What a nice hotel ... excellent customer service from every single staff member, nicely appointed rooms, clean and well maintained. Just wonderful.
First off ... if you are using a GPS, the hotel advises that their address isn't the easiest to use when you are using a GPS. The hotel said to input the address - 100 Algonquin Pkwy in Whippany. My GPS announced that my destination was on the right, but the hotel was on the left. I had to go up to the next jug handle to make the left turn (no left turn at the light.)
I entered the hotel and was greeted immediately by the assistant manager. She promptly checked me in and welcomed me to the hotel. She checked us in quickly and noted my request for a room on a lower floor.
There was a pungent smell in the hallway near my room. It was a musty damp smell that did not spread into my room and that disappeared within a few hours.
My room was super clean and brightly lit. I was on the first floor, so I had a nice patio facing the exterior courtyard. The rooms on the exterior of the building on the first floor don't have those patios.
The bed was comfortable and nicely appointed with a soft and warm comforter and fluffy pillows. The bedding was clean and smelled fresh.
The bathroom was large with a separate sink area outside. They only supplied 3 towels in the room, but we asked for more towels that were supplied quickly. The towels were a little skimpy and not plush at all. The shower head was very nice with excellent water pressure.
There was a refrigerator under the counter where the coffee maker was kept (no microwave though.) The room had no built in closet, but had a stand alone armoire next to the desk. The TV was a flat screen with a remote with sufficient channels (we didn't really watch too much TV.)
Free wifi was included, and it worked throughout the hotel (both in the room and in the meeting room.)
I loved the outside courtyard. There were multiple areas to sit and enjoy the beautiful evening weather. There is a pool, whirlpool and gym that all look to be well maintained.
There is a Starbucks cafe in the lobby where they serve light breakfasts and make the popular Starbucks drinks. I thought that I would get free breakfast because I am a Platinum member, but they advised it was not included.
I requested late check out (2:00 PM), and that request was graciously granted.
Overall ... I had a lovely stay at the Courtyard Marriott Whippany, and I would happily return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Hanover Whippany hotel boasts a convenient location to Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) and is just a short drive from Manhattan. As one of the premier Morristown, NJ hotels, our multifunctional common areas and complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access allow guests to seamlessly move from work to relaxation while staying at our Morristown hotel. Unique among Whippany, NJ hotels, our signature GoBoard(R) shows the latest in entertainment, news, weather, and airport conditions in an interactive, touchscreen format. Our on-site restaurant, The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.(R) - provides guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. Each of our spacious Whippany hotel guest rooms feature luxury bedding and spacious work areas. The staff at our hotel in Whippany, NJ works to ensure that guests enjoy a productive yet relaxing stay from arrival to departure. The Courtyard Hanover Whippany offers a new perspective on travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Hanover Whippany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Hanover Whippany Hotel Whippany
- Courtyard Hotel Hanover
- Courtyard Whippany
- Courtyard Hotel Whippany
- Whippany Courtyard
- Whippany Marriott
- Courtyard Hanover Whippany NJ, North America