“Consistently Good Sushi”

Teaneck Sushi Buffet
Ranked #29 of 133 Restaurants in Teaneck
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 26 October 2015

I visit Teaneck Sushi Buffet often. I am not a sushi connoisseur by any means but every roll I've had here has been really good. The staff are very friendly but do not hover over you while you're eating. I like the buffet option, especially the dinner buffet.

Reviewed 5 July 2015

The sushi is very good....we take out from here a lot....the all you can eat is still a good deal when dining in, but the service is unreliable and they often forget to bring things you order. Upside it BYOB.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have eaten here many times since its opening. Granted, it's not NOBU inside, but the waiters are friendly, the owner is gregarious, and the food is fresh and delicious. I have never had a bad experience here, nor have I ever had bad food. I've brought people here and everyone enjoyed the food, which is brought out quickly and fresh. Sometimes if the place is crowded there is a little bit of a wait for some of your items, but what busy restaurant doesn't get backed up once in a while? Bottom line- $20-$22 per person to eat all the sushi and side dishes you can is a ridiculous bargain. The quality of the food here suggests that it should be more expensive, but it is a great bargain. Stop in. Try the food. Talk with Tommy, the owner. Enjoy yourself. You can thank me later when you love it!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I ate here with my daughter on a Tuesday evening around 5 pm. When we arrived it was not crowded. Food can be ordered from the regular menu but we decided to go with the "all you can eat buffet" for $20 per person($22 pp on weekends). We were given 2 separate paper checklists, one for the sushi bar and one for the kitchen, where we marked off which items we wanted and the quantity. Initially, we tried the Miso soup, shrimp tempura and vegetable tempura from the kitchen. All came out very hot and in a timely manner. While we were eating these items we sent in our sushi request. The sushi choices are quite varied. You can select individual pieces of nigiri sushi or maki rolls which come in approx 6-8 pieces. They even offer specialty rolls. Our favorites were the butterfly roll and the New York roll . We ordered only a couple of rolls each time. Our waiter was very friendly and always asked if we wanted more. It was a bit difficult asking our waiter too many questions as his English was not great and he had difficulty explaining. The sushi tasted very fresh and was delicious.

Although we ordered mainly from the sushi section, non-sushi lovers can still enjoy the "All you can eat feature" which also includes various salads, appetizers and teriyakis.

For dessert we ordered fried banana topped with vanilla ice cream which was very yummy.

The decor of the restaurant could be improved as it resembled more of a Chinese restaurant than a Japanese place. It was very clean including the bathroom as well.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant for sushi. We were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was and the price can't be beat.

1  Thank TrumpetMom