New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Wonderful Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cosmopolitan - CLOSED

Cosmopolitan
Cuisines: Soups, Italian, American
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: 856-765-5977
Kansas City, Kansas
“Wonderful Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

This was a wonderful place to eat. We really enjoyed the food large large portions to much food to eat had to take some home with me but other than that it was great. I would reccomand others to eat here.

Visited January 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Mantua, New Jersey
“Excellent!!! Execellent!!! Excellent!!!! Take John Ellick's word!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

My wife Jennifer and I first discovered this treasure of Vineland NJ about one year ago. We were totally blown away by the great selections on the menu, the great prices, and the lovely decor of the place. I was a cook/chef for 17 years, and I highly recommend this place! Everything from simple diner items,to gourmet Italian cuisine ,all at a reasonable price. They have the best greek salad by far, and everything in between. Always great food, cheap prices and great service, you can't go wrong. By far the best place to eat in Vineland, I'm always looking forward to returning. 5 Stars, and two thumbs up!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank John E
Vineland, New Jersey
“Good restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

buffet on weekend, various food served.
walking distance to Holiday Inn Express

Visited November 2011
New Jersey
“Low Budget Cheesecake Factory”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

When I saw this place, it immediately reminded me of The Cheesecake Factory in its design. They have the bakery which equates to TCF's cheesecake counter. Cosmo also has the bar and the nice decor. The similarities end there, but Cosmo's isn't that bad. I've been about 3 times since it's opened and I liked it fine. The food is average, but average in a good way. Nothing to blow your socks off, but better than your average diner food. They have plenty of choices and it's nice to go there before the happy hour crowd sets in.

Initially, some of us Vinelanders were leery of going there, as reports of fights kept us at bay. However, the place has held up and it's not a bad place at all. I've been there at night time as well and complaining about an open floor plan being noisy is a little silly to me. Most restaurants are like that, so it isn't truly bothersome (i.e. TCF). You can still have a conversation. There are TVs just about everywhere, but they are clearly only for sports fanatics, lol.

I've had the crabcake sandwich there, and it was nice. Could always use more seasoning, but it's freshness and focus on the crab was refreshing also. The food is comparable to Denny's in a way: tasty enough and large portions. To me, you can't really go wrong with those two elements. While refining the menu with some creative dishes would be great, I don't know if this area in general is sophisticated enough to handle it. At the same time, locals with discerning palates would still appreciate some elevated dishes. It's not always fun to have to travel to the Philly metro area to get that. Besides, the restaurant can still keep it's American-Continental fare that's popular as well. My one true complaint are that the desserts I've tried aren't very good. I love creme brulee, but their's was large, dry, cold, and burnt. Just about the complete opposite of what you would want in a creme brulee. Others I know have tried their other options and seem ok with it. I probably have too, but what stood out was that horrendous creme brulee.

Overall, it's cheap and the food is good enough. Who knows? Maybe over time the menu will evolve and the food will be rockin' sockin' cowboys. Even though it's not at that level yet, it's still worth a stop.

• Visited December 2010
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AfricanVenus
Pennsylvania
“Not my first pick in Vineland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

Maybe it's me but I don't find the "casino-like atmosphere" to be a draw. But then again, I don't usually go to a place with a "great bar scene" looking for good food.

And I was looking for good food. What we found was just average food in huge portions. Yes, you do get a LOT of food - but if it is only average food - do you really want that much of it?

Disagree with a former reviewer who felt they needed to post the exact same review for their SECOND and THIRD visits... It is only OKAY.

Did like the bread and tapenade... food was adequate, service was ok, if a little inattentive... bakery? don't get the cookies - they are terrible.

Think the Cosmopolitan would be much improved with a smaller menu and more of a focus on solid, creative dishes.

So what is my first pick in Vineland... Well, I am still looking for something amazing - but for now I guess it would be Longhorn.

• Visited March 2011