All reviews front desk room was clean regional airport starbucks coffee frequent stays bear in mind standard amenities check in was a breeze nice hotel reasonable rates overnight stay close proximity main road corporate headquarters east hanover drew university next morning
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

The room was clean and adequate. We could hear others in adjacent rooms, but it was ok as we didn't have any unruly neighbors. Four stars only though, because the fitness center was pretty disgusting. It smells like a moldy basement, and if that's not enough to make you vomit, the equipment looks like it has never been cleaned. We decided we'd try the Planet Fitness down the street if we felt like working out again. No other complaints though. If you're not planning on using the hotel gym, this place should be just fine.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for about a week while in the area for work. Upon check-in the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I had previously inquired about upgrading my room from two double beds to a king size bed and was able to do so upon arrival.

The front desk staff were also very helpful when I was trying to find local area restaurants to order takeout from as well as eat-in restaurants. Although there is free coffee provided in the rooms should you desire a Starbucks beverage there is a Starbucks in the lobby of this hotel as well as a bistro where you can pick up various food items.

The rooms are clean and very comfortable. My only real complaint with this property is just the airplane noise with it being so close to Executive / Regional Airport right nearby but that's just part of the territory. So if you are looking for a more quiet location, then this may not be the hotel for you.

This hotel could use a more well-lit/higher placed sign and more lighting around the hotel's perimeter, especially at night. I almost drove right past the hotel and two others I know mentioned the same thing upon arriving here.

There are various restaurants in the area and the hotel is within 30 minutes of the Newark Airport which is also a plus. If in the area again I would have no issues staying here.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Pro: we were upgraded to a king suite given our platinum Elite status

Cons: world smallest bathroom with tired fixtures, poorly patched tile in the shower. Incompetent housekeeping. I do tip daily. And I asked for extra bath towels and some extra creamer and sugar. Got NO extra towels. No creamer sugar. NO coffee cups in room. Went to lobby. NO complementary coffee at all. Starbucks at Starbucks prices. And charges $300 per night??? This old place should $150 tops at best. There is a Marriott and a Hilton and a Hampton Inn. Go to any of those. Not this place

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HanoverCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hanover Whippany, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Ernie B,

We sincerely apologize for your experience during your recent stay. We pride ourselves in service delivery to our guest and we certainly did not deliver exceptional service to you. We appreciate your feedback and are addressing the necessary departments to insure that this was an isolated issue.

Again, please accept our apologies and if you are ever in the neighborhood again I ask that you give us another opportunity to better serve you.

Dan

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I stay here from time to time when visiting my corporate headquarters for work. It is convenient and not too far from Newark airport (about 30 minutes) - just being about a 15 min drive to office helps as well.

Check in was a breeze and I was settled in on the 3rd floor. Large room with all the standard amenities. Wish their work desk and end tables had more plug points. It is a older building so putting all the devices to charge is a little bit of a hassle.

They have free parking. Also a bistro open for breakfast and dinner - which is pretty convenient. Didn't use the gym / pool.
The coffee and condiments for the coffee in my hotel room were old. As soon as I added the creamer to my coffee it spoilt. Must have been an old batch,

Convenient hotel for business travelers - nothing nearby of interest for family vacation - limited restaurants in the vicinity.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ShankerB
Reviewed 22 August 2017

This feels overpriced as a hotel, that is: tired, no safe, at the end of a runway that starts at 4am, no water in rooms. So best avoided even if near the office. The staff are pleasant, it is clean and does have free wifi.

Room tip: away from the runway
Date of stay: August 2017