept our apologies and if you are ever in the neighborhood again I ask that you give us another opportunity to better serve you.

Dan