“Excellent lunch specials”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 30 May 2017

We love the chicken Philly cheesesteak and Chicken and avocado sandwich. I ask for the special without bread since I'm gluten free. This place is not Celiac friendly so I say this with warning for those with issues with cross contamination. The lunch specials come with a drink, fries, soup and dessert. The waiters and waitresses are attentive. Good neighborhood eat!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We always go here when we don't know what we want to ear.
Their menu is so extensive that we can each have our own thing. We have never come out of here disappointed.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

The owners great you with a smile at this busy dinner. I have been going here for 20 years and never disappoint, granted I only go for breakfast. Belly up to the bar or a both or table you have it all. Constantly good and always with a smile.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Three of us had dinner here. Two had the fish and chips and one had a chicken dish. All of the dishes were excellent and we all took food home for another meal. With wine and an included dessert it was a good deal for the money

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

I went to Matthews diner with four of my friends. The menu looked really good so I had high hopes. I had heard great things about the diner. However our waiter was very rude. He was aggressive and didn't check on us at all. Only came to take drink order, food order and give us our food. Didn't refill any of our waters. By the time he came to take our food order, my water was done and didn't think to bring over the pitcher. I got the tropical Belgian waffles and they were really good. It had strawberries bananas and whipped cream. Overall I was satisfied with the food. The toast was very good as well. The waffles didn't fill me up. Now we get the check and most of us need change. We went up and my friend got the last ten. I asked for 5's and singles. She said she can't give me any change. She wasn't apologetic at all. She was short and snippy. She seemed mad that I even asked for change. My friend was after me and she goes I can't help you "figure it out." Again very short and snippy. 5 minutes later my friend goes up and gets change. Now why she couldn't come to our table and give us change shows their attitude to customers, specifically kids. If an adult had asked for change she would have made it work. She could have told our waiter to come and tell us they got more change, but no. I was disappointed in the service, but food was good.