“Hotel needs a lot of work”

Clinton Manor Hotel Union
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Union
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Room was comfortable and had brand new mattress,floor in bathroom had new tiles but rest of building is old.Great price though based on prices of other hotels.Hotel has a concerge and the van will take you to Newark Airport anytime plus drop you off at bus depots.pick you up.This is usually a big cost but it was great to hve that service.Breakfast is just toast,cereal anf bagels with apples and oranges.Coffee,tea and juice are available but danishes small and packaged - not fresh!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The worst place I have been in my life . Staff just as dingy and dirty as the room. Was afraid to sleep in their bed and use their towels. Bathroom falling apart . Toilet did not flush. Refrigator was operated by a iight switch that did not work
If I was the cororate office I would take my name off that hotel, I would not stay in another travelodge again

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kamelag
Reviewed 31 January 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I left 30 minutes after checking in because not only was the room in terrible physical condition, and the shower obviously not cleaned (thick soap scum on wall) but THERE WAS GUM IN THE PEEPHOLE AND A PROSTITUE LEFT HER CARD ON THE DOOR (Superimposed on a hotel card, they may be working together). I left to stay somewhere else because I did not feel safe. The owner and his wife accused me the next day of STAYING FOR A FEW HOURS AND USING THE SHOWER, becuase the person I told the night before about my leaving said I stayed for a few hours.

THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY USED TO DEALING WITH PROSTITUTES. Please do not stay here or take your family here. It looks clean in the photo and is a franchise, but this is a dive motel. They refused a refund, and I had to dispute the payment with my credit card company.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

Worst ever! At check in they couldn't get their out dated credit card machine to work, they asked if I would go down the street and get $105 out of the ATM at 10pm in the pouring rain... Really! Then they told me to go to my room and come back to pay. I should have left after going to my disgusting room. There was mold in the bathroom. The sink wouldn't turn off. I had to decide between heat and stink. I tolerated the smell from the heater simply because it was too cold not to. Got up in the morning at 6am and no hot water! None. I couldn't even get a nasty moldy shower. The shampoo was half full and looked like a combination of multiple products. There is a coffee maker in room but no cups. The continental breakfast was virtually non exsistant. Cereal with no milk, toast, and coffee from the day begore, i believe. For $105 dollars, I think I should get a hot shower and a hot cup of coffee. Not here! Count your blessings if your sheets are clean!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Logowears
Also consider these accommodations in or near Union
2.8 km away
9.8 km away
Crowne Plaza Newark Airport
5.7 km away
Homewood Suites Newark-Cranford

Been to Clinton Manor Hotel Union? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK