“Great fresh bagels”
Review of Lox of Bagels

Lox of Bagels
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Vernon
Reviewed 17 February 2016

Great bagels especially early am. I like their variety of bagels and cream cheeses. They are friendly and very reasonable.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

Been there maybe four times - service is great and bagels are good, not great. But today I spent some time looking around - the floor everywhere is disgustingly filthy. This is not the dirt from one day or one week, but looked like months or years of built up crud. The bathroom seems not to have been cleaned or maintained in years. If the owner or manager took any pride in the place it would not be this way. Which leads me to wonder what the kitchen area looks like -- you know, I think I won't be back.

Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

We had a good quick breakfast here. It is located inside of a shopping plaza. I had eggs with cheese on a bagel and it was very good. Basic. My coffee was also good.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

I picked up a dozen bagels from here to fly back to Scotland with as a treat for my office. Picked the bagels up mid morning and by very early the next day, and with a time change they were being enjoyed near the other side of the world.

The bagels are fresh and quite large, a good large selection of types from Poppy Seed to Jalapeno Everything which was provided in a seperate bag so it didn't turn everything else hot.

Helpful staff, good bagels, good price, traditional no nonsense bagel shop that I love.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I happened to visit my homeland of NJ for a family event this weekend. Having been born in raised in NJ, I have high standards for two things, Pizza and Bagels. On Sunday morning, July 27, we stopped by and hit this place at the wrong time. There was some sort of Mountain Festival going on so the shop was filled with wanna-be hippies coming down from a weekend of partying. The shop was filled with about 60-70 customers. I give the staff kudos for handling this rush in a courteous manner. However, the bagel I had was not of the quality I would expect. I was tempted to order a bagel sandwich, which may have tasted great. But the only way to really test the quality of a bagel, in my experience, is to eat it straight up. The bagel I had was of a soggy texture. Much like a super market bagel. Slightly better than the A&P would have next door, but still a long cry from the Bagel Gods of the area, G & A in Butler. On a strong note, we order an Italian Sub which we ate later on the drive home. That sandwich was great, but from the simple, yet so difficult to attain, quality of the bagel ( salt in my case ), they failed. I would have given them two stars, but the sandwich and customer service were four stars, so that averages out to a three.

Been to Lox of Bagels? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK