All reviews front desk room was clean regional airport starbucks coffee nice hotel frequent stays bear in mind standard amenities bistro staff reasonable rates overnight stay check in was a breeze close proximity east hanover main road corporate headquarters a great place to stay
Reviewed 1 August 2017

This hotel is great! Easy to get to a couple miles off the highway, and easy to find. Stayed for a night in a suite. First, the bed is SOOOOOOOO comfortable as the first time I ever stayed in a Courtyard recently before this hotel. I will keep looking for Courtyards now, the sleep is amazing! Anyway, the room is clean, not 1 trace of housekeeping missing anything during cleaning. Clean linen and furniture. I highly recommend anyone, to get the courtyard view, where you can sit outside and enjoy the weather. This hotel even has these ducks walking around the courtyard that will come by and say hi. Seemed like they were trying to grab my feet but cute nonetheless.

The check in process easy peasy. Utilized the app for check in and check out, and set the wake up call. Everything worked perfect. It was like the hotel can run automated without a human! Gotta love the Marriotts as I have come to pledge my loyalty to Marriott properties when everything falls in my favor.

The tvs seem a little glitchy as does the internet, not sure if it's just because of the area this property is located or it's internet network issues and cable reception issues.

Also don't be surprised if you stay at the property and feel the hallways are COLDER than usual compared to other hotels. It may be a issue with the A/C in trying to get the temperature just right. With how cold they were, one would think it's 95-100 outside, when it was only about 80.

Room Tip: Courtyard view room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Pick another hotel. The web site driving directions have been wrong for a year. They leave you on the wrong side of the highway and you have to go several miles to turn around. Not fun in the dark. The hotel desk said the address used is the mailing address and gave us the physical address. I did not know google provides mailing addresses. At midnight, used the bathroom. There was no toilet paper-how does that happen? And the sink took forever to drain and hair floated into the sink. I reported this to the desk and received a barely sympathetic response.

Room Tip: go elsewhere or call for accurate directions
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
HanoverCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hanover Whippany, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard Hanover Whippany.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for no meeting your expectations. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Whippany.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Visited many times. Has maintained its quality, clean, spacious rooms with decent amenities. Check in out easy and check out was smooth. Did not use the cafe, a local diner was a better choice. The East Hanover diner nearby was good for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We've stayed here many times and while they could use some updating in the rooms, the incredible staff service brings us back every time. Some specific people we would like to especially recognize are: Dan (general manager), Kaitlin, Amy, Lindsay, and Amanda. Thank you for making our stay homey and so comfortable. It is what we want when away from home. And by the way, their oatmeal at breakfast is really good and they also offer Starbucks coffee options.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2017

I have usually had good experiences staying at Marriott properties. My weekend at this Whippany NJ Courtyard was quite enjoyable. My room was nice and the amenities very nice, especially the indoor pool.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo