“Girls Weekend Spent in the Lovely Courtyard Marriott Whippany”

Courtyard Hanover Whippany
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Reviewed 7 August 2012

What a nice hotel ... excellent customer service from every single staff member, nicely appointed rooms, clean and well maintained. Just wonderful.

First off ... if you are using a GPS, the hotel advises that their address isn't the easiest to use when you are using a GPS. The hotel said to input the address - 100 Algonquin Pkwy in Whippany. My GPS announced that my destination was on the right, but the hotel was on the left. I had to go up to the next jug handle to make the left turn (no left turn at the light.)

I entered the hotel and was greeted immediately by the assistant manager. She promptly checked me in and welcomed me to the hotel. She checked us in quickly and noted my request for a room on a lower floor.

There was a pungent smell in the hallway near my room. It was a musty damp smell that did not spread into my room and that disappeared within a few hours.

My room was super clean and brightly lit. I was on the first floor, so I had a nice patio facing the exterior courtyard. The rooms on the exterior of the building on the first floor don't have those patios.

The bed was comfortable and nicely appointed with a soft and warm comforter and fluffy pillows. The bedding was clean and smelled fresh.

The bathroom was large with a separate sink area outside. They only supplied 3 towels in the room, but we asked for more towels that were supplied quickly. The towels were a little skimpy and not plush at all. The shower head was very nice with excellent water pressure.

There was a refrigerator under the counter where the coffee maker was kept (no microwave though.) The room had no built in closet, but had a stand alone armoire next to the desk. The TV was a flat screen with a remote with sufficient channels (we didn't really watch too much TV.)

Free wifi was included, and it worked throughout the hotel (both in the room and in the meeting room.)

I loved the outside courtyard. There were multiple areas to sit and enjoy the beautiful evening weather. There is a pool, whirlpool and gym that all look to be well maintained.

There is a Starbucks cafe in the lobby where they serve light breakfasts and make the popular Starbucks drinks. I thought that I would get free breakfast because I am a Platinum member, but they advised it was not included.

I requested late check out (2:00 PM), and that request was graciously granted.

Overall ... I had a lovely stay at the Courtyard Marriott Whippany, and I would happily return in the future.

Room Tip: Remember the rooms on the first floor on the exterior of the building don't look like they have...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 July 2012

If you need to be in this area for a night or two, this is a fine accommodation at a very modest price.It is not a full service Hotel nor is it meant to be one.
It is spotlessly clean, the rooms are updated and have everything one would need for a short stay.
My only complaint would be that if you are a light sleeper, the individual air conditioner units in the room can be noisy. This was not a problem for us, but it might be for someone else.

The service at check in was quick and efficient.
We would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor away from the elevators
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The hotel is located off a stretch of highway where there are some run down looking buildings, but the property itself was kept well maintained. The lobby is quite modern with an interactive large screen tv, where you can see local updates and news. The sitting area is nice with a bistro where you can get sandwiches and a beverage. The room was comfortable and had a nice asian inspired theme in the room and throughout the hotel. The bathroom was clean and the room also had a mini fridge, which is convenient. I was travelling for business so I did not explore too much around the hotel, but the only restaurants within a short distance that we saw, were a Chili's and Macaroni Grill. The room provides free wi fi and Starbucks coffee in the morning. The meeting room was a good size and we could pick a lunch from a menu from the bistro and they brought it for us- it was actually good food, as I was not sure what to expect for the deli sandwiches. The staff we encountered, were cordial, not overly friendly and the girl running the bistro the night we checked in was not friendly at all when some of the guys were wanting to order drinks from the bar. They had to keep going up to get the drinks because she seemed she didnt want to be bothered to bring them to the tables. Overall, a good location for a business meeting- I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Check in was fast and friendly. The rooms are quite average and could probably do with a facelift. Free wi-fi throughout the hotel but for the high room rate, it should be free. Breakfast wasn't overly exciting and overall there is nothing really good or really bad with the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cham3b
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My daughter and I spent a recent weekend at this newly renovated hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful and lobby and rooms were clean. Location was near many shops and restaurants. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Squidster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
4.7 km away
4.9 km away
HYATT house Parsippany-East
HYATT house Parsippany-East
#3 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Courtyard Hanover Whippany? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK