“Nice upscale Japanese/Chinese restaurant”

Hanami Japanese and Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #13 of 57 Restaurants in Westwood
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Visited 09/26/16
Just lunch on my own.
Very nice, upscale Japanese/Chinese restaurant.
I had their 2 sushi roll lunch with soup.
I was given a choice of 3 soups... egg drop, won-ton and miso soup. I don't think I've ever been offered a choice of soup before. It's usually miso soup. I chose the egg drop. Very good.
I had one spicy salmon and one spicy hamachi roll. Both very good and fresh.

Service was very good and prompt.
A bit pricier than I've seen in other sushi restaurants for lunch... but still, very good.

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is well appointed and upon entering you feel comfortable & welcomed .. Even with small children.

The menu seems typical but they do a fantastic job of preparation.
We just love the chicken with eggplant!!

THEY OFFER GLUTEN FREE SOY SAUCE!
You must ask for it !!

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

I went here for dinner on a Saturday night and was seated right away at a nice table outside. My friends and I waited a really long time for the waitress to take our order. We got the vegetable dumplings to start and they were delicious. For my meal, I got the chicken teriyaki platter which came with vegetables and rice. It was fantastic! Although, we had to constantly ask the waitress to fill up our water and to get us utensils. My friends and I waited a really long time for our check as well. The food was wonderful, but the service could have been better.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

The restaurant can be noisy when full but the tables are reasonably spaced and the seating is comfortable. The wantons are very good as is many of the Sushi dishes. Parking can be an issue on weekends and reservations are recommended then as well. Wait staff is attentive and service is fairly quick. BYO for alcohol. The menu is reasonably extensive given the two different Asian cuisines.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

This is our local go-to Asian. They do it all reasonably well: Thai, Japanese, Chinese. Food is fresh, service is good. I recommend you eat in rather than deliver - it's better fresh on the plate.