All reviews front desk room was clean regional airport starbucks coffee nice hotel frequent stays bear in mind standard amenities bistro staff reasonable rates overnight stay check in was a breeze close proximity east hanover main road corporate headquarters a great place to stay
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Pro: we were upgraded to a king suite given our platinum Elite status

Cons: world smallest bathroom with tired fixtures, poorly patched tile in the shower. Incompetent housekeeping. I do tip daily. And I asked for extra bath towels and some extra creamer and sugar. Got NO extra towels. No creamer sugar. NO coffee cups in room. Went to lobby. NO complementary coffee at all. Starbucks at Starbucks prices. And charges $300 per night??? This old place should $150 tops at best. There is a Marriott and a Hilton and a Hampton Inn. Go to any of those. Not this place

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
HanoverCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hanover Whippany, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Ernie B,

We sincerely apologize for your experience during your recent stay. We pride ourselves in service delivery to our guest and we certainly did not deliver exceptional service to you. We appreciate your feedback and are addressing the necessary departments to insure that this was an isolated issue.

Again, please accept our apologies and if you are ever in the neighborhood again I ask that you give us another opportunity to better serve you.

Dan

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I stay here from time to time when visiting my corporate headquarters for work. It is convenient and not too far from Newark airport (about 30 minutes) - just being about a 15 min drive to office helps as well.

Check in was a breeze and I was settled in on the 3rd floor. Large room with all the standard amenities. Wish their work desk and end tables had more plug points. It is a older building so putting all the devices to charge is a little bit of a hassle.

They have free parking. Also a bistro open for breakfast and dinner - which is pretty convenient. Didn't use the gym / pool.
The coffee and condiments for the coffee in my hotel room were old. As soon as I added the creamer to my coffee it spoilt. Must have been an old batch,

Convenient hotel for business travelers - nothing nearby of interest for family vacation - limited restaurants in the vicinity.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Shanker B
Reviewed 22 August 2017

This feels overpriced as a hotel, that is: tired, no safe, at the end of a runway that starts at 4am, no water in rooms. So best avoided even if near the office. The staff are pleasant, it is clean and does have free wifi.

Room Tip: away from the runway
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2017

This hotel is great! Easy to get to a couple miles off the highway, and easy to find. Stayed for a night in a suite. First, the bed is SOOOOOOOO comfortable as the first time I ever stayed in a Courtyard recently before this hotel. I will keep looking for Courtyards now, the sleep is amazing! Anyway, the room is clean, not 1 trace of housekeeping missing anything during cleaning. Clean linen and furniture. I highly recommend anyone, to get the courtyard view, where you can sit outside and enjoy the weather. This hotel even has these ducks walking around the courtyard that will come by and say hi. Seemed like they were trying to grab my feet but cute nonetheless.

The check in process easy peasy. Utilized the app for check in and check out, and set the wake up call. Everything worked perfect. It was like the hotel can run automated without a human! Gotta love the Marriotts as I have come to pledge my loyalty to Marriott properties when everything falls in my favor.

The tvs seem a little glitchy as does the internet, not sure if it's just because of the area this property is located or it's internet network issues and cable reception issues.

Also don't be surprised if you stay at the property and feel the hallways are COLDER than usual compared to other hotels. It may be a issue with the A/C in trying to get the temperature just right. With how cold they were, one would think it's 95-100 outside, when it was only about 80.

Room Tip: Courtyard view room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Pick another hotel. The web site driving directions have been wrong for a year. They leave you on the wrong side of the highway and you have to go several miles to turn around. Not fun in the dark. The hotel desk said the address used is the mailing address and gave us the physical address. I did not know google provides mailing addresses. At midnight, used the bathroom. There was no toilet paper-how does that happen? And the sink took forever to drain and hair floated into the sink. I reported this to the desk and received a barely sympathetic response.

Room Tip: go elsewhere or call for accurate directions
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
HanoverCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hanover Whippany, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard Hanover Whippany.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for no meeting your expectations. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Whippany.